Messi

Messi, C.Ronaldo, Xavi Finalists of FIFA Ballon d'Or award. Who should win the Award?

• Lionel Messi

Votes: 13 48.1%
  • Cristiano Ronaldo

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Xavi

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Also anyone else think Bayerns' physical coaches are slipping their players some of Hulk Hogan's special vitamins. A few of their players easily put on 10-20 pounds of muscle. Goretzka being the best example. Guys are yoked.
Highly doubtful. Bayern has a really tough training regiment and one can easily tack on 10-20 lbs of muscle through training.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I just read an article the la Liga is siding with Barce. Any club that wants to pay for Messi,s service, just pay 700,000,000 euros for a contract release. Then you have to pay for Messi’s contract. When it is all said and done, that is close to 1B, for an aging 33 year old player? #MessiIsNotWoethIt

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Messi is now acting like little child!!! man up, end your contract then move on. Unless someone comes and pays the 700m release clause. In Argentina hamashon yek karvasan..

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I don’t know if Messi is acting like a child @Payandeh Iran . I think la Liga are, forcing clubs to pay 700,000,000 for a release clause. Messi realizes he’s is 33 and wants to win a CL, and in his mind, Barce is not the team. La Liga upholding the transfer clause and siding with. Barce, complicates any transfer. You have to pay 700,000,000plus Messi’s contract. Basically, Messi wants out and Barce is holding him hostage, with the help of the powers to be at la Liga.
Can you blame Messi , for wanting to leave, after that 8-2 Deurscher Rapen they got by Bayern?

Last edited:

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Messi is now acting like little child!!! man up, end your contract then move on. Unless someone comes and pays the 700m release clause. In Argentina hamashon yek karvasan..
yeah, I personally dont like that about him. He did the same with Argentina, quit, came back quit came back, ye zare bache baziye, however, takes NOTHING away from the guy football skills.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Pooya @houmanbahal I think some of us are being a bit too rough on Messi. Keep in mind Argentina had a mess of problems.
Their women's world cup team qualified but they couldn't pay them and many Argentinian players, were not being paid, on the men's team.
Argentina used to play defense, Messi can't do it all and win a world cup for Argentina. As for Barce, we saw what happened 8-2.
i can see why some people think he acts like a child but Messi is 33 years old, he probably has at best 1 last shot at the world cup,
and a few more years of his prime left, before we see a serious drop in his skills.
Messi got frustrated with the politics of the AFF and well Barce
is not helping him and setting him up for success. However, I can see why Messi's antics are irrking you guys, it is not a good look.
It is revealing of his character, he seems to be one of those guys that when the going get's tough, Messi gets going.
I found a good article which sums it up Messi is only human and lacks the support at Barce.
https://www.goal.com/en/news/messi-...rcelona-dani-alves/1qdqbpdf19ru81qccheivgth28
Pretty much sums it up, you can't build a team on one or two star guys anymore, that is why Bayern won, they have a complete team.

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Playboy One minor problem with your theory
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/12537473/lionel-messi-laliga-side-barcelona/
No Arenian domestic club will be able to afford the 700,000,000 that Barce is asking for Messi's release of contract.
I can see him having one more go with Argentina at the world cup, I could have seen him going to Man City prior to La Liga's ruling
most likely, this means he is staying at Barce, unless a rich club like PSG is willing to pony up the dough. I don't think PSG will pay 700,00,000
for a 33 year old plus his contract.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Messi owes it to the fans of at least Argentina to give it, the old college try, one more time @Playboy
I just don't see Messi retiring and finishing out his career in the Argentine league and any tema
that wants Messi's services, will have to pay a pretty penny for the contract release 700,000,000 EUROS.
I think La Liga and Barce are trying to do everything they can in their power to retain their star and I get it,
if Messi leaves, then La Liga and Barce lose out on millions in Messi #10 jersey sales.
I do think it is not a good look that he whines and complains, when it doesn't go his way so I agree with
@Pooya and @houmanbahal on that, it is not very professional and a good look but i can see his frustration as well.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
yeah, I personally dont like that about him. He did the same with Argentina, quit, came back quit came back, ye zare bache baziye, however, takes NOTHING away from the guy football skills.
yeah he still will be the top 3 greatest player ever played the game regardless. It no particular order. No one can pay the 700M, unless there is some crazy player swap going on in between teams.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Clubs do not need to pay Barca 700 million. If Messi takes Barcelona to court, he would win. His release clause states that he can terminate his contract at the end of each season. It's unreasonable to believe that just because the season was extended Barcelona would be permitted to not perform their contractual obligations. If Messi chooses not to show up in Barcelona there is little Barcelona can do about it. Unless Barca wants to lose Messi on a free they should sell him now. That's the only situation where Barcelona get anything in return for losing Messi.

