Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Burnley 0 Manchester United 0
EPL week 3
Saturday 30 August 2014

Match highlights

http://footyroom.com/burnley-0-0-manchester-united-2014-08/

Link to watch full match replay

http://livefootballvideo.com/fullmatch/england/premier-league/burnley-vs-manchester-united

Van Gaal laments missed chances

Louis van Gaal felt problems at the attacking end of the pitch were to blame as Burnley became the latest team to frustrate Manchester United.

A first clean sheet under the new manager would surely have been the springboard for a first victory had the visitors to Turf Moor converted any of the opportunities on offer. The profligacy in front of goal vexed Van Gaal, especially after the players heeded his half-time call to improve their use and retention of the ball.

The manager told MUTV: “We played much better in the second half and created more chances. But you have to score from those chances, and we didn’t do that. It’s a disappointing result.”

Van Gaal felt his team were at fault in the first half for trying to compete with Burnley at their own game, and acknowledged a lack of confidence in the ranks.

“It was our mistake to fight with Burnley, even though they have fantastic fighting spirit. You have to play with the ball against teams like Burnley.

“I don’t think our confidence level was very high in the first half. But I think that’s normal when a club like United loses the first match and draws the second one. The pressure is higher and you have to cope with that. I could see in the first half that the players were very nervous to play the ball. We restored that in the second half, and maybe that will raise our confidence.”

Van Gaal declined to comment directly on United’s two ignored penalty appeals, following a challenge on Ashley Young in the first half and a handball claim in the second period. However, he did say more generally in response: “We had more possession of the ball than Burnley but more free-kicks were awarded against us than in favour of us. I think that is remarkable.”

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
beIN SPORTS ‏@beINSPORTSUSA 3m
.@ManUtd have reached an agreement with @AFCAjax for @BlindDaley http://bit.ly/1B4ntBH

average footballer for Man Utd, 18 million for him is ridiculous. No other clubs made any offers for him during the entire transfer period (far as I've read), but World Cup+van Gaal meant a fantastic piece of business for Ajax. Blind is a good player for the Eredivisie, but the type of player who isn't hard to replace. For the EPL he's an average player, unless he can make some serious steps in his development he's not the type of player who'll take Man Utd to the next level.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
average footballer for Man Utd, 18 million for him is ridiculous. No other clubs made any offers for him during the entire transfer period (far as I've read), but World Cup+van Gaal meant a fantastic piece of business for Ajax. Blind is a good player for the Eredivisie, but the type of player who isn't hard to replace. For the EPL he's an average player, unless he can make some serious steps in his development he's not the type of player who'll take Man Utd to the next level.
No Blind and Ajax lost to Groningen today. :)

Louis van Gaal can and will make Blind a much better player at Manchester United.

Blind in Manchester today after doing his medical. :)

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
No Blind and Ajax lost to Groningen today. :)

Louis van Gaal can and will make Blind a much better player at Manchester United.

Blind in Manchester today after doing his medical. :)

I'll say this much outside of RVP, the flying dutchman and Snyjder(Spelling) they didn't have much and still LVG took them to a 3rd place WC finish. I too think he can turn an average EPL player into a good player but it will take some time. As long as he stays productive for you guys, that is all you want right now.

yeah but with chicahrito coming to Madrid will free the cash for him

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Cash is no object for the most valuable football club in the world. that money may be huge dough for Ajax and other Dutch clubs but it's peanuts for Manchester United.
Well a lot of clubs even in the EPL don't have Man U's budget but you are right cash is no object for Man U because they will make enough in jersey sales and other Man U merchandise throughout the world as well. That is why Man U is at a luxury because LVG can just develop the guy he doesn't need to be a super star today. A team like Arsenal doesn't have that luxury.

