Melo, Billups to NYK

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Don't think connection will be a problem

Problem is New York got a player they could have signed for free in the summer for 2 players with great potential and locked themselves out of 2012 race for Chris Paul or Deron Williams.

Even worse, the deal was made by Dolan behind Walsh's back with Isaiah as the guy pushing it. Now, Isaiah is and has always been disaster.

Anyway, it's good to have Melo in New York but like I said, wait until summer and no matter what, he's yours.
New York can't do anything now anyway, as there are 4 much better teams in the east.

I liked the deal in the morning, but then I read about the Isaiah part and, oh well...

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
nobody is gonna win anything with Amare in the front court anyways, for his athletic ability and size the dumbest most useless defender ever

you could say he is pound for pound the worst defender in the league :D

Shahin2000

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
Don't think connection will be a problem

Problem is New York got a player they could have signed for free in the summer for 2 players with great potential and locked themselves out of 2012 race for Chris Paul or Deron Williams.

Even worse, the deal was made by Dolan behind Walsh's back with Isaiah as the guy pushing it. Now, Isaiah is and has always been disaster.

Anyway, it's good to have Melo in New York but like I said, wait until summer and no matter what, he's yours.
New York can't do anything now anyway, as there are 4 much better teams in the east.

I liked the deal in the morning, but then I read about the Isaiah part and, oh well...
The problem is if the Knicks had not reacted right away, the Nets would have gotten Melo and that is a chance NY could not take. Bottom line I believe the Knicks gave up too much for a scorer in Melo and an old free agent in Chauncy.

Jun 18, 2005
Billups does not want to stay in New York so he will leave once the season is over. I do not know if this was a good trade for the Nuggets. Time will tell and the draft picks...

New York gave up too much and they really do not have a bench right now. This whole idea of having too many superstars on one team is silly. Look at the Heat, they really can not compete with the likes of Celtics who actually have a bench.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
The problem is, for Melo, money was just as important as destination and winning. This shows because Denver has better pieces than NY, yet he wanted to bolt - showing winning is not as important. He wanted to be traded NOW so he gets Max resigning dollars while playing under NY's national spotlight.

Poor Felton, played his heart out and traded. They will miss Chandler's defense and Gallo's ability to stretch defenses. Now NY has two superstars on their team who cannot play defense :), and Big Shot Billups will jet back to Denver after his current contract ends to eventually win a position in Denver's front office. Denver did incredible with this deal. More pics, 17.5 Mil trade exceptions, and young talent. Lawson was the future, so they lost nothing by trading away Billups. They might even trade away Felton because of their commitment to Lawson.

Isiah is a killer of any organization he goes to. After the havoc he caused in NY, Dolan still trusts this guy and he's found his way back into that organization. Poor Walsh.