MLB - Major League Baseball

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
So the MLB season is underway, who are you guys rooting for? Who do you think will win?

I have high hopes for the Blue Jays but they haven't started well early on. The city is desperate for a good ream.

I think the Nationals (aka Montreal Expos :() with their stud, Bryce Harper can do a lot of damage. Atlanta has so many good prospects as well and they are off to a blistering start. Yankees look to be much weaker this year.

Last edited:

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
I love baseball. I also play fantasy baseball on regular basis and without trying to sound arrogant, i can say i know every single player and even those in the minors to a certain degree. I like the St.Louis Cardinals but i have a soft spot for a few other teams such as the Orioles, Reds and Dodgers aswell.

Oct 1, 2004
Jays usually start of well and then play like garbage in July and August.
They're striking out alot and can't hit with RISP but they have talent this year and the potential is still high.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
As of who will win, well, i hope the Cardinals but they wont. From what i have seen in spring training and based on players material i would say the Nationals, Reds, Angels, Braves, Tigers, Jays...they all have a chance. From that bunch, i support the Reds though.

Regarding the Jays, i would not give up on them just yet. There are many games to be played and they will come on, i am sure. They simply have a lot of good players on their roster who would warm up as the season proceeds. They will be good this year.

Oct 18, 2010
So the MLB season is underway, who are you guys rooting for? Who do you think will win?I have high hopes for the Blue Jays but they haven't started well early on. The city is desperate for a good ream.I think the Nationals (aka Montreal Expos :() with their stud, Bryce Harper can do a lot of damage. Atlanta has so many good prospects as well and they are off to a blistering start. Yankees look to be much weaker this year.
this will be la blue year.the new management has put in enough money to make a champion out of the dodgers.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
As of who will win, well, i hope the Cardinals but they wont. From what i have seen in spring training and based on players material i would say the Nationals, Reds, Angels, Braves, Tigers, Jays...they all have a chance. From that bunch, i support the Reds though.

Regarding the Jays, i would not give up on them just yet. There are many games to be played and they will come on, i am sure. They simply have a lot of good players on their roster who would warm up as the season proceeds. They will be good this year.
Cardinals fan? They always produce good teams, loved Mark Mcgwire from Oakland days. How long they've been your favourite team?

Well, it really is contingent on Dickey getting his Cy Young knuckleball game on. They gave a potentially great player in Travis d'Arnaud. They are in win now mode. I like Gibbons but would have LOVED Terry Francona. But it's Toronto, the city has teams that choke.

My sweet spot goes to Oakland and Seattle. Loved Ricky Henderson and Ken Griffey, so that's why. But yeah, Blue Jays have to win or this will be disappointing.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Cardinals fan? They always produce good teams, loved Mark Mcgwire from Oakland days. How long they've been your favourite team?

Well, it really is contingent on Dickey getting his Cy Young knuckleball game on. They gave a potentially great player in Travis d'Arnaud. They are in win now mode. I like Gibbons but would have LOVED Terry Francona. But it's Toronto, the city has teams that choke.

My sweet spot goes to Oakland and Seattle. Loved Ricky Henderson and Ken Griffey, so that's why. But yeah, Blue Jays have to win or this will be disappointing.
Well i love baseball in general but i have to admit the first team i started to root for were the Reds and the Orioles in the 80s. I didnt know much about Baseball but i liked Cal Ripken of the Orioles or Barry Larkin, Dave Parker, Nick Esasky of the Reds. However as soon as i started to get into Baseball deeply, i started to understand the game better and most importantly i started to recognize the organizations that were run well and were known for knowing talent and the Cardinals and Braves caught my eyes. The Braves were and i believe still are the team who knows pitching talent best. The Cardinals though to me are the total package. This is in my opinion the best run organization by most level headed people in the league. Tony La russa was a great manager and now Mike Matheny is of the same stock. This is really odd but i grew a fan of the Cardinals out of my respect for the organization and not because of a certain player or a certain team. Its more like i trust whatever team they field because i know they are trustworthy people working in this organization. Two of my favourite young Pitchers Shelby Miller and Trevor Rosenthal are getting a tremendous education and promotion step by step. Miller has now won the fifth and last spot in the Cardinals rotation and Rosenthal is in my opinion the best and most talentet arm in their bullpen waiting for some mistakes of Mitchel Boggs to take over as a closer.

