Sep 29, 2005

Manchester United 3-1 Newcastle
English Premier League week 18
Friday 26 December 2014
Old Trafford , Manchester

Attendance : 75,318

United goals by Rooney (2) & Robin van Persie

Extended Highlights

http://www.footytube.com/video/Manchester-United-vs-Newcastle-United-323891?ref=lchan_results

Full match replay

http://www.footballorgin.com/2014/12/premier-league-2014-2015-manchester_26.html

Van Gaal lauds impressive display

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal has commended the Reds on a comfortable 3-1 win against Newcastle, making particular reference to the excellent first-half showing.

The manager was pleased to see his charges return to winning ways ahead of a busy spell of fixtures and – with that in mind – believes the Reds handled Boxing Day’s game with superb professionalism.

“I think we have dominated the game for 90 minutes and scored fantastic goals - we should have scored much more,” Van Gaal told MUTV.

“The first-half was, of course, the better half and, during the second, we were already thinking of the match against Tottenham, which is why we did not dominate – I am very pleased with the performance today.”

Two-goal hero Wayne Rooney was also the focus of praise from the boss who was happy to see the forward take up a more attacking position than during the Aston Villa game last weekend.

"Against Villa, he was a little bit too defensive and I asked for him to be more attacking," the boss added. "He then scores two goals and gets and assist, what more can you demand as a manager?"

[video=youtube;J6olo1wonxo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6olo1wonxo[/video]

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Next Manchester United match is today. our United lads are at White Hard Lane. :)

Tottenham vs Manchester United
English Premier League week 19
Sunday 28 December 2014
White Hart Lane
Kick off : 12:00 UK time

Louis van Gaal's injury update

Louis van Gaal has provided an update on Manchester United forward Angel Di Maria following his omission from the 3-1 Boxing Day victory over Newcastle at Old Trafford.

The Argentinian returned from a hamstring injury during last weekend’s 1-1 draw at Aston Villa but was not even on the bench to face the Magpies on Friday. While speaking to reporters at his post-match press conference, van Gaal was asked to explain the situation.

“In the last training session, he [Di Maria] stepped out of the warming up,” the manager revealed. “It was a little bit amazing because he did everything very well, but he stepped out and now we have to wait and see for the analysis.”

Aside from Di Maria, van Gaal spoke positively about his team’s injury problems and admitted a handful of players could all return within the next two weeks – including Belgian midfielders Adnan Januzaj and Marouane Fellaini, as well as Marcos Rojo and Daley Blind.

“All the injuries are coming back,” the boss admitted. “It is a little bit late for us because now we have to play a lot of games within one week. But they are coming back and, within two weeks, I think a lot of players will be back.

“Januzaj is ill. It is a virus that is now running in the air. The virus has approached a lot of players but for him, it was too much. Also Fellaini… I think it is the Belgium virus! Will he be ready for Spurs? No he is ill. Fellaini and Adnan are not ready. Rojo is responding very well, that is what I mean. All of the players are responding very well. Blind is also responding very well. But okay, maybe two weeks.”

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Tottenham 0-0 Manchester United
English Premier League week 19
Sunday 28 December 2014

Link to watch match highlights

http://www.footytube.com/video/tottenham-man-united-ext-324228

Link to watch full match replay

http://www.footballorgin.com/2014/12/tottenham-hotspur-v-manchester-united.html

Van Gaal frustrated by Tottenham draw

Louis van Gaal rued missed chances and two lost points after his Manchester United side played out an entertaining but frustrating goalless draw with Tottenham Hotspur at White Hart Lane on Sunday.

Juan Mata, Robin van Persie, Radamel Falcao and Ashley Young all went close to scoring in the Barclays Premier League fixture but could not beat Spurs goalkeeper Hugh Lloris, who was tellingly given the Man of the Match award by broadcasters BT Sport.

“We lost two points I think,” reflected van Gaal. “We had the best performance of Manchester United’s season in the first half, we could have scored four or five goals I think, but we didn’t reward ourselves. In the second half, it was more of a struggle than football.