Oct 18, 2010
messi has made enough money for himself and barca.

if i were advising him i would tell him to stop being a money
making machine for big clubs and just go back to argentina
and play for a domestic club.

that will also help argentina in their next and his last world cup.
this is his last chance to win something for argentina.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@Khabalood That though is what the big dispute is right now and debate. For now La Liga is siding with Barce,
the clubs would have to pay 700,000,000 and Barce is using the lame excuse of the season being extended.
There must be some smart attorney out there who could argue, special circumstances, due to COVID ID 19,
the season got extended so the contract release should be null and void.
This could be a very lengthy and very expensive process, with the courts, legal system.
I am agreeing with you and Playboy, I think he SHOULD be able to leave if he wants to, COVID 19 nullifies any previous agreement.
Also it is not a good look on Barce, considering Messi shaved off his salary by something like what 75% so they
could retain some of their staff.
I mean to me this is falls under special circumstances and or "Act of God," therefore the season was extended argument
becomes null and void. Do we have any attorneys in the house who can shed some light on it?

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
@Khabalood That though is what the big dispute is right now and debate. For now La Liga is siding with Barce,
the clubs would have to pay 700,000,000 and Barce is using the lame excuse of the season being extended.
There must be some smart attorney out there who could argue, special circumstances, due to COVID ID 19,
the season got extended so the contract release should be null and void.
This could be a very lengthy and very expensive process, with the courts, legal system.
I am agreeing with you and Playboy, I think he SHOULD be able to leave if he wants to, COVID 19 nullifies any previous agreement.
Also it is not a good look on Barce, considering Messi shaved off his salary by something like what 75% so they
could retain some of their staff.
I mean to me this is falls under special circumstances and or "Act of God," therefore the season was extended argument
becomes null and void. Do we have any attorneys in the house who can shed some light on it?
Barca and LaLiga will lose this battle 100%. The spirit of the contract is that both parties agreed that Messi has the right to terminate at the end of each season. He most likely also has the right to terminate the contract if Barca doesn't uphold their part of the deal, which includes allowing him the right to terminate his contract at the end of the season. Barcelona fired their lawyer for doing his duty and accurately informing Messi that he has the right to terminate his contract. That should be sufficient proof for everyone involved.

Laligas opinion cannot supersede the ruling of a court of law or international court of sports which is where this may end up. Only a kangaroo court would turn around and say it's acceptable for Barca to not uphold their part of the deal due to covid. It's a clear case of non-performance of duty on the part of Barca in my opinion.

Covid does not fall under an Act of God, because it is not a natural phenomenon, but a man made biological weapon created jointly by the Chinese and Americans. Furthermore, Barcelona cannot use the plandemic as an excuse because they are making no attempt to uphold the spirit of the contract. In other words they are not performing their duty despite the fact that 1) Messi clearly has a right to terminate and 2) there is an offseason period between the end of the 19-20 season in August, and the start of the new 20-21 season in Sept where Messi should be permitted to execute his right of termination.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Lionel Messi has agreed financial terms worth €700million over the course of five years with City Football Group.

- €140m-per-year
- €11.6m-per-month
- €2.69m-per-week
- €384,615-per-day
- €16,025-per-hour

**** NOT yet confirmed by any reputable site****
Not worth it. This is completely stupid.