monday's demo in tehran

JazzedUp

Bench Warmer
Dec 1, 2002
London
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8099952.stm

Iranian opposition cancels rally

Iran's defeated opposition candidate Mir Hossein Mousavi has cancelled a big rally, amid growing unrest over last week's presidential poll.
The government had declared planned protests against the re-election of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad illegal.
Mr Mousavi, a moderate, has called for the results to be annulled, alleging widespread fraud.
Mr Ahmadinejad says the poll was fair. Tens of thousands rallied in Tehran on Sunday to celebrate his victory.
'Death to the dictator'
There were clashes between the police and anti-Ahmadinejad protesters in several parts of the city for a second day on Sunday.
I urge you, Iranian nation, to continue your nationwide protests in a peaceful and legal way

Mir Hossein Mousavi

Editors' blog: Stop the jamming
Internet brings events to life
John Simpson's view
Challenge to republic

Police hit protesters with batons and charged them on motorbikes.
Mousavi supporters cried "death to the dictator" into the evening. Scores of people are reported to have been arrested.
There have been reports of tear gas being fired and rooms being searched at Tehran University.
The BBC's Jon Leyne in Tehran says the rapidly spreading protests are a challenge not just to the election result, not just to President Ahmadinejad, but to the supreme leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei himself.
That means it is, he says, a challenge to the whole basis of the Islamic Republic.
Mr Ahmadinejad dismissed the unrest as "passions after a soccer match".

JazzedUp

Bench Warmer
Dec 1, 2002
London
I'm telling you guys if it's true something really horrible is going on. I really hope it's not true. I hope they are just talking about his Azadi sq demo since he is going to do a sit in at Khomeini's ghabr.

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
Mousavi and Karoubi need to make upi theiri mind. If they are working within the laws of the country, then by default, they can not hold a rally that is not allowed. That leaves them one choice: To go against the law. If so, there is no reason to even hold a rally in a given spot, drawing all attention to it by the police and Basij so they can be ready to beat the crap out of people. They should tell the people to continue their resistance through civil disobedience and through sporadic protests all over the city in order to spread them thin.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Mousavi and Karoubi need to make upi theiri mind. If they are working within the laws of the country, then by default, they can not hold a rally that is not allowed. That leaves them one choice: To go against the law. If so, there is no reason to even hold a rally in a given spot, drawing all attention to it by the police and Basij so they can be ready to beat the crap out of people. They should tell the people to continue their resistance through civil disobedience and through sporadic protests all over the city in order to spread them thin.

اصل 27 قانون اساسی: تشکیل اجتماعات و راه‏پیمایی‏ها، بدون حمل سلاح، به شرط آن که مخل به مبانی اسلام نباشد آزاد است

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
اصل 27 قانون اساسی: تشکیل اجتماعات و راه‏پیمایی‏ها، بدون حمل سلاح، به شرط آن که مخل به مبانی اسلام نباشد آزاد است
Westi jAn, the same right is given in the US constitution as well, but still all rally organizers have to obtain a permit to hold rallies anywhere. Peopl can not just disrupt everyone else's lives and bring a nation to a standstill to hold a rally. But that's besides the point I was trying to make. We know they will never ever be given permission to rally even if they did not disrupt anything. Still, these guys are trying to work within the frame work of IRI laws which they know well is not being respected by the other side. They need to abandon that strategy and work against the laws. There isn't really any law in Iran other than use of force and power. They have to moghAbele be mesl or just shut the fuck up. I wouldn't send these people into what we both know is a massive presence of Basij, Sepah and police. Spread the "rallies" (protests) all over the city. Make it sporadic. jang o goriz. Confuse the police and Basij. Spread them thin so your losses would be minimal.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Westi jAn, the same right is given in the US constitution as well, but still all rally organizers have to obtain a permit to hold rallies anywhere. Peopl can not just disrupt everyone else's lives and bring a nation to a standstill to hold a rally. But that's besides the point I was trying to make. We know they will never ever be given permission to rally even if they did not disrupt anything. Still, these guys are trying to work within the frame work of IRI laws which they know well is not being respected by the other side. They need to abandon that strategy and work against the laws. There isn't really any law in Iran other than use of force and power. They have to moghAbele be mesl or just shut the fuck up. I wouldn't send these people into what we both know is a massive presence of Basij, Sepah and police. Spread the "rallies" (protests) all over the city. Make it sporadic. jang o goriz. Confuse the police and Basij. Spread them thin so your losses would be minimal.
eshghi jan, I know...but for whatever happens, they can still go back to ghanoone asasi and their rights. working within frameworks, until now, is smart. akhe mikhan oonvaght beheshoon chi began? they are making use of their rights given to them by hazrate emam through the glorious revolution :)