search for 'mohsen yeganeh boycott' to see if there is any news
to update the thread.but low and behold this thread showed up
on the first page of the search.hope the semite hit teams are not
coming after me hehe!

Attachments

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Take a band like Chaartaar. They are fantastic. No one outside Iran has ever done nything close to what these guys have accomplished music wise. Total class.
Chartar band screwed up big time here. During their concert in Canada's Calgary, the girls who wanted to take pics with them, were told by them to wear veil. This prompted outrage and many ppl in Toronto who had bought their tix already, boycotted their concert and the venue was half-empty! They learned their lesson for sure!

As for Mohsen Yeganeh, according to this news, the boycott was bc of the insulting word he had used in one of his songs:
در ترانه محسن یگانه کلمه «کرکس» به عنوان استعاره***ای از یهودی به*** کار رفته است. همچنین این ترانه به ستاره داوود که از دو مثلث تشکیل شده اشاره کرده است و آن را به عنوان نماد ترس و زندان به کار برده است.
https://www.manoto.news/news/czmjr1/news30036

If this is true, Jewish community had all the right to protest. This is antisemitic and insulting. No matter which religion it is.

khanandehaye Iran az bas beheshoon gir midan baraye mojavez, baad az modati mishan madAh, az oonvare godd mioftan!

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Chartar band screwed up big time here. During their concert in Canada's Calgary, the girls who wanted to take pics with them, were told by them to wear veil. This prompted outrage and many ppl in Toronto who had bought their tix already, boycotted their concert and the venue was half-empty! They learned their lesson for sure!

As for Mohsen Yeganeh, according to this news, the boycott was bc of the insulting word he had used in one of his songs:
در ترانه محسن یگانه کلمه «کرکس» به عنوان استعاره***ای از یهودی به*** کار رفته است. همچنین این ترانه به ستاره داوود که از دو مثلث تشکیل شده اشاره کرده است و آن را به عنوان نماد ترس و زندان به کار برده است.
https://www.manoto.news/news/czmjr1/news30036

If this is true, Jewish community had all the right to protest. This is antisemitic and insulting. No matter which religion it is.

khanandehaye Iran az bas beheshoon gir midan baraye mojavez, baad az modati mishan madAh, az oonvare godd mioftan!
Sure, they have the right to protest, so do the poor kids of Syria and Palestine... those people coming out and "protesting" for what he said , do they also come out when Israel kill innocent civilians in west bank?

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
Sure, they have the right to protest, so do the poor kids of Syria and Palestine... those people coming out and "protesting" for what he said , do they also come out when Israel kill innocent civilians in west bank?
There is no question the Israeli regime is riding on the wave of ultra ortodox religious jew, same as in Iran. But I'm sure the majority of people live in Israel want peace.
The question is did Yeganeh need to insult those people? was he forced to write the song? I'm against any religion but i'm not gonna write a song about it.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
^ depending on the state of the artist.. A 'fleeing artist' or 'staying behind for now' artist have different artistic inspirations and expressions.

A8K

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
fuck.ir
Fan's post off his insta..
آقای محسن یگانه از اونجایی می دونم شما ام یه وطن پرستید دلیل سکوتتونو نسبت به اوضاع کشور و نمی دونم ما از شما انتظار ...

What ya (and him) think of the kind and newer anti-Iranian stuff going on in Iran?

here is some of the anti-iranian propaganda that went on just before
the concert

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
hola! These are usually GP's arguments, but anyways!:

Those people are Jewish-Iranian. Not Syrian or Palestinian. They were protesting against their own compatriot who should have known better not to insult other religions of Iranians.
+ Jews(as being religious) is different than Israel govt. A lot of Jews dont agree with what Israel govt is doing.

Did you or other Muslims come to the street to protest ISIS' violence in the past 5 years?

Last edited:

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
hola! These are usually GP's arguments, but anyways!:

Those people are Jewish-Iranian. Not Syrian or Palestinian. They were protesting against their own compatriot who should have known better not to insult other religions of Iranians.
+ Jews(as being religious) is different than Israel govt. A lot of Jews dont agree with what Israel govt is doing.

Did you or other Muslims come to the street to protest ISIS' violence in the past 5 years?
Nilou jaan,
I am not sure what you mean by these GP comments?

I think you mis-understood me, as said, I have no issue with them protesting, its freedom of expression, but in general, what i was saying is, the world always seem to forget about the poor people of Palastine or Syria and always views Israel as the victim. Based on what i read and heard, M.Yeganeh never said anything about JEWS, he was singing for ISRAEL and as you pointed out, there is a huge difference between the two.