Members Input for Front Page

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com

Agreed with all except #2. the game is full of surprise and blows. A red card and a penalty can change the whole scenario of any football game. Portugal can have their worst day and hit the woodwork 10 times while with Our single attack the ball kisses the back of the net and dispatch the Pork and cheese back home.
That's just my juvenile attempt at jinxing the shit out of reality.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
[1] How was CQ strategy against Spain, what would you have done differently?

[2] Are we going to beat Portugal and go to the next stage ?
[3] Do you have more trust on the team and CQ after the Spain game ?
[4] Are you happy overall of the performance so far ?
[5] In case Iran loses against Portugal, will you be satisfied with TM overall performance or the last game is the important factor ?.

I don't answer all but CQ must have the ability to change formation and fans need to avoid excuses. We played well because Morocco is the champ of Africa, We played well because Spain was the former World champion or we had no preparation. These are all facts but at the end, it's 11 vs 11. Iceland coach is a dentist, most of their players don't even play in a league, go see how they played against Argentina..... this way we'll never get anywhere and again and again no one cares how you played they care what you did. as of right now we had only 3 shots on goal in 180 minutes. this is not normal
Agha fadaye un cheshmet besham

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Now for the last set of questionare,
[1] How proud are you from the world cup experience ?
[2] How was CQ strategy against Portugal and overall ? What would you have changed ?
[3] Was this the best Iranian team in history ?
[4] If you didn't approve CQ before this game, what is your opinion now ?
[5] How was Beiranvard performance ? Better or Worse than expected ?
[6] Final thoughts ?

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Just enough.

[2] How was CQ strategy against Portugal and overall ? What would you have changed ?
It was good. I wouldn't have changed much except made these players believe even more in themselves. They still lacked the belief for the entire first half.

Defensively yes. Offensively, not even 3rd best.

Somewhat changed. 2 years ago I claimed CQ would not cause a turning point in Iranian football. I humbly apologize for that prediction and admit I was wrong. He did cause a turning point.

In this game, shaky at first, but he turned it around. His penalty save was quite a highlight. Over the 3 games he did alright.

[6] Final thoughts ?
Fuck Iran's football culture. Really, FUCK IRAN's DOMESTIC FOOTBALL CULTURE. It's a branch of the local culture of everything else, but it's specially lame. It's the main reason behind all the sighs, regrets, anger, lack of confidence and disappointments we experience with Team Melli. I hate it with a passion.

From Ferdosipour to Parvin, Zolfagharnasab, Ghalenoei, Mansourian, Mayelikohan, Azizi, Karimi, Kaffashian, Taj, Hedayati, ... IRIB as a whole, the newspapers, most fans, the federation. FUCK THEM ALL. I hope they all go away. I wish we could have 5-6 competent foreign managers in IPL and less Iranian garbage. Only and only then could we think about elevating Iran's overall football level.

Iran's domestic football is still at a much lower level than it should be. It's lower than that of South Korea's, Japan's, Australia's, Saudi Arabia's and even UAE's. We are years behind. That's why it takes someone like CQ to rescue our team and make it a force in a World-Cup. It does not take a manager of this caliber to do the same for nations like Japan and Korea anymore because they wisely invested their money and are now eating its fruits on a relatively acceptable budget with less drama.

Akhoondi and Sepahi football is still prevalent in Iran. There's little hope of repeating or bettering today's success if that remains the case.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field

very proud

Good , I would have rested Amiri and Taremi and have Gucci and Saman from start.

Best team yes ,best players still belong to 1978 squad

Approved and supported him along.

Tremendous !

[6] Final thoughts ?
Regret for lack of preparations and hindrance of the fifth column and Hyenas in Iran football mafia , proud of team's spirit and unity and bravery ,hats off to the players and Carlos Q .

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik

Very

Football is a game of details and small margins. Hindsight is 20/20.

Yes

Incredifuckingable

[6] Final thoughts ?

When was the last time you saw 23 Iranians work as a unit, show this level of team spirit and togetherness, be sometimes frank with each other and get mad, in the end still pull together, put ego aside, work for each other etc. It's just amazing what we can achieve together. Even if it was close, but TM did Iranians proud, not one player let his ego get the better of him, all players performed above expectations, our central defense, our central midfielders, especially Omid Ebrahimi, performed at an incredible level, Azmoun did not score but his hustle and sacrifice should prove to every European coach that there is a diamond in the rough that could be turned into a fantastic player....honestly...words fail to describe how great this team is. Iran performed as they should have, results in other games (Morocco scoring equalizer against Portugal, Spain not conceding silly goals against Portugal) might have made us play Uruguay or Russia next, but at the end, we saw an amazing team and the best performance of any Iranian team at a World Cup.

Feb 4, 2005

How I wish it wasn’t the last time to answer these questions

VERY

NOTHING

Yes since mid 70s that I have followed them.

Always approved.

Much much better. He had one sooti in collecting a cross against Portugal but that was it.

[6] Final thoughts ? KHEILI HEYF SHOD.

Nov 29, 2002
Sorry i just saw these:

1] How proud are you from the world cup experience ?

Immensely proud, head held high.

Fairly good, team was disciplined. I would have started Milad who has a very good aerial game, is fast and physical. Ghoddos should have come in earlier or started. Easy to say in retrospect.

Overall, 4 points and three respectable performances is above what most people could have expected. This will hopefully be the last time Iran underestimates itself, we were really on par with some great teams, and we can show more of our killer instinct, for which we need more players at higher level and more camps prior to future tournaments.

As a team yes, talent wise probably not quite.

Highly respected him before as a perfect fit for TM and no real change.

Excellent in all three games apart from the first 15 minutes of Iran-Portugal. Given his age, he can be Iran's number 1 for a decade to come. He has some intrinsically outstanding traits which are nice to see in an iranian keeper, and if he can work on other aspects we have a real gem of a goalkeeper who could potentially become our greatest of all time.

[6] Final thoughts ?

Very proud of team, staff and fans in Russia. A positive experience for TM which we can only build on.

Nov 24, 2002
We were amazing, brave, passionate and played with our heart. Usually people recognize the older generation of footballers in Iran playing with their heart and Gheyrat but man, these guys are the real meaning of Gheyrat.
I was kind of expecting to play conservative, at least for the first half, i guess CQ learnt his lesson from Bosnia match 4 years a go, i was just hoping, Ghoddos and Ansarifard sub's was happening much earlier. We played with two DM for 76 minutes, with our depth upfront, we could have beeen more offensive, at least from minute 60 instead of the last 15 minutes
No doubt, not maybe in level of talent, even we can argue about this, but the team chemistry was always an issue with Iranians, and the discipline implemented in the team is %100 thanks to CQ.
He has been Iran's best ever manager, lasting 7 years in this country, only he could deal with IFF.
Except one or two occasions, he has been very good. I have criticized him many times, and rightfully, but hats off, he raised his game during the tournament.
[6] Final thoughts ?
I am proud of this team, everyone gave their %100, Even a guy like Sardar was pressing like crazy, and was winning lots of battles, specially against Portugal. The future is bright as the core of this team is still very young. Very exciting period for our football. Next step should be to qualify our U-23 team to Olympics after 40 years and winning Asian Cup with TM. Queiroz should stay for another 4 years, but we need to take it to the next step and play more offensive footbal.

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
بدون شک این تیم بهترین تیم تاریخ فوتبال ایران بود.هیچ تیمی را با صلابت تر و قویتر از این تیم ندیدم.

۱_من بارها و بارها ،و از زوایای مختلف از بدو پیدایش فوتبال ایران ،شاید پیش از صد بار فوتبال ایران را در جهات مختلف و در بازیهای مختلف مرور و مطالعه کردم،از تاریخ چه بازیکنان ملی‌ بگیر تا بازیهای باشگاهی و تاسیس یکا یک آنها اما هیچ تیمی را در هیچ دورانی از فوتبال ایران اینطور قوی و با صلابت ندیدم.

۲_این تنها تیمی در دوران پر افتخار تیم ملی‌ بود که در جام جهانی‌ و المپک فقط ۲ بار دروازه آاش باز شد.

۳_این تیم تنها تیمی در دوران پر افتخار فوتبال ایران بود که در یک مسابقه جهانی‌ شرکت کرد ولی‌ تفاضل ٔگل زده ش و خرده ش صفر بود و برای اولین بار در تاریخ فوتبال این تفاضل منفی‌ نشد و آنهم در صورتی‌ بود که با تیم قهرمان جهان،قهرمان اروپا،و قهرمان آفریقا هم گروه بود

۴_این تیم تنها تیمی در دوران فوتبال ایران بود که ۲۷۰ دقیقه مثل ماشین دوید ولی‌ انگار باز دقیقه یک بازی بود که نفس کم نیاورد.

