mohsen yeganeh concert los angeles

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I never enjoyed these so called pop music singers coming Iran, i rather to pay double(if i want watch any Persian pop music concert live) for any losangelesi singer than the ones coming from Iran. For number of years some of LA singers kept the persian pop music alive, even suffered and some didn't even have money to pay their rents, hala inaei ke az Iran mian na chak zadan na choune arous omad to khoune. Ye single track dadan biroun kareshon gereft. That is without mentioning the shitty character of most of them.
I have to disagree with you there. I don't know about Mohsen Yeganeh in particular but in general the pop music coming out of Iran has so much more quality than the sorry irritating sound they call music in LA! The Iran based singers have so much more quality as well, not to talk about their voices which are not comparable to LA singers'.

Now I don't mean LA singers suck per default. There are some good ones there as well but I'm talking in general.

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
I have to disagree with you there. I don't know about Mohsen Yeganeh in particular but in general the pop music coming out of Iran has so much more quality than the sorry irritating sound they call music in LA! The Iran based singers have so much more quality as well, not to talk about their voices which are not comparable to LA singers'.

Now I don't mean LA singers suck per default. There are some good ones there as well but I'm talking in general.
Take a band like Chaartaar. They are fantastic. No one outside Iran has ever done nything close to what these guys have accomplished music wise. Total class.

Nov 24, 2002

Pop music, and overall any kind of music coming from either Iran or LA suck badly in last 10 years specially. But singers in LA kept our music alive for many many years, and most of great pop music songs have been done in LA in last 30-40 years, specially between 80 to mid 2000.

Now of course when there are plenty of singers in Iran, in mass-production you will have few good songs also, but overall the music production in Iran is in terrible shape.

There are lots of decent instrument players but it stops there. Not many great songs, and creative composers and singers.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Pop music, and overall any kind of music coming from either Iran or LA suck badly in last 10 years specially. But singers in LA kept our music alive for many many years, and most of great pop music songs have been done in LA in last 30-40 years, specially between 80 to mid 2000.

Now of course when there are plenty of singers in Iran, in mass-production you will have few good songs also, but overall the music production in Iran is in terrible shape.

There are lots of decent instrument players but it stops there. Not many great songs, and creative composers and singers.
Well, the singers who sang during the time music was banned in Iran (I wouldn't call them the saviors of our music as music was banned in Iran for only about 10-18 years) and were worth listening to, were mostly our big stars of the pre-revolution era who'd moved to LA. but that's just natural. As you say when you have a huge population with lots of singers, the top ones come up and get widely known, thus you get more quality. As was the case with the pre-revolution top singers and it is with the current top singers inside Iran. But the new-comers in LA, from the 80's until now, as they say, har ki ba nanash ghahr karde oomade khanandeh shode. :)

But of course the tastes are different.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Some of these new age musicians are very talented, some are average and some are terrible, just like in any other country.
Artists are free to express their opinions like other segment of the population and as long as they don't promote violence/aggression, I see nothing wrong in it.
I personally love the music of Hamed Homayoun and think he is extremely talented. My wife loves Yeganeh and Chavoshi. On the other hand, neither of us are fans of anything produced in LA lately. The pop scene in LA hasn't evolved a bit, keep making those tired 6x8 rhythms from the 80's. Just my 2 cents.
Doorood be shoma Tajrish jan you clearly know what you’re talking about.
IMHO there’s more talent in yeganeh’s
little finger than all L.A. singers combined.
Most talented singer outside Iran atm is shadmehr
and he moved Out of Iran 6 yrs ago.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
pretty sure it was more than 10 years. ago.
but your point is still understood.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Here’re a few quality singers in Iran off the top of my head:
Sirvan Khosravi, Mohsen Chavoshi, Morteza Pashaei (RIP), Mohsen yeganeh, Behnam Safavi,
Farhad Farzin, Horoosh Band, Chartaar band, Amin Rostami
Pouya Bayati, Ehsan Khajeh Amiri, Sina Sarlak, Mehdi Jahani(I think he’s based in Iran)

Sirvan Khosravi’s two new song ‘kheili rooza gozasht’ & ’bargard’
Modern Persian music at its best no
LA singer can produce this. LoL at Shapareh brothers

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FFQRbeFnxfI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iat58noUSqI

Last edited:

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Dude. The singers in LA are mostly 60+ and the ones in Iran are younger than 30. Your comparison makes zero sense. Artists are the most creative at 30 years age & under.