You guys spend $100,000,000 plus for ADM. Our biggest transfer was 35,000,000 to Alexis Sanchez but it paid off he scored twice against Bestikas(spelling) and LC. Two goals in one week Arsenal needs to make smart signings like that. Please don't bring up Ozil haha.
Ok two draws and a win for Arsenal a road tie is a win.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Let me put it in simple terms that all you horndogs can relate to:

Daley Blind has a hot bird. already Manchester United quality and fan favorite. :drunk:

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
it's not about whether 18 million is little or a lot for Man Utd, it's a bout whether Blind is worth that. He had a good season + WC, but no one would've paid 18 million euros for him except van Gaal. But buying players has never been van Gaal's strong point ;)
Still, this is not nearly as ridiculous as Liverpool paying 18 million for Babel a few years back lol.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
it's not about whether 18 million is little or a lot for Man Utd, it's a bout whether Blind is worth that. He had a good season + WC, but no one would've paid 18 million euros for him except van Gaal. But buying players has never been van Gaal's strong point ;)
Still, this is not nearly as ridiculous as Liverpool paying 18 million for Babel a few years back lol.
Well , he's done fine with United so far.van Gaal just bought a world class player named Angel Di Maria & another world class player named Falcao (one year loan with option to buy). :)

I'll let Blind take the stage at United first before i decide if he's going to be good enough for United or not. and as i said before van Gaal has a good track record of developing talented players into better players. hopefully Blind can help with United's DM position.i have seen some great tackles and interceptions by him and i liked it. :)

Last edited:

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29011493

Radamel Falcao: Manchestr United agree loan move with Monaco

Manchester United have agreed to sign Colombia striker Radamel Falcao in a £6m season-long loan deal from Monaco.

Falcao, who must pass a medical, has been linked during the summer with a move away from the French Ligue 1 side, whom he joined for £50m in May 2013.

Falcao has scored 11 goals in 20 appearances for Monaco, and has two in three games this season.

The deal includes an option for United to buy the striker for 55m euros (£43.5m) at the end of the loan spell.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Manchester United sign Falcao on loan

Manchester United is delighted to announce that Radamel Falcao has joined the club on a one-year loan deal from AS Monaco, with an option to buy at the end of the loan period.

Falcao, 28, became a Monaco player in 2013 after very successful periods at Atlético Madrid, where he made 91 appearances, scoring 70 goals and became the first player to score a hat-trick in a single-legged UEFA Super Cup; and formerly at FC Porto, making 87 appearances and scoring 72 goals.

Radamel Falcao said: “I am delighted to be joining Manchester United on loan this season. Manchester United is the biggest club in the world and is clearly determined to get back to the top. I am looking forward to working with Louis van Gaal and contributing to the team’s success at this very exciting period in the club’s history.”

Louis van Gaal said: “I am delighted Radamel has joined us on loan this season. He is one of the most prolific goalscorers in the game. His appearance-to-goal ratio speaks for itself and, when a player of this calibre becomes available, it is an opportunity not to be missed.”

Radamel Falcao First Interview After Completing Loan Move To Manchester United

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQdf0n6hd6M

Falcao in action

[video=youtube;sSJc16uhI18]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSJc16uhI18&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Last edited:

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
MANCHESTER UNITED

Players in: Luke Shaw (Southampton, £30m), Ander Herrera (Athletic Bilbao, £28.8m), Vanja Milinkovic (FK Vojvodina, undisclosed). Angel di maria (Real Madrid, £59.7m), Marcos Rojo (Sporting Lisbon, £16m), Daley Blind (Ajax, £14m), Radamel Falcao (Monaco, loan).

Players out: Rio Ferdinand (QPR, free), Nemanja Vidic (Inter Milan, free), Ryan Giggs (retired), Alexander Buttner (Dynamo Moscow, £4.4m), Federico Macheda (Cardiff, free), Vanja Milinkovic (FK Vojvodina, loan), Patrice Evra (Juventus, initial £1.2m), Bebe (Benfica, £2.4million), Nani (Sporting Lisbon, loan), Wilfried Zaha (Crystal Palace, loan), Jack Barmby (Leicester, free), Shinji Kagawa (Borussia Dortmund, undisclosed), Javier Hernandez (Real Madrid, loan), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal, undisclosed), Tom Lawrence (Leicester, undisclosed), Nick Powell (Leicester, loan), Michael Keane (Burnley, loan).

And just in Cleverley's season long loan to Aston Villa.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Mashdi what's happening with Rojo work permit. ..
It's still in process. i think the paper pusher at Argentine Embassy stalling it is a Liverpool fan.

Our next match is 12 days away.so plenty of time for Rojo to sort it out and join United training for QPR match.