Messi

Messi, C.Ronaldo, Xavi Finalists of FIFA Ballon d'Or award. Who should win the Award?

• Lionel Messi

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Cristiano Ronaldo

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Xavi

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Yes, Aguero is his best friend, and Pep is still the coach. It's highly unlikely that Messi goes anywhere other than Man City.
I agree, the only thing is, do you think City keeps Pep? They really wanted to win CL and with all that money Pep spent in both Bayern and City has has failed to win the CL outside Barca's golden team ... makes you wonder when City is going to cut him?

I agree, the only thing is, do you think City keeps Pep? They really wanted to win CL and with all that money Pep spent in both Bayern and City has has failed to win the CL outside Barca's golden team ... makes you wonder when City is going to cut him?
drop Pep and replace him with who? If they could, they would do it in a heartbeat. There just isn't anyone available who seems a logical choice for a club that wants immediate results. I'm sure they're pretty pissed with Pep, but replacing him will only prolong their wait for a CL title by at least another couple of years. They're better off bringing Messi in and telling Pep this is his last chance.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well according to NBC sports and the other sites I went to, Messi is still staying put.
I think that is a natural reaction, after being apart 8-2 Deutscher Rapen by Bayern.
I think he is going to stay, they cleaned house and got a good coach in · Ronald Koeman
They let the main dude who built the team, the architect go.
Time will tell but I am in Vegas if I have to bet, Messi stays at Barce.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Well according to NBC sports and the other sites I went to, Messi is still staying put.
I think that is a natural reaction, after being apart 8-2 Deutscher Rapen by Bayern.
I think he is going to stay, they cleaned house and got a good coach in · Ronald Koeman
They let the main dude who built the team, the architect go.
Time will tell but I am in Vegas if I have to bet, Messi stays at Barce.
He wants to win champions league and in his mind Barca is not the team

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Messi has a great relationship with Pep, so common sense would suggest that if Man City wants Messi, they would not replace Pep at this time.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Pooya I have said before Pep is a $2 coach with $200,000,000 talent so I don't know WHY they would want to keep him.
He had four years and couldn't do $hit, not even one SF apparence. Hansi Flick, having to clean up Kovac's mess,
won a Uefa UCL, in 1 year. I don't know City's budget but I am sure it is more than 118,000,000
@Iran-Esteghlal-Inter That is why I COULD see Messi leaving Barce and if he leaves, City would be a good fit.
We know one thing 1- Messi is NOT going to win a UEFA UCL trophy if he decides to remain at Barce.
Barce had their moment that they were on top, I expect them to go through, what Real Madrid is going through soon.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
[
Barce had their moment that they were on top, I expect them to go through, what Real Madrid is going through soon.
Real Madrid has arguably the deepest roster of any team in the world right now. Not sure what crisis you're referring to here with Real, unless you mean that Barca will soon be champions again similar to how Real are the current spain champions.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Real Madrid has arguably the deepest roster of any team in the world right now. Not sure what crisis you're referring to here with Real, unless you mean that Barca will soon be champions again similar to how Real are the current spain champions.
The cricis I am referring to is not much of a crisis because they are Real Madrid. However, coming off back to back Uefa UCL wins, they are a long way from being that.
They went from beating teams like Bayern Munich, in a hard fought game to losing to well CSKA 3-0 3-0 really stuck out.
They are just finding themeslves, post Ronaldo era, they are still good don't get me wrong and they will get back to where they were but
they did lose some of that luster and pristege, just saying. They don't strke the same FEAR as a few years ago. Before it would be like, "Uh oh Bayern is playing Real Madrid." Now itls like, "OH we got a good draw, Real Madrid." The narrative and perception has changed and perception is reality. They will be back, good teams like Madrid and Bayern won't be down forever because the talent is so rich.
Hey they STILL won the La Liga so not bad considering this is a bit of a down period for them, they are just not Champion's League champions material, not yet.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Where is RealMadrid these days. Haven't seen him around for a long time. Also where is Ebo?

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Finally Good question speaking of Real Madrid where is he? Did he get drunk drinking some san gria at the latest El Classico game?
Well in any case also ya Real Madrid has a deep roster but @Khabalood I can make a case that Bayern has a deeper bench.
When guys like Davies and Coutihno are coming off the bench and Couti puts 2 in the back of the net, that speaks volumes for you.
I think Bayern's bench team could beat 90% OF THE English, French, German and Italian teams.

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
and I want to make my case for Robert Lewandowski for Fifa Ballon de or winner. He is not an option on the list
but stack his goals and assists to Messi, Ronaldo and Xavi. Keep in mind Messi, Ronaldo, and Xavi, all have one thing in common.
They watched Lewandoski win a UEFA UCL. 61 goals- Bundesliga- Champion's league, DFB Pokal and European Qualifiers,
Probably has another over 30 assists, if you count them all. His stats are > Messi, Ronaldo and Xavi. Why isn't he an option?Submitted
for your approval on the poll
D- Robert Lewandowski.
Last I heard, Xavi was coaching in gutter

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
and I want to make my case for Robert Lewandowski for Fifa Ballon de or winner. He is not an option on the list
but stack his goals and assists to Messi, Ronaldo and Xavi. Keep in mind Messi, Ronaldo, and Xavi, all have one thing in common.
They watched Lewandoski win a UEFA UCL. 61 goals- Bundesliga- Champion's league, DFB Pokal and European Qualifiers,
Probably has another over 30 assists, if you count them all. His stats are > Messi, Ronaldo and Xavi. Why isn't he an option?Submitted
for your approval on the poll
D- Robert Lewandowski.
Just WOW ... Dude like I try REALLY hard to ignore your posts, but man come on, this thread is like 15 years old dude, the poll was made at the time, lets say you didnt know that, I am SURE you know Xavi has LONG retired, so why the FUCK would he be nominated for Ballon dor?
Come on bro, I mean COME ON!!!

PS) Please do not send me 5 page Direct Message where you fail to press enter once!!! I just don't read them and delete them right away.
Cheers,

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Just WOW ... Dude like I try REALLY hard to ignore your posts, but man come on, this thread is like 15 years old dude, the poll was made at the time, lets say you didnt know that, I am SURE you know Xavi has LONG retired, so why the FUCK would he be nominated for Ballon dor?
Come on bro, I mean COME ON!!!

PS) Please do not send me 5 page Direct Message where you fail to press enter once!!! I just don't read them and delete them right away.
Cheers,
LOL, one of the funniest responses I've seen here in a while.

For the record, I disagree with teammellis' opinion. By any metric real has a stacked roster right now. I doubt any team would be happy to get drawn with them, even if their performance suggests that they are not currently blowing away other teams.

Also anyone else think Bayerns' physical coaches are slipping their players some of Hulk Hogan's special vitamins. A few of their players easily put on 10-20 pounds of muscle. Goretzka being the best example. Guys are yoked.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Ok @Pooya my bad ok ya forget about Xavi and this is an old post So how do i then not get the posts deleted? Anyways if I have a post or two would that be ok? So anyways the more I think about it, Messi can go to City, that is a possibility but as I was discussing with my friends is it worth it?