Messi

Messi, C.Ronaldo, Xavi Finalists of FIFA Ballon d'Or award. Who should win the Award?

• Lionel Messi

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Cristiano Ronaldo

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Xavi

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
Aug 12, 2004
Leo Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo do some dramatic space training with Galaxy 11 squad in new video:

[video=youtube;YW1yZPflIXY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW1yZPflIXY​
[/video]

Mar 13, 2007
im not a crazy CR fan but i have said it for years that CR is overall a better and more valuable player than messi. He has always been a more complete and more versatile player and now stats also indicate this.

he has now won in 2 major european leagues and has won CL with two different teams scoring more goals along the way than messi. I dont think he is done yet while i think messi's best is past - unless you consider scoring 60 goals in lajoka is a major triumph again.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
IDM not a Ronaldo fan either but really you can debate it either way and I don't even see them as 1 and 2 I see them more as 1 and 1A. I too think Ronaldo is a bit more versatile and a complete player but you can make a case for LM.

Aug 26, 2005
They're different; Ronaldo is great at what he does but for me he'll just never be Messi because his impact outside of directly contributing to goals (I know, silly to even say this because that in itself is so important) is basically nil. He doesn't really help the build up play or contribute in other ways offensively. Messi is an all-round beast with the ball, even far away from the goal. He might not have as high of a work-rate as usual; but even this year (where people think he fell off somewhat) he's still been more or less on par with Ronaldo.

To be honest, at this moment, Suarez is a better player than Ronaldo and that's not because Ronaldo has gone off the boil but because Suarez has gone another level. He's one of the best play makers and scorers in the world as well as playing off the ball like his life depended on getting it back. He's the perfect package of skill and tenacity. And he almost never has a quiet game. It doesn't matter if he doesn't score, he'll still be involved in his fair share of the game.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
They're different; Ronaldo is great at what he does but for me he'll just never be Messi because his impact outside of directly contributing to goals (I know, silly to even say this because that in itself is so important) is basically nil. He doesn't really help the build up play or contribute in other ways offensively. Messi is an all-round beast with the ball, even far away from the goal. He might not have as high of a work-rate as usual; but even this year (where people think he fell off somewhat) he's still been more or less on par with Ronaldo.

To be honest, at this moment, Suarez is a better player than Ronaldo and that's not because Ronaldo has gone off the boil but because Suarez has gone another level. He's one of the best play makers and scorers in the world as well as playing off the ball like his life depended on getting it back. He's the perfect package of skill and tenacity. And he almost never has a quiet game. It doesn't matter if he doesn't score, he'll still be involved in his fair share of the game.
You have a point there Suarez is playing at an insane level and he is doing it in the EPL. I don't like him but he resurrected Liverpool back from the dead now they are a major player again and there is a reason why Arsenal was gunning for him as well. I will give you that argument about Messi and Ronaldo it seems like Messi will get his teammates more involved where as Ronaldo wants to do it by himself like a lone wolf. Ronaldo, Suarez and Messi are all great.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
I see games here and there that Ronaldo have a quiet game but Suarez has not been for a while!!! When Gattuso took Ronaldo completely out of the game only by messing with his mentality, I knew what type of the player he will be; not Messi's type!
Outstanding footballer but never reach that ultimate stage of my list because of his weak mentality.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
IDM, do you know that "Fifa best player of the year award" has only been given to an EPL player once in it's entire history? Why do you think that is? ;)
La Joka players have received it the most! and even the second and third place players in La Joka have been dominating EPL players in receiving that award! ;)

Feb 22, 2005
Damn, this InDaMoney kid cant get a break. He is dead wrong on everything about Football A 4 years old knows more than
inDaMoney.

IDM, do you know that "Fifa best player of the year award" has only been given to an EPL player once in it's entire history? Why do you think that is? ;)
La Joka players have received it the most! and even the second and third place players in La Joka have been dominating EPL players in receiving that award! ;)

Mar 13, 2007
first of all, it is much easier to stand out in a weak league like laliga playing for one of the big two. Only in laliga can a player consistently score 40-50 goals a season unopposed! thats almost impossible in EPL. Hitting the 30 goal mark is rare in EPL and the 40 goal mark almost impossible while its done in laliga almost every year.
CR scored 75 goals in his last 4 years at united, over the same number of games in laliga he scores 152! he had twice the scoring rate.
Who do you think FIFA and UEFA are gonna select? drogba, rooney or gerrard who only hit 20 goals in EPL even when they are brilliant or CR, Messi and Forlan who hit 40 goals in laliga with ease?!

second, only someone completely clueless would take politically motivated votes of FIFA and UEFA as benchmarks of greatness! 2 years ago chelsea won the champions league against bayern and not a single player from Chelsea or Bayern made UEFA team of the year! lol, instead every player on that list were from laliga in cluding falcao who didnt even play in CL!!!!

Now if you are that stupid to believe UEFA was justified in selecting a team of the year that would not have a single player from the champions of the finalists including the likes of cole, drogba, terry, lahm, schweini,...and instead losers like alvez, marcelo, falcao,...then i dont expect anymore from you

FIFA and UEFA have consistently and at times even in the open admitted that the brand of soccer they want to promote is that of Real and particualrly barcelona. This in addition ot the fact that EPL makes more money than the next 3 leagues combined and that it is more independent of these bucratic organizations makes FIFA and UEFA arch enemies of EPL which is something many have known for years.

So i wouldnt go around jumping up and down celebrating the nominations of laliga players. Last time i checked the main reasons for Real's success this year were former EPL players including Bale, CR, Modric and Alonso

Last edited:

ehsan

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
His last two CL finals show this guy is no where near the all time greatest. he may be the best amoung what is avaiable now (which sucks)
But a legend does what Zidane did in CL 2002, not freaking disappear in the last 2 cl final matches (his last performance was very very embarrassing), where w/ man u he missed a pk.

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
WE as Iranian don't have much to celebrate when it comes to our country, mainly due to having a fucked up government in charge in the past 36 years. Football is pretty much the only thing that brings real joy to the old nation every few years. As ESPN comentator said he broke the heart of 80 millions Iranians all around the world. Akhe madarsag nemitonesti 10 daghigheh zoodtar goal mizadi, ya aslan nemizadi. Now after the fact I'm glad, what Iranian did on his facebook 6 month ago. Har chi fohsh khordi noosheh janet.

I think we should have a "Cuss out Messi thread" so all members can empty their hearts with out getting banned.

Messi Reedam to ghabreh nannat keh toyeh haroom zadeh roo zaeeed.

Akheysssssssshhhhhhhh it felt little bit better

To the serious members who take eveything dead serious, this is supposed to be a funny/sarcastic/anger relieving thread. Either like it and comment, or dont like it and move on to the next thread; Don't start giving politically correct responses to try to act intelligent.