۵-این تنها تیمی در دوران فوتبال ایران بود که از دقیقه یک بازی روی یک بازی علمی‌ و بر گرفته از دانش بسیار بالای سر مربیش حساب شده دفاع میکرد و حساب شده حمله میکرد.

۶_این تنها تیمی در تاریخ فوتبال ایران بود که برای اولین بار سرعت دوندگی بازیکنانش از مرز یازده ثانیه در صد متر کمتر اعلام شد.

۷_این اولین باری در تاریخ فوتبال ایران بود که برای بدام انداختن بزرگترین ستاره فوتبال جهان احتیاجی به دفاع من تو من نبود بلکه سیستم و استراتژی سر مربی‌ ایران عملا رنالدو را یک بیکاره در زمین کرده بود.

۸_این تنها تیمی در تاریخ فوتبال ایران بود که بازیکنانش از مرز صد کیلومتر دوندگی در طول بازی گذاشتند.

۹_این تنها تیمی در طول تاریخ فوتبال ایران بود که میزان دوندگی بازیکنانش در جام جهانی‌ از میزان دوندگی بازیکنان قهرمان اروپا یعنی‌ پرتقال بیشتر بود.

۱۰_این تنها تیمی در طول تاریخ فوتبال ایران بود که دروازبانش موجب مهار پنالتی بزرگترین بازیکن جهان شد.

۱۱_این تنها تیمی در تاریخ فوتبال ایران بود که به تیم قهرمان جهان یعنی‌ اسپانیا در تمامی ۹۰ دقیقه بازی با آن فقط اجازه ۳ شوت بله درست فهمیدید فقط ۳ شوت به دروازه ش داد.

۱۲_این تیم تنها تیمی در تاریخ فوتبال ایران بود که از نظر ٔگل خورده در گروهش در صدر جدول قرار گرفت و این در حالی‌ بود که با دو تا از وحشتناک‌ترین و خطرناک‌ترین تیم‌های حمله یی دنیا با فوق ستاره‌هایشان در گروهش قرار داشتند.یعنی‌ پرتقال و اسپانیا

۱۳_این تیم تنها تیمی در تاریخ فوتبال ایران بود که از ۳۳ بازیکن آماده یعنی‌ سه تیم در یک زمان بهره میبرد.

۱۴_این تیم تنها تیمی بود که در تاریخ فوتبال ایران بعد از جام جهانی‌ ۱۹۷۸ بدون باخت به جام جهانی‌ رسید.

۱۵-این تیم تنها تیمی در تاریخ فوتبال ایران بود که اینچنین مورد ستایش تمامی خبرنگاران،و متخصصان ورزشی جهان قرار میگرفت.

۱۶-این تیم تنها تیمی در تاریخ فوتبال ایران بود که هافبک‌هایش هم قدرت دفأع عالی‌ داشتند و هم قدرت حمله.

۱۷-و بالاخره این تیم تنها تیمی در تاریخ فوتبال ایران بود که ۴ امتیاز در یک مسابقه جهانی‌ کسب می‌کند،هیچ تیمی در تاریخ فوتبال ایران نتوانسته است به ۴ امتیاز بازی دست پیدا کند.

۱۸-و این تیم قویترین تیم تاریخ فوتبال ایران بوده است.

Oct 1, 2004

Very proud of this team. Performed admirably in the World Cup's toughest group.

It was the right tactic... Portugal scored via individual talent alone. A few lucky bounces here and there and the end result could have been a win for us.

Team - yes. Players individually - not even close.

Always approved him. I just trust his picks even more now. I was one of those who thought Jalal Hosseini not being there was crazy, but Majid Hosseini did amazing.

Much better than expected. A good Euro club should take him on.

[6] Final thoughts ?

The future is bright. We have alot of good young players coming through and the spine of our team can potentially be in that sweet spot of talented, young and experienced at the next World Cup. Asia Cup doesn't matter to me and I don't look forward to AFC shenanigans. We need alot of the younger players to get into good European clubs where they can experience a higher level every day.