Oct 1, 2004
Well i love baseball in general but i have to admit the first team i started to root for were the Reds and the Orioles in the 80s. I didnt know much about Baseball but i liked Cal Ripken of the Orioles or Barry Larkin, Dave Parker, Nick Esasky of the Reds. However as soon as i started to get into Baseball deeply, i started to understand the game better and most importantly i started to recognize the organizations that were run well and were known for knowing talent and the Cardinals and Braves caught my eyes. The Braves were and i believe still are the team who knows pitching talent best. The Cardinals though to me are the total package. This is in my opinion the best run organization by most level headed people in the league. Tony La russa was a great manager and now Mike Matheny is of the same stock. This is really odd but i grew a fan of the Cardinals out of my respect for the organization and not because of a certain player or a certain team. Its more like i trust whatever team they field because i know they are trustworthy people working in this organization. Two of my favourite young Pitchers Shelby Miller and Trevor Rosenthal are getting a tremendous education and promotion step by step. Miller has now won the fifth and last spot in the Cardinals rotation and Rosenthal is in my opinion the best and most talentet arm in their bullpen waiting for some mistakes of Mitchel Boggs to take over as a closer.
That pitching lineup the Braves had through most of the 90s was insane. Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz... all absolutely solid and underrated. It is shocking they did not win more World Series'.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Oh yeah, specially Maddux and Glavine were like surgeons. They could locate their pitches precisely there where they wanted to have it. They were true pitchers. Not every one who can throw a baseball is a pitcher.

Aug 21, 2005
next door
I am a October fan, LOOL, there is just too many games to be played, long ass season. do not have the patients to watch it til the end. I will check back in October LOOL. But my favoret team is the St.Louis cardinals as well. Great organization and they always seem to have a competitive team.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Well the season is soon to be kicked off. Where are those MLB Fans? Go Cards :)

Does anybody play fantasy baseball. I do. As always.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
I love closers. They have to be mentally tough to close games and they are people who throw gas often around 95-97 mph. I love this kid Trevor Rosenthal. A young guy who will be given the job as closer for the 2014 season. Here a highlight clip from the playoffs of last year against boston as he strikes out the side to close the game.

[video=youtube;L-pqc3mIvPQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-pqc3mIvPQ[/video]

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
And this is my second favourie guy Cody Allen of the Cleveland Indians. This kid is not the closer yet so he works as a setup man for John Axford but i firmly believe Axford will be out of the closing job 2 months into the season and Allen will take over. He is highly talented and can strike out people on a hight rate.

[video=youtube;Q_nq1p8gR08]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_nq1p8gR08[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
As a Cardinals fan i can barely wish for the Dodgers to the world series as they are in the NL aswell. My favourite world series would be either Cardinals vs. Indians or Cardinals vs. Orioles.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
That LA Dodgers Blue ist great for wearing stuff. Unfortunately i cant wear that deep Cardinals red in my age :)
However i have a few real nice Cardinals T-Shirts that i proudly wear in gym or when i go jogging.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 1, 2004
I support the Jays. They will have a sub-par to mediocre season as usual. I will be surprised if they get anywhere near the wild card spot.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
One of the most tragic stories is the development of Brandon Morrow... tons of talent but cant stay healthy the poor guy. He had such a great ability to miss bats...

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
That LA Dodgers Blue ist great for wearing stuff. Unfortunately i cant wear that deep Cardinals red in my age :)
However i have a few real nice Cardinals T-Shirts that i proudly wear in gym or when i go jogging.
Got Puig on my fantasy baseball team.......he better have a year...