“You could see [then] that the players could not recover in two days. It was an ugly match. In the first half we played very well, but when you do not score goals then you cannot win. I said already before the matches, it is the culture of England [to play twice in 48 hours]. I think the human body cannot recover with 48 hours and in the second half it was a struggle.

“We gave three possibilities or chances away but we could have also scored from three possibilities - Juan Mata, van Persie and Falcao could have scored. The first half was a fantastic half of ours, but then you have to finish the attacks and we were not so effective today.”

United are now exactly halfway through the league season and van Gaal admitted his team would have been ahead of schedule with victory against Spurs. “I should have been satisfied if we had won today because then we would have had 38 points out of 19 matches and that is two points a match on average, which is very good.”

[video=youtube;XOuIgKW2Xyw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOuIgKW2Xyw [/video]

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Fletcher off to West Brom. Best of luck to him.

As Darren Fletcher departs for pastures new, ManUtd.com's Steve Bartram bids farewell...

To say that football needs more characters like Darren Fletcher is an understatement. The world needs more people like him. Far above and beyond being a model professional and a thoroughly decent man, he is a walking triumph of human spirit.

Perhaps, to fully absorb the point, you need to have had close experiences with serious illness, more specifically ulcerative colitis. In my case, it was watching at close-quarters over the course of two decades as a fit, active family member gradually had his energy eroded by the disease before he eventually embarked on life-changing surgery.

So, upon hearing in November 2011 that Fletch had contracted the illness, my immediate reaction was to write him off. His character was unquestionable, but how could a professional athlete handle the soul-sapping nature of the illness? There would be days when it was difficult to get out of bed, let alone partake in top level competitive sport.

It was stunning, then, when Fletch even returned to training, let alone made his competitive comeback in September 2012. When it emerged three months later that he would be taking another break from the game, I doubt I was alone in expecting his next public appearance to be suited and booted, taking sympathetic applause from a packed Old Trafford after announcing his retirement.

Instead, he simply did what he had always done: fought back. This man, this machine seemingly powered by adversity, underwent major surgery, then subjected his body to double training sessions, following daily group and individual routines at the Aon Training Complex, with regular afternoon sessions with Mick Clegg, United's former strength and conditioning coach, at his fitness lab in Ashton. Not content with merely coming back, Fletch wanted to come back a better player.

At this juncture, it is worth ensuring that this celebration of Darren Fletcher the character and the battler does not disserve Darren Fletcher the footballer. Aesthetically and conceptually, there have been slicker players to pull on the United jersey, but there was a primal, soul-affirming joy in the savage art of watching Fletch set about recovering the ball from opponents; a one-man swarm of Irvine Welsh characters bum-rushing a panicked tourist at the Edinburgh Fringe.

Not everybody agreed. 'Anti-football' was Arsene Wenger's 2009 assessment of the Scot's purpose, having watched his Arsenal side roll over after having its soft underbelly tickled by the all-action antics of Fletcher. Perhaps, having seen the benefits of fielding Francis Coquelin as an energetic midfield destroyer in recent weeks, the Frenchman has now acknowledged the art of such players.

Detractions never became distractions for the Scot, however. Having learned his trade under Sir Alex Ferguson and alongside Roy Keane, scrutiny and criticism went with the territory. The emergence of Chelsea as a new power, the ongoing menace of Arsenal and speculation over the future of the club conspired to set an unforgiving scene in which to learn on the job, but Fletcher's strength of character carried him through. Having already missed two key years of his career through injury as a teen, nothing was going to dissuade the Scot from stamping his authority on United's midfield, so he continued to inject infectious enthusiasm and energy as Ferguson's young team grew together.

The signings of Michael Carrick, Owen Hargreaves and Anderson in the space of a year provided a substantial blockade but, having been convinced by Ferguson that he still had a part to play in the evolving United after 2008's Champions League triumph in Moscow, Fletcher's reaction was to follow the example set by Cristiano Ronaldo. The Scot drew up a new training plan with Clegg, who then watched on as the Scot mastered his body. "The only other player I've worked with who got it so spot on was Ronaldo," said the coach.

