Members Input for Front Page

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Guys I have more question, again I appreciate you answer this. I will write an article based on your answers after the game of Portugal, more feedback the better statistically speaking :D

[1] How was CQ strategy against Spain, what would you have done differently ?
[2] Are we going to beat Portugal and go to the next stage ?
[3] Do you have more trust on the team and CQ after the spain game ?
[4] Are you happy overall of the performance so far ?
[5] In case Iran loses against Portugal, will you be satisfied with TM overall performance or the last game is the important factor ?

Feb 28, 2018
[1] How was CQ strategy against Spain, what would you have done differently
Awe-inspiring.. I would have probably just shit myself!

[2] Are we going to beat Portugal and go to the next stage
Yes! It's probably because I haven't been able to sleep since the last game but I feel more confident about this than ever did against any Asian teams!
[3] Do you have more trust on the team and CQ after the spain game
Yes!

Yes... We had lucky.. Unlucky and now time for earned glory

[5] In case Iran loses against Portugal, will you be satisfied with TM overall performance or the last game is the important factor ?
I would be satisfied overall as they overdelivered already but the Bosnia game was so disappointing four years ago, I really hope we don't go through a game like that again (even though on paper our task against Portugal is harder!)

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Perfect strategy. Would have brought in Gucci after Spain goal.
30% chance
Yes
Yes
Last game is important.

Feb 4, 2005
Perfect. I’d probably bring Ghoddoos or Ghoochan in sooner (ba ejazeyeh agha Carlos)

I changed my prediction to a win for Itan

Absolutely yes

Very happy and proud

Yeap

[1] How was CQ strategy against Spain, what would you have done differently?

[3] Do you have more trust on the team and CQ after the Spain game ?
[5] In case Iran loses against Portugal, will you be satisfied with TM overall performance or the last game is the important factor ?.

I don't answer all but CQ must have the ability to change formation and fans need to avoid excuses. We played well because Morocco is the champ of Africa, We played well because Spain was the former World champion or we had no preparation. These are all facts but at the end, it's 11 vs 11. Iceland coach is a dentist, most of their players don't even play in a league, go see how they played against Argentina..... this way we'll never get anywhere and again and again no one cares how you played they care what you did. as of right now we had only 3 shots on goal in 180 minutes. this is not normal

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Guys I have more question, again I appreciate you answer this. I will write an article based on your answers after the game of Portugal, more feedback the better statistically speaking :D

1) Good. Interesting to know how much the forced substitution of Hajsafi changed his plans.
2) Be omide Yazdan.
3) Had already maximum of trust so...
4) Yes!
5) Yes! The team played united and showed incredible teamwork, hustle and togetherness, unlike any other team in Iran's history.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik

I don't answer all but CQ must have the ability to change formation and fans need to avoid excuses. We played well because Morocco is the champ of Africa, We played well because Spain was the former World champion or we had no preparation. These are all facts but at the end, it's 11 vs 11. Iceland coach is a dentist, most of their players don't even play in a league, go see how they played against Argentina..... this way we'll never get anywhere and again and again no one cares how you played they care what you did. as of right now we had only 3 shots on goal in 180 minutes. this is not normal
How did Iceland play different to Iran? They put 11 men behind the ball, hoped for goalkeeping errors and had Messi miss a penalty. They are also a group of players that have been playing together for 8-10 years and their country has one of the highest GDPs in the world still.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field

I would have liked to see sardar further up the field so we could have a target man to play ball to when we had the ball.

50/50, we are playing Portugal, it's not going to be a walk over.

Absolutely!

Yes!

Yes, as long as they give it all they got like the first two games.

How did Iceland play different to Iran? They put 11 men behind the ball, hoped for goalkeeping errors and had Messi miss a penalty. They are also a group of players that have been playing together for 8-10 years and their country has one of the highest GDPs in the world still.
you realize the whole country has a population of 1/30 of Tehran.

So what? You do realize that the whole country has a GDP/capita 12 times that of Iran and facilities to play football no one in Iran can dream of?
Oh, now that's the problem with Iran low scoring issue? I say we have to be more attacking minded if we're gonna stay in Russia and we only have 90 minutes. Now if GDP has a part here then you know better

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Oh, now that's the problem with Iran low scoring issue? I say we have to be more attacking minded if we're gonna stay in Russia and we only have 90 minutes. Now if GDP has a part here then you know better
na agha! You said "we should look at Iceland and how they play!" I said Iceland play more or less like us. They defend deep. Whether you defend deep in 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 is not the issue. Then you came with "they are only 300000 inhabitants". I said, fine, they have the resources, doesn't matter. You made it an issue of population, as if population has anything to do with anything. Uruguay has 3.5 Million inhabitants, Croatia has 4.5 Million inhabitants and Uruguay has better defenders than Argentina with 45 Million and Croatia has better midfielders than Argentina with 45 Million and everyone has better everything than China.

Again, I'm asking you, what should we copy from Iceland? Maybe Azmoun should call himself Azmounson instead? Na june man!

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Lacking. Having a striker defending in front of our own box completely eliminated any chance of Iran getting lucky on a counter-attack and threatening Spain. After the goal was conceded, this error became even more apparent as Iran showed to be quite capable of causing danger.

Absolutely no chance.

Yes, but too little too late.

Can't be happy. Why would anyone be happy with a loss? That's just stupid. Overall it's been satisfactory, but again clearly lacking.

Same question as last one. Iran will lose against Portugal and the only question remaining will be why this team was not offensively better prepared.

Lacking. Having a striker defending in front of our own box completely eliminated any chance of Iran getting lucky on a counter-attack and threatening Spain. After the goal was conceded, this error became even more apparent as Iran showed to be quite capable of causing danger.

Absolutely no chance.

Yes, but too little too late.

Can't be happy. Why would anyone be happy with a loss? That's just stupid. Overall it's been satisfactory, but again clearly lacking.

Same question as last one. Iran will lose against Portugal and the only question remaining will be why this team was not offensively better prepared.

Agreed with all except #2. the game is full of surprise and blows. A red card and a penalty can change the whole scenario of any football game. Portugal can have their worst day and hit the woodwork 10 times while with Our single attack the ball kisses the back of the net and dispatch the Pork and cheese back home.