Manchester United Information Thread

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
obviously anderson needs to get a work permit first. so its not a done deal just yet.

i have heard a few different figures by people. but it seems like together, they have cost around 30 million pounds.

hm..work permit could be a problem.

I don't think that Anderson has an EU passport and he isn't really playing for Brazil.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
I have seen Anderson a few times but never Nani. I am sure Quieroz has done his homework here and knows him better than most.

What United still need is to offload Saha and bring in another striker. There is also room for another central defender.

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
Sometimes based on the importance of the role he will play at the club, a work permit is issued, plus this is Man Utd. They dont face these kinds of problems! ;)

And its not about them playing one or two games, its that they are two of the most sought-after youngsters in world football and they will both be in Manchester...

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
Manchester United have confirmed that England midfielder Owen Hargreaves will join them from Bayern Munich on 1 July.
United have not yet disclosed the fee but it is believed to be in the region of £17m.

Hargreaves has agreed personal terms and passed a medical so now he only has to officially put pen to paper on what is expected to be a five-year deal.

The 26-year-old is set to do that when he returns from a family holiday in his native Canada at the end of June.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Sometimes based on the importance of the role he will play at the club, a work permit is issued, plus this is Man Utd. They dont face these kinds of problems! ;)
Oh they do. Few years ago they couldn't sign Foe, who was later signed by City. There was also the famous case of the Brazilian player (his name escapes me) who hadn't played enough games for Brazil and wasn't able to sign. These days United loan such players to Antwerp in Belgium where there are no such laws until such time when the player has played enough national games to qualify for a work permit.

Nov 29, 2002
Nani has been coveted by all the biggest clubs in the world for the last 2 years, anyway he is a winger so is gonna be a replacement for Giggs in the long term.

Im surprised man u got him when i'd have thought chelsea woudl be desperate for him

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
it's a wonderfull day!!!!!!!!!:)

Anderson is an attacking midfielder like Scholesy.very strong (both physically & technically) and fast, and has developed a habit of passing the ball (much to Fergie's taste)
Anderson has some pleasant resemblance with Ronaldinho, they both started at Gremio, they are both talented out of this world, and they even look a bit alike!!!
Nani is a great prospect for the future.he is a winger to replace the great Giggsy,and if Fergie succeeds with molding Nani into ManU system,he can become a fantastic ManU winger.
One more striker (Berbatov/David Villa/Torres/Huntelaar) and that would do it for a perfect summer.(unless Fergie wants to give Saha another year,which is quite possible,in which case acquiring a central defender wouldn't hurt at all.)

The Future Is RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

iranissick

Bench Warmer
Dec 10, 2005
london, on
i dont think we need another central defender.
we will have gerard pique back and pique has been a starting central defender for Zaragoza this season.
and in defense we will also have phil bardsley back from Aston Villa, and he has been impressing lately
For striker, judging that Rossi is coming back from a successful loan period I won't be surprised if we don't make any signings and hopefully Saha can stay injury free and have a good year

All in all I am happy right now with our squad
and carrick will really start having to pick it up if he wants to keep a starting central midfield position. he's a great player, but in too many games he has been invisible this season...

SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007
If nobody leeaves the club and all the loanees come back, then United can make a credible challenge for the quadruple. There will be some top top players needing games who will start matches in teh Carling Cup.
I just hope we had better covers in defence for the next season in case something like this year happened (Vidic, Neville, Ferdinand all out or semi-injured during Milan clash). Ironically, Milan played their best football that day unlike CL final, so disappointing for us.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
If nobody leeaves the club and all the loanees come back, then United can make a credible challenge for the quadruple. There will be some top top players needing games who will start matches in teh Carling Cup.
you are getting me all stirred up already!!!:football:

SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007
Another Surprise:

Anelka next on United's list as summer spending hits overdrive

[FONT=Geneva,Arial,sans-serif]Dominic Fifield
Friday June 1, 2007
The Guardian

[/FONT]
Manchester United's pursuit of a striker has prompted them to lodge an inquiry with Bolton Wanderers about the availability of the France striker Nicolas Anelka, with the Premiership champions having already taken their potential summer spending beyond the £50m mark with the purchase yesterday of Owen Hargreaves.

The England international followed the Portugal winger Nani and the Brazilian midfielder Anderson to Old Trafford, allowing Sir Alex Ferguson to turn his attention to supplementing his striking ranks. His initial targets had included Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o and Dimitar Berbatov of Tottenham Hotspur, though they have effectively been priced out of his budget following this week's spending.

Another highly-rated striker, the Ajax forward Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, who scored 23 goals in 34 league appearances in Holland last term, has indicated he would prefer to remain in the Eredivisie for a further season, leaving Ferguson searching for alternatives. Anelka, 28, has emerged as a surprise target.

The France international moved to the Reebok from Fenerbahce last summer for a club record £8m. He played a significant part in securing Wanderers' Uefa Cup qualification, scoring 11 league goals, but he is keen to compete again in the Champions League and has been unsettled by Sam Allardyce's departure.
Indeed, Allardyce had admitted that he would listen to offers for Anelka this summer had he stayed at the Reebok. Sammy Lee, Allardyce's successor, is keen to retain the striker, however. Hargreaves' arrival, confirmed some 24 hours after the two signings were secured in Portugal, ended a year-long pursuit of the England midfielder with the 25-year-old expected to sign a five-year contract at the end of next month when he returns from a family holiday in his native Canada. The fee is understood to be £17m, with Hargreaves to provide support for Michael Carrick, allowing Ferguson to use Paul Scholes more sparingly next season.

SirAlex

National Team Player
May 6, 2007
Gill: Spending may now stop

Manchester United chief executive David Gill has confirmed the club have done the majority of their summer spending in the past 24 hours.
The Premiership champions announced deals to sign youngsters Anderson and Nani on Wednesday evening before completing the capture of England midfielder Owen Hargreaves from Bayern Munich on Thursday.
Although United are sure to be linked with further summer signings, Gill insists that more arrivals at Old Trafford are unlikely, having already paid out in the region of £50million for the midfield trio.
"We will see what happens over the next two or three months but by and large that will be the major element of our business," Gill told MUTV.
"If a player comes up that Sir Alex (Ferguson) is convinced will make us better, I am sure we will find the funds but that is a major bit of business we have done this week."
Meanwhile, assistant manager Carlos Queiroz believes Nani and Anderson can link up with Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney to form an unstoppable attacking force for years to come.
Both players still need to undergo medicals with The Red Devils, but Sky Sports News understands Anderson (pictured) is on his way to England to complete his switch.
"It is really worth stopping to imagine what an attack formed by Wayne Rooney, Cristiano Ronaldo, Nani and Anderson could do," Queiroz said.
"They are players who blend creativity and magic into football.
"It really is wonderful to be able to mould and enhance their capabilities. "I have always worked with players in this formative process and this is a significant investment in Manchester United prospects for the next 10 years."

SKY

Aug 26, 2005
Anelka would be great for Man Utd I think. Could end up with 20+ goals for sure with the right service.