Fletcher's reward was to play a major role as the Reds retained the Premier League title, won the Club World Cup and League Cup, reached the FA Cup semi-finals and lost in the Champions League final to Barcelona. Conspicuous by his absence after receiving a ludicrously harsh red card in the semi-final stroll at Arsenal, Fletcher had to watch on as Pep Guardiola's side thrived against a United team crying out for his hustle and moxie.

The reaction, once again, was to hit back harder. One-on-one skills sessions with Rene Meulensteen added more to the Scot's creative game, and he established himself as one of the Premier League's most effective midfielders. Though he privately tired of being labelled a 'big-game player', Fletch did thrive on the challenge of facing renowned opponents.

He admitted: "When we play them I say to myself: 'Right, I'm going to see how good you really are. Fabregas, Lampard and Gerrard, I'm going to get against you and see how you like it. And when you've not got the ball I'm still going to get about you and see how you like it.' I'm going to ask them: 'Do you fancy it? Do you like getting kicked? Do you like the fact I am going to be at you for the whole 90 minutes? As soon as you get the ball I am going to be in your face. You are not going to like it one bit. And when we have the ball I am going to run you into the corner and you're going to follow me. Are you ready for that? Because that's what's going to happen."

Within a year, however, Fletcher was battling another familiar foe. The colitis which he had initially shrugged off had returned with a vengeance. The next three years were an ongoing battle against his own body, but one from which he eventually emerged triumphant. Then, rather than banish the experience to a dank recess of the mind, Fletch made himself the poster boy for United for Colitis, a charity to raise awareness about the disease, so that others might follow his lead and beat it.

This leads us back to the character of the man. Today's outpouring of tributes from his coaches and team-mates says it all: friend, father-figure, confidante, leader. From a media perspective, he is a joyous experience. Questions meet honest, considered answers, and obligations are never swerved. After 2008's Champions League win over Lyon, Fletcher required stitches after a toilet door fell on him in the dressing room. Despite literally being attacked by an unhinged assailant, the badly bruised Scot still faced the world's cameras and dictaphones to field all questions. Years later, when a club media colleague left the club, Fletch happily partook in a mocked up (and unscripted) MUTV interview in which he tearfully paid tribute to the journalist for inspiring his success.

Some farewells are easier than others. On one level it is heart-warming to see Fletch refuse to spend any more time on the sidelines and leave the club he loves to pursue regular involvement elsewhere, but there is an unavoidable sadness to his departure which runs deeper, because he is the kind of person with whom you want to be associated. You don't meet many men like Darren Fletcher in football, or in life.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Anderson leaves Manchester United for Internacional

Internacional have signed Anderson from Manchester United on a four-year contract.

Anderson, 26, was allowed to leave Old Trafford after failing to make an appearance under Louis van Gaal since August, and is reported to have made the move on a free transfer.

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Anderson leaves Manchester United for Internacional

Internacional have signed Anderson from Manchester United on a four-year contract.

Anderson, 26, was allowed to leave Old Trafford after failing to make an appearance under Louis van Gaal since August, and is reported to have made the move on a free transfer.
I never liked him! Glad to see him go.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
I have seen the other thread Fariborz opened but I consider this thread his home! I know he has mentioned before that he is considering a short break from ISP but baba Agha Mashdi kojayee? Got everybody worried! I give Pogba back for free just let us know if you are OK!

Van Gaal is an idiot. His team was clearly playing desperate "Bekesh ziresh" football. This guy will not stay at Man U.

making millions by going from one country to another then get sacked or resigned back to eredivisie win a cup with ajax and then the circus continues ... Hiddink is another one ...

Payandeh Iran

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
From ManUtd.com

United agree deal to sign Memphis Depay
Manchester United has reached agreement with PSV Eindhoven and Memphis Depay for the player's transfer, subject to a medical, once the transfer window opens in June.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Depay has everything to make it at the top: physically very strong, fast, excellent technique/dribbling, excellent shooting (incl free kicks - most scored FK's in Europe this season), great mentality and drive..the only thing that can stop him from making it is himself. And a hefty sum for PSV to invest in his and other positions too ;)