ManoTo / Iran International etc. Are they Islamic Republic funded?

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Hear me out first!!!
So during the holidays, I spent time at my parents place and got to watch a lot Iranian TV (not necessarily by choice) anyway, after a week of watching ManoTo and Iran International, I noticed something common, NONE of these actually provide a plan, an action item. They keep highlighting the problem, OK We got it, we have a problem, but as a mainstream media, how come no one is providing any plan?

People upload their videos of GEROONI, Havaaye Aloode, etc, and feel like they are doing "MOBAREZE". I feel like these channels just make people inside think they are doing "something" while allowing IR to continue!!!

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Nobody in public officially knows who funds ManoTo.

as far as what the plan is?

There is none. for all intents and purposes the policy of "Iranian opposition" is we hate akhoonds; we we should use all means necessary to topple them.

be it War, sanctions, internal civil war, civil disobedience,

Oct 18, 2010
don't know about manoto but i sometimes watch ii on the dish for pure
entertainment and comedy purposes.their analysis of the news is very
childish and elementary, even worse than the mek tv :ROFLMAO:

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
I am pretty sure Iran international is funded by the Saudis. But I don't think any of these 2 stations are funded by the IRI. Manoto does a good job showing peoples everyday struggles which they should.. They also do a good job with some of their documentaries with decent production quality.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I am pretty sure Iran international is funded by the Saudis. But I don't think any of these 2 stations are funded by the IRI. Manoto does a good job showing peoples everyday struggles which they should.. They also do a good job with some of their documentaries with decent production quality.
I agree, they should show the struggle, but from the 2 weeks I watched, that is all they are doing. I mean we all know there is struggle, if you dont by now, you are 99% an IR supporter. It is like I keep telling you everyday, "Maziar, your car is broken, your car is broken" yes, after 1 week, we know your car is broken, how can we fix it? If I was running a media like them with soooo many viewers, I would also focus on ways to solve the issue.
Also, while many seem to think II is sponsored by Saudi, question I have is, what is in for them? how is II benefiting the Saudi?

No TV station comes up with a plan unless they are a cult like the Akhoonds or MEK.
I don;t agree with you Ostad, why can't they come with a plan, NOT ManoTo themselves, but why not bring in experts or leaders that can propose a plan? are you saying we have none? if so, then we still going to have this discussion 80 years from now!!!
I assure, Akhoonds are not going to say "Oh, you guys are not happy? OK then, we leave now !!!" they dont care what ManoTo shows on TV ! People must take action! by sending videos to ManoTo, I do not think we going to see regime change, I hope I am wrong though.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
The simple answer is no, in my opinion. They are not funded by IR. I know it's an Iranian pass time to relate everything to IR as some conspiracy, but the amount and the kind of damning criticism of IR is unprecedented and no dictatorship would fund such a machine against itself.

As for a political plan, it is not their job. No TV channel, news or otherwise, provides that function.

I don't know who funds manoto and why it is such a secret, probably a safety issue. But I believe Iran International is funded by some Persian Gulf states.

For me they are good, I am glad they exist. Much much better than the BBC which seems far too careful not to step on IR toes. BBC even have official reporters inside Iran who function with permission from the regime.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
LOL! Opposition and revolution through TV channels :sneaky:

Iran will be a land of Islamism and poverty for decades to come regardless of the type of regime running it.

As for ManoTo and Iran International, I don't mind either channel as they are the only sources of true citizen-journalism and some decent documentaries, but I absolutely hate the airtime they allocate to regurgitating Islamic Republic talking points as if they are significant or have a fucking meaning.

Shit like this pisses me off to no end when I hear it on their news program:

رهبر ایران، علی خامنه ای ضمن تسلیت به بازماندگان حادثه، حمایت آحاد ملت از دولت را نشانه ی پیروزی حق بر باطل و به خاک نشستن توطئه ی صهیونیسم و غرب دانست. او سپس با دعوت ملت به خویشتنداری در برابر مشکلات، از مسئولین خواست در رسیدگی به نیازهای بازماندگان تعجیل نمایند

It's like it came straight out of fucking Kayhan newspaper with a slight modification.

Why give them the airtime or repeat their garbage word-for-word? Why give that piece of shit Zarif all the publicity he could dream of by re-airing his garbage words that most people would not bother watching on other channels?

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
LOL! Opposition and revolution through TV channels :sneaky:
How do you think one if not the most popular TV station can play a role? Sending videos of people problem , OK I got it things are extremely expensive in Iran, people are fucked up, they are dying of hunger. YES WE ALL KNOW THE PROBLEMS!!! What can we do about it?

In my opinion, a TV as popular as II or ManoTo need to bring in more solution to the table by inviting expert panels etc.
They have various MIZE GERD programs talking about problems, and BS Akhoonds say, I mean YES WE KNOW. HOW CAN WE SOLVE THIS SHIT?

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
How do you think one if not the most popular TV station can play a role? Sending videos of people problem , OK I got it things are extremely expensive in Iran, people are fucked up, they are dying of hunger. YES WE ALL KNOW THE PROBLEMS!!! What can we do about it?

In my opinion, a TV as popular as II or ManoTo need to bring in more solution to the table by inviting expert panels etc.
They have various MIZE GERD programs talking about problems, and BS Akhoonds say, I mean YES WE KNOW. HOW CAN WE SOLVE THIS SHIT?
You can't. There are tens of millions of people in Iran who will actively oppose any viable solution put forward by the so called "experts" even if they come from the heart of Islamic Republic in a very legal manner.

Any solution you apply to Iran's problems will cause outrage and screaming by a large portion of the population. There is no nice way to end this country's misery. None. That ship sailed a very long time ago.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
While my brain agrees with you here, but my heart just refused to give up on Iran ...
Not sure Iran itself needs to be given up on. It's life itself that is just too short for us humans to see Iran the way we dreamed of since childhood. It's alright to give up on that image ever materializing in our lifetime. It's not like we have a choice. Much like we didn't have a choice in being born in an Islam-infested shithole.