Nov 24, 2002
Well, the singers who sang during the time music was banned in Iran (I wouldn't call them the saviors of our music as music was banned in Iran for only about 10-18 years) and were worth listening to, were mostly our big stars of the pre-revolution era who'd moved to LA. but that's just natural. As you say when you have a huge population with lots of singers, the top ones come up and get widely known, thus you get more quality. As was the case with the pre-revolution top singers and it is with the current top singers inside Iran. But the new-comers in LA, from the 80's until now, as they say, har ki ba nanash ghahr karde oomade khanandeh shode. :)

But of course the tastes are different.
As i said, i don't see any progress in Iranian music overall, either outside or inside, and there is no coincidence that the pop music songs of like Ebi, Dariush, Sattar, Googoosh, Haydeh, etc before revolution and up to mid 2000 is still being played everywhere you go.

Music is matter of taste as you said, personally i am not really enjoying the pop music coming out of Iran, despite lots of resources they have access to.

As i said before, last year i had to go to a Shahdmehr concert(who actually used to be Ok when he was in Iran) and it was total disaster, waste of time and money, no instrument was connected, aval ta akharesh lab khooni bod, he got totally drunk and it got to the point that an old man sitting next to us said, baba in ke dare lab mikhone.

The same night some people who attended his concert attacked his Instagram page, ke felan felan shode ma pol nadidm cassette baraye ma play koni, and he had to close the comment section of his Instagram.

Nov 24, 2002
To understand where our music stand in world stage you only have to look at how many international musicians we have and compare it with other nations. Kalhor is one of very very few who gave some credibility to out instrumental music around the world and it kind of stops there which is quite sad. Others either in pop or traditional despite some nice work only limited themselves inside Iran and local audiences.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
To understand where our music stand in world stage you only have to look at how many international musicians we have and compare it with other nations. Kalhor is one of very very few who gave some credibility to out instrumental music around the world and it kind of stops there which is quite sad. Others either in pop or traditional despite some nice work only limited themselves inside Iran and local audiences.
The singer based in Sweden called Arash
He’s internationally recognised some of his
Videos got +60 million views. His latest song
With snoop dog got 100million views on YouTube he
has also performed with other stars such as
Sean Paul.

Mohsen yeganeh’s “behet ghol midam”
Has over 15m views just look at the comment section
see how many foreigners have left positive
Comments.

Last edited:

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Since singing for a small Iranian community makes very little sense financially you will find nobody. Those guys in Iran make coin.
Despite all the restrictions in Iran the lads
have done very well in the last few yrs.
Why don’t L.A. singers try to compete with
Iranian singers and up their games?
The money is in Europe and North America
That’s why the likes of Yeganeh come abroad
Most concerted get cancelled in Iran by
Idiotic basijis.

Nov 24, 2002
Sean Paul.
I was talking about musicians, Arash and like Arash are more like entertainer. I have nothing against them though.

Oct 1, 2004
I think we're mixing up pop music with classical/traditional music.

Most musicians who work on classical/traditional music and are actually educated in it barely make any money.
If anything Iran is an exception where someone like Shajarian or Nazeri can make quite a bit of money for music that doesn't really have a "pop" sound.

Nov 24, 2002
I think we're mixing up pop music with classical/traditional music.

If anything Iran is an exception where someone like Shajarian or Nazeri can make quite a bit of money for music that doesn't really have a "pop" sound.
That is not true actually, a lot of countries's folk music musicians or singers make decent money. The issue in 2017 not many singers and for sure Iranians making much money from albums, or even single tracks, it is a way to encourage people to attend their concerts, but then again in traditional music, unless you are Shajarian, Nazeri, Kalhor, Alizadeh usually the average attendances are between 200 to 500 max per concert.

I can talk about traditional music only, but a lot of musicians are making Ok money in Iran by only teaching, because more and more kids play instruments, i actually know few people who decided to quite their full time job to teach music, saying they are making more money.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Sean Paul.

Mohsen yeganeh’s “behet ghol midam”
Has over 15m views just look at the comment section
see how many foreigners have left positive
Comments.
Yeah, I wouldn't mix Arash with our other singers. He got his contract with Warner Music Sweden, brought up for foreign listeners/audiences as well as Iranians. I wouldn't call him a true "Iranian singer" even though he sings in Persian. His songs are more khareji style.

But I agree with you on some other singers. You see lots of youtube comments from foreigners who praise their songs.