Manchester United Information Thread

SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007
My fellow Man Utd fans:

Let me start by congratulating the OFFICIAL signing of three great players so far: Hargreaves, Anderson and Nani, yes you heard it right:

ANDERSON JOINS MAN UTD:
United have agreed terms in principle to sign FC Porto's exciting Brazilian starlet Anderson.

The 19-year-old is an attacking midfielder, although he can also play out wide or up front.

An official United statement confirmed: "Manchester United is delighted to announce it has agreed terms in principle with FC Porto for the purchase of the registration of Anderson.

"Personal terms have been agreed and a formal announcement will take place once the necessary administrative procedures, including a medical have been completed."

Anderson, who joined Porto in December 2005 from Gremio, played against United in a pre-season friendly in August last year at the Amsterdam Tournament.

Player Factfile
Full name: Anderson Luís de Abreu Oliveira
Born: Porto Alegre, Brazil, 13 April 1988
Position: Attacking midfielder / Winger / Forward
Joined Porto: December 2005

Trust me, he's the new Ronaldinho (a Porto Alegrean too) if he adapts well to EPL.

NANI JOINED MAN UTD:
Manchester United is delighted to announce it has agreed terms in principle with Sporting Lisbon for the purchase of the registration of Nani.
Personal terms have been agreed and a formal announcement will take place once the necessary administrative procedures, including a medical have been completed.

These news are from Man utd official website, ISP software does not let me post the link since I have less than 15 posts :(.

I saw a picture showing Carlos and David Gill at the Lisbon airport and I thought they were there to only sign Nani, but they did great. Dameshoon gam.

SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007
yeah dude it's true. I just hope it does not become another Obi Mikel story.

BBC:

Man Utd swoop for Anderson & Nani

Manchester United have agreed "in principle" deals to sign Anderson from FC Porto and Nani from Sporting Lisbon.

The Premiership champions are set to make 19-year-old Brazilian Anderson and 20-year-old Portuguese winger Nani their first signings of the summer.
"Terms are agreed with both players and an announcement will take place once a medical and other procedures are done," said a statement on United's website.
United are also on the brink of signing Owen Hargreaves from Bayern Munich.
Anderson has been named in Brazil coach Dunga's squad for the Copa America in Venezuela next month, but not Friday's friendly with England at Wembley.
Nani had been linked with a move to Tottenham, but recently said he would only leave Portugal to play for a club like United.

SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007
I'm positive this Brazilian does well in EPL.

The sweet part is Gill did a masterstroke because there was no indication of this even in tribalfootball who always link everyone to every team.

Nani is very good too. Another Ronaldo is in the making. Fingers crossed.

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
BRILLIANT SIGNINGS and they have simply installed themselves as the team to DEFINITELY beat in England next season and in Europe possibly. Two brilliant youngsters.

What coups! Amazing. Im shocked.

Amir

Bench Warmer
Mar 8, 2005
insane signings.. imagine they get quaresma too, whatever happens manchester will be out of this world next season

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
BRILLIANT SIGNINGS and they have simply installed themselves as the team to DEFINITELY beat in England next season and in Europe possibly. Two brilliant youngsters.

What coups! Amazing. Im shocked.
insane signings.. imagine they get quaresma too, whatever happens manchester will be out of this world next season

wait and see...Bayern with Ujfalusi, Klose and Toni will teach them a lesson!!! ;)

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
well, i dont know anything about these guys, but i guess they must have potential.

one thing for sure is that they got them young, and can work with them and tune them in to what they want.

but from what i understand, they are both midfield players. so they are still looking for a striker. and im pretty sure now they cant afford berbs :D (fingers crossed lol)

Apr 19, 2004
youtube nani

his compilations are a joke compared to karimis

I say again, 25 million euro for nani is a bad signing!

but wait, maybe in 2 years he be almost as good as ronaldo...

SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007
Welcome guys.

Anderson clip:
[nomedia]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lH7uQwOhKd4&mode=related&search[/nomedia]=

SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007
youtube nani

his compilations are a joke compared to karimis

I say again, 25 million for nani is a bad signing!
Certainly it's too much money. What can you do? The market is inflated, plus whoever we approach, clubs put big price tags just because we are Man Utd. Plus, there is just too much money involved in EPL and clubs in other countries know that.

However, talent wise, I'm positive Nani can make it within our sysem of play.

Apr 19, 2004
Certainly it's too much money. What can you do? The market is inflated, plus whoever we approach, clubs put big price tags just because we are Man Utd. Plus, there is just too much money involved in EPL and clubs in other countries know that.

However, talent wise, I'm positive Nani can make it within our sysem of play.
Reports so far say:

+ 20 (20-25) million Euro for both = + 40 (40-50) million together!

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
obviously anderson needs to get a work permit first. so its not a done deal just yet.

i have heard a few different figures by people. but it seems like together, they have cost around 30 million pounds.