monday's demo in tehran

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
And lets not forget that there have been many clips around and I am sure thugs in security forces will be after them. So if momentum dies out, those brave souls will be in a great risk like last time. Remember Batebi et all last time.
I am afraid you are very right. There will be a big crack down on brave souls who came out and fought back. They already have locked up many journalists, students, activits, ... the set backs on the civil society will be high as it is often the case with any successful coup.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
Just in from twitter

read from bottom to top please

1. TehranBureauto label Mosavi’s supporters as an anti regime.less than 20 seconds ago from web
  2. TehranBureauin today’s demonstration to carry Imam Khomeini’s picture, these will bring security to people and also won’t allow opposition group toless than a minute ago from web
  3. TehranBureauPlease let everyone know in Iran that Mr. Mosavi asked all the supporters whom participating in
I would not be surprised if it's true knowing Mousavi, but I like to think it's not.

If this true I have to say what an awful awful strategy, not only its backward and stupid but also it excludes and alienates many who want change (even while tolerating Islamic Republic) but hate the bastard.

Feb 22, 2005
I agree Mousavi is under tremendous pressure. He might be forced to pull it out or delay waiting for guardian council which would be the biggest mistake as others mentioned gives momentum to the regime.

People have to realize there is no going back. Either masses come out and force the regime to back out which ends up in those arrested free and stops the upcoming arrests and proscecutions, or stay home and watch many arrested, tortured, some prisoned, and others added to the watch list.

This is a window of opportunity that has opened. Dont allow GC to just say they will look into it and then give few more million to Mousavi and announce AN the winner.

You either go in as a team (that means masses pouring out), or you die and get prosecuted individually. People not pouring out and having so many prosectued will make it harder for people to risk their lives in the future demonstrations.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
I would not be surprised if it's true knowing Mousavi, but I like to think it's not.

If this true I have to say what an awful awful strategy, not only its backward and stupid but also it excludes and alienates many who want change (even while tolerating Islamic Republic) but hate the bastard.
they are doing their most to protect the people demonstrating.
allaho akbar, going to emams grave, his pictures.....see it as a shield.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
they are doing their most to protect the people demonstrating.
allaho akbar, going to emams grave, his pictures.....see it as a shield.
Thanks Westi, I undesrtand. None of those just do not sit well with "man-e nooei". I can tolerate the first one, but going under umberella of the person who is responsible for this whole velayate faghih and dictatorship to begin with is not a bright sign, at least for me.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
It has started

به گزارش خبرگزاری فرانسه، تظاهرات در میدان انقلاب تهران از دقایقی پیش آغاز شد. هم اکنون صدها نفر در این محل تجمع کرده اند. نیروی انتظامی برگزاری این تظاهرات را ممنوع کرده است. اما موسوی و کروبی و خاتمی اعلام کردند که در این تظاهرات شرکت خواهند کرد.

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
karoubi and mousavi are going regardless to "ask people to calm down". haha

if they are gonna go, then everyone else will go to. this might turn big.
Yes, hopefully it just a tactic so he will be allowed to leave the house and join the crowd.

آقاي مير حسين موسوي در حال حاظر در خانه اش تحت نظر است و اجازه خروج به وي نمي دهند .

zoozanagheh

Bench Warmer
Feb 6, 2005
یکی از دانشجویان از تهران: این دستور که بموجب آن، شورای نگهبان مسئول رسیدگی به تقلب انتخاباتی شده، با شتاب و بصورت پیاپی از صدا و سیمای جمهوری اسلامی پخش می شود. این درحالی است که دسته های بزرگی از مردم به سوی خیابان انقلاب درحال حرکت اند تا راهپیمائی میدان انقلاب تا میدان آزادی را آغاز کنند. درحالیکه شبکه اس ام اس را دولت قطع کرده، اینترنت تقریبا فلج است و سایت های طرفدار موسوی را نیز یا فیلتر کرده اند و یا بدلیل کاهش سرعت اینترنت قابل دسترسی نیستند، هیچکس بدرستی نمی داند چه حرف و پیامی درست است و چه حرف و پیامی غلط؟ آنچه شب گذشته در کوی دانشگاه گذشت و ویرانی و خونی که حزب پادگانی به بار آورد، موجب خشم فشرده مردمی شده