Messi

Messi, C.Ronaldo, Xavi Finalists of FIFA Ballon d'Or award. Who should win the Award?

• Lionel Messi

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Cristiano Ronaldo

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Xavi

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
Feb 4, 2005
Back to groin injury, I had the problem about three months ago and my doctor advised at least 4 weeks of no football. It was too hard to find a new doctor!

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Groin injury can take weeks to years literally to be healed. It's one of those things that just needs time and certain types of stretches and massage therapy to get better little by little. So it all depends how the recovery will take place and how badly it was actually pulled. With his level of play the other teams will now have a chance to bag some points!

If three weeks then they won't have a real complicated fixture which really require Messi's presence . as for La Liga and CL Coincidentally They will have three away matches and then the International friendlies and qualifications

Gijon away 09/24
Borussia Moenchengladbach away 09/28
Celta Vigo away 10/2

So far Barca have picked only 4 points out of 9 at the Camp Nou this season .

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
It is not that bad.
3 weeks he is out.
Gladbach has a chance now
Oh well if it is only three weeks, then Barcelona has enough talent to weather the storm. Guys like Neymar and Luis Suares need to step it up. Also, there are some people out there saying that Suarez is better than Messi overall. Well, I do not know about THAT but Suarez and Neymar are both top 5 players, we can agree on that, maybe even top 3. If it is just three weeks Messi will be back and Barcelona will be fine. With that being said, I am STILL happy that Bayern Munchen did not sign Messi. He costs too much money and that would have handicapped Bayern, in the long run. We would have had to spend something like 200,000,000 for Messi. We would not have been able to sign Sanches for a 30,000,000 transfer fee to Benfica and we would not have been able to sign Mats Hummels. I would rather have those two personally, after all one of the best defenders who is still not old and one of the youngest strikers and best prospects(is better than a guy who is almost 30(29 yo right now).Hummels is 27 and Sanches is 19. Smart move by Bayern locking the kid up BEFORE the UEFA tournament. If Bayern Munchen would have waited until after the UEFA tourney, they would not have been able to afford him, I can promise you that much. We got not one but two gifts from the football gods!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Oh man .. this again? wasnt he injured for 10 games last year, our own Fariborz said they are done, and all that, they ended up winning the league ... when are we going to learn, they aint about ONE player ...
That is true and I pointed that out that Barcelna has 3 top five players. It is not just Messi plus 10. Neymar and Suarez are top 5 if not top 3. When Bayern Munchen plays against Barcelona, I get worried. Last year we won but it was not easy, the year before THEY did. real is also good with Ronaldo but that team is tailor made for BM. When they go against Barcelona it needs to be an all hands on deck evolution. They need to play LOCK DOWN D and you cannot allow their midfielders to pass it to their strikers. Barcelona is a three headed monster so even without Messi they are still a two headed monster.

Leo Messi Foundation accused on tax
By Football Espana staff

Children's charity foundation The Leo Messi Foundation has been accused of hiding ‘tens of millions of Euros’ in tax by a report in a Spanish newspaper.

ABC claim the charity has ‘created a framework to hide millions of euros of income generated from sponsors that has not been declared’ which means that it’s spend on intended children’s social projects cannot be verified.

The report accuses the foundation of ‘masking a large part of its income’ and claims over €10m has not been declared to the Spanish and Argentine governments.

It is reported that income from Non-govermental Organisations (NGO’s) registered in both Barcelona and Rosario – Messi’s home city in Argentina – was not declared.

This follows Messi’s suspended 21-month prison sentence following a trial for tax evasion relating to his income in Spain.

He's the best there ever has been, but fuck man, no one should get paid that much money for anything!
Messi is without a doubt priceless but he is getting almost %50 of the club's squad budget. Barca couldn't even pay his bonus in a lump sum and spread it over 48 months. The most problem about Messi is that barca get 0% for his image right which is the most stupid thing ever .. we paid 35 for Beckham and we got 125 out of him in 4 years. Of course not the same players but you pay big to get big .

Let's see what they do for the rest of the window .

Feb 22, 2005
He is the best player of all time but did not progress much after Guardiola left. Would have loved to see him at Man city trained by Guardiola for the last couple of years of his Career.

He has become to bored and lazy playing for the same team all his life.

Now wait, CR is going to cry and want the same money. What he should know is, you can not get paid as much your father, EVER ...
CR is making more than messi currently and even with the new contract. Stick to your tennis which you enjoy the most. Hopefully your tennis knowledge is better than your football..lool

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Last edited: