moshiri on parcham

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I have lots of differences with moshiri on lots of issues.
yet he is making a ver logical point.

He essentially says once people are free and their government is governing by consent of the governed. then they can petition it to change the flag.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAWPIX0O648"]YouTube - History and Meaning of the Iranian Flag | Ostad Bahram Moshiri | 21.July.2009[/ame]

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
Thanks - A fair analysis and approach by him on the flag issue at the moment. His empathy towards Iranian youth inside and how they feel about the current flag is worth praise. Empathy is the first step towards tolerance and tolerance is the key for a future free Iran where majority rules but majority respects minority and gives the minority enough right to express their views.

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
I was against shir-o-khorshid flag because I thought it was a monarchy sign until I listen to a program about flag by Nasser Enghetaa'. He convinced me that, as Mshiri said it too, symbol belongs to the nation.

buzz

Bench Warmer
May 21, 2003
Ohio
I was against shir-o-khorshid flag because I thought it was a monarchy sign until I listen to a program about flag by Nasser Enghetaa'. He convinced me that, as Mshiri said it too, symbol belongs to the nation.
wow, I'm surprised you didn't know that. Shiro-khorshid has nothing to do w/ pahlavi, or monarchy or anything like that.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
The biggest disservice to the Shiro-Khorshid symbol has been done by monarchists who rudely tried to convince everyone that Shiro-Khorshid was a symbol of Pahlavi monarchy. This hurt our historic flag a lot.

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
Nasser Enghetaa' is not a reliable source AT ALL. He is full of BS!! I would trust Moshiri more than Enghetaa'.

Wikipedia ([ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lion_and_Sun"]Wikipedia[/ame]) says:

shir o khorshid, شیر و خورشید) is one of the better known emblems of [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran"]Iran[/ame], and between 1576 and 1979 was an element in [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Iran"]Iran's national flag[/ame].
The motif, which combines "ancient Iranian, Arab, Turkish, and Mongol traditions", is first attested in the 12th century.[1][ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shia_Islam"]Shi'ite[/ame] interpretation.[1] It became a national emblem during the [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Qajar"]Qajar[/ame] era. In the 19th century, European visitors at the Qajar court attributed the lion and sun to remote antiquity and since then it got a nationalistic interpretation.[1] It eventually received a specifically

The lion and sun symbol first appears in the 12th century, most notably on the coinage of [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaykhusraw_II"]Kaykhusraw II[/ame], who was Sultan of the Seljuk Sultanate of Rûm from 1237 to 1246.

In a way, I think, the symbol is associated with monarchy since Shah and Pahlavis wanted that and investigated a a lot on equating it to Shahanshahi Pahlavi. But it is has a lot of Iranian elements in it.

mashtnaghi

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
This is not the time for a flag history lesson. The aim is to demonstrate support of the protesters in Iran. The participants wish to avoid distractions from this objective by putting aside their wide range of political ideas. Pro-monarchist claim this is an infringement on their rights to show support for their ideal form of government. Ironically, this act itself is an infringement on the rights of those who wish to have politically noncommittal demonstrations. What is stopping the pro-Monarchy supporters from obtaining a permit for their brand of demonstration? It appears that pro-monarchists' aim is not just to demonstrate support for the protestors in Iran.

The demonstrations will be effective if they are reflected in Iran. Right or wrong the flag in question is associated with the pro-monarchy groups, and as such its presence may further obstruct the efforts of the protesters in Iran. If you cannot help them, please do not harm them. Stay in your Cholo-kabobis and toss around conspiracy theories as you have been for the past thirty years. Your attempt to find a possible salvation amidst all of these is transparent and abhorring. Don't do what that will cause you to hold your heads down in shame even further than they should be.

Javeed

National Team Player
Nov 12, 2002
Nasser Enghetaa' is not a reliable source AT ALL. He is full of BS!! I would trust Moshiri more than Enghetaa'.
I have not watched iranian TV for years. Our neighbor trees grew in front of our satellite :). I tried not to miss his program about Moghols attack on Iran. The only other time I watched him was when he talked about the flag. I liked these two programs but I take your words.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
The biggest disservice to the Shiro-Khorshid symbol has been done by monarchists who rudely tried to convince everyone that Shiro-Khorshid was a symbol of Pahlavi monarchy. This hurt our historic flag a lot.
And also the traitors Monafeghin who do the same , the fact is shiro khorshid is the symbol of Iran and has nothing to do with any political establishment in particular .

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
With all due respect its totally irresponsible and none factual to dismiss someone like Naser Engheta with the amount of research and publishing that he has. He has composed many books on Iranian history and its hero’s in great detail and all backed up by many many historical sources. I am not sure if (Referee, Iran paak) you two have read any of his works or looked at from a scholarly perspective such as

Nader Shah: This is a 5 volume, very extensive detailed work on Nader Shah’s life and history. I have checked several of his sources at the UCLA research library (Charles Young) when I was a student there since that was one of the research centers he had used. I was always fascinated with Nader Shah and wanted to check a lot of the information for my self. It is true that his writing style of history if similar to a story telling style since history is boring but that does not discredit his work.

He has done the same research on Amir Kabir, with several sources.

Same with Mogols coming to Persia and Shahzadeh Jalal Al Din.

Same goes for his history of the Flag as well.

I have attached his biography from his own words so one can see the credentials and the information that is being provided.

Going back to the flag subject one has to note that the Iranian lion dates thousands of years back as indicated and is seen on the relic stones of Takhte Jamshid. The lion is an Iranian symbol just like Derafshe Kaviyani colors that should always be associated with Iran and being Iranian.

پاییز 1384 لوس آنجلس
ناصر انقطاع هستم.

درتهران از یک پدر و مادر تهرانی زاده شدم. ولی پدر پدرم نراقی، و مادر پدرم کرد بودند. همچنین پدر مادرم سپاهانی
و مادر مادرم شیرازی بودند.

هنوز به چهارده سالگی نرسیده بودم که نخستین نوشته ام در روزنامه ی «یو یو» به مدیریت روانشاد « عماد عصار»
چاپ شد. پس از شهریور 1320 و تاختن بیگانگان به ایران، پیوند خود را با رسانه های نوشتاری استوارتر کردم و
در روزنامه ها و هفته نامه های آرزو. عدل. فانوس و صبا مطالبی طنز آمیز و سیاسی می نوشتم. همچنین کاریکاتور
ها و جدولهایی می کشیدم و طرح می کردم. در آن روزها جوانترین هموند کاروان رسانه های گروهی بودم.

در سالهای 28 تا 32 بهنگام جنبش ملی شدن نفت، در صف ملت گرایان، در دانشگاه (دانشکده ی حقوق) و
در اجتماع بسختی به کوشش و ستیز پرداختم و با وجود سن کم، با همکاری دوستان دیگر روزنامه ای را بنام
« پرچمدار » منتشر کردم که این روزنامه تا امرداد 1332 چاپ و بخش می شد.

پس از کودتای 28 امرداد، و ضربه ای که به امیّد ایرانیان، از آن میان من خورد، مدّتی از کارهای سیاسی کنار گرفتم و
باز به دانش و دانشکده روی آوردم. در سال 1352 لیسانس خود را از دانشکده ی علوم ارتباطات اجتماعی هم گرفتم
و در میان 154 دانشجو رتبه ی یکم را بدست آوردم.

آنگاه به کارهای پژوهشی در زمینه ی زبان پارسی و ریشه یابی واژه ها، و بررسی تاریخ ایران بگونه ی ژرف پرداختم
و ضمن کارهای اداری، پیوند خود را با رسانه های نوشتنی نیز نبریدم ولی اینبار در زمینه ی زبان و تاریخ به بررسی
های گسترده پرداختم و نوشته های خود را در روزنامه های کیهان، اطلاعات، رستاخیز و تربیت بدنی بچاپ رسانیدم
و همین نوشته ها انگیزه ی آن شد که از سوی « فرهنگستان زبان ایران » برای همکاری با این مرکز بزرگ پژوهشی
(academic) فراخوانده، و بهموندی گروه واژه گزینی برای کتابهای درسی پذیرفته شدم. و افتخار آن را پیدا کردم که
در کنار استادانی بزرگ چون دکتر حسین گل گلاب، دکتر بهرام فرهوشی، دکتر محمر مقدّم، دکتر صادق کیا و دکتر
جهانشاهی بنشینم، و از دریای دانش آنان سیراب شوم.

پس از انقلاب در حالیکه هنوز آخوندها درست پا نگرفته بودند، باز به رسانه ها روی آوردم و به نو شتن مقاله های
سیاسی و میهنی پرداختم و نخست سر دبیر هفته نامه ی سپید و سیاه شدم. پس از چهار شماره این هفته
نامه توقیف شد. سردبیر بامشاد شدم. پس از انتشار تنها یک شماره بعلت اینکه در پشت جلد نقاشی شیری
را کشیده بودم که مرده است و شمشیرش شکسته و خورشید در حال فرو رفتن است، و زیر آن نوشته بودم
« مرگ شیر،شکست شمشیر، غروب خورشید. براستی به کجا می رویم » این نشریه نیز توقیف شد.

سپس سر مقاله ای در هفته نامه ی جوانان نوشتم، که سبب توقیف آن هفته نامه نیز شد. بهر روی، با تنی
چند از دوستان، دست به انتشار شب نامه ای بنام « پیروزی » زدیم که آن نیز پس از انتشار دو شماره « لو »
رفت و سه تن از ما (دکتر ضیا مدرّسی، دکتر منوچهر سلیمی و فرخ سرمدی) دستگیر شدند و سه نفر (از آن
میان من) گریختیم. سه نفر دستگیر شده هر سه تیرباران شدند.

پس از گریز از ایران و مدت ششماه سرگردانی در پاکستان و ترکیه و ایتالیا، سرانجام توانستم از کشور آمریکا
روادید پناهندگی سیاسی بگیرم و به آمریکا بیایم (فوریه 1986). در لوس آنجلس، نخست با روانشاد منصور
انوری و نشریه ی پیام ایران همکاری کردم و سپس در فوریه ی 1987 یکی از بنیادگذاران نشریه ی روزانه ی
« صبح ایران » شدم و در درازای نزدیک به ده سال، سردبیری این رسانه را به گردن داشتم. این نخستین
رسانه ی روزانه ی پارسی زبان در برون مرز، در تاریخ روزنامه نگاری بود.

در همان سالها. انجمنی را بنام « انجمن پاسداری از زبان و فر هنگ پارسی » با همکاری گروهی از کاردانان و
کار شناسان این رشته بنیاد نهادم، و مدت چهار سال دبیر انجمن و سردبیر فصل نامه ی « پارسی نامه » بودم.
مدت دو سال هم سردبیر هفته نامه ی ایرانشهر در لوس آنجلس بودم.

سپس به نوشتن کتابهای فرهنگی، تاریخی، پژوهشی و سیاسی پرداختم و تا امروز شانزده جلد کتاب در
زمینه های یاد شده نوشته ام (پژوهشی در باره ی هفت سین ، جشنهای ایرانی، نادر پادشاه ناکام، قهرمان
بی آرام (در 5 جلد)، روزهای آوارگی (در 2 جلد)، توفان زرد، شیر و خورشید نشان سه هزار ساله، بابک مردی
به استواری کوه سبلان، پنجاه سال تاریخ کنونی ایران، امیر کبیر اخگری در تاریکی و در ژرفای واژه ها (تا امروز
در 2 جلد) که بر روی هم 16 جلد می شود). در درازای نوزده سالی که در لوس آنجلس هستم با رادیوهای
تهران لوس آنجلس، رادیوی فرهنگی ایرانیان، رادیو صدای ملی ایران، و تلویزیونهای سیمای ایران و ایران سیما
همکاری داشته ام، و هم اکنون نیز هفته ای سه روز برنامه های فرهنگی، تاریخی و سیاسی پر بیننده ای
را در تلویزیون ملی ایران (NITV) اجرا میکنم.

سرانجام در نوروز 1382 موفق به دریافت درجه ی دکترا در رشته ی « فرهنگ و ادب ایران » از دانشگاه آمریکایی
گلوبال (Global) شدم.

سرگرمی های من، (جز نوشتن و خواندن کتاب)، ورزش و نقاشی و چامه سرایی است. دلبسته ی دیوانه وار
میهنم هستم. به فرهنگ پویای ایران و زبان دل انگیز پارسی مهر می ورزم. و در آرزوی بازگشت به سرزمینی
هستم که گور و گهواره ی پدران و مادرانم است.

http://nasserengheta.com/ketab.htm.

Both him and Moshiri are reliable and use factual and prominent sources as well as logic. Moshiri is a better public speaker and his line of reasonsing seems more logical since he is a student of philosophy. Engheta is more of a researcher type that the true essence of his works can be seen in his publications.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Did you know Arya in the old Ilami language means "Lion". Ask any of our Assouri hamvatans and they will verify it also means Lion in their language. Our country is the country of Shir & Khorshid.

BTW - Every now and then flags get to play their important roles in nations history - and right now, at this junction our Shir-Khorshid flag is extremely important. Moshiri is wrong on some issues - and this is one of them. The flag will and must play a role in freeing iran not after Iran is freed.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I am suprized that so many are only hearing from this video clip only what they would like to hear.

He is pointing out that as a personal choice He prefers the old "shir-o-khorshid" flag.

yet he is indicating that this is not a matter of priority. He essentially indicates that Iranians government formally appointed the flag as Iran's flag during Qajar years. The same iranian government can change that flag (that happend 30 years ago). It can choose to change it again (presumably when there is structural political change in iran).

This video simply points that a religion called "shir-o-khorshid" should not exist. This religion like many is turning out into a money printing business.

Oct 18, 2002
Los LAshkhores, Casifornia
I agree with Moshiri's points of view absolutely and unequivocally. It's shameful that a few - ver few - individuals with a long list of hidden agendas are doing everything in their power to hijack the current movement. The monarchists have had 30 damn years to do something and all they could put together were a few comical events here and there with absolutely zero success of any type.

The message from the masses to these elements is loud and clear: you don't own the sheer-o-khorsheed symbol, nor do you own Iran. Either join the movement with utmost respect to its morals and goals OR stay the hell away.

Oct 18, 2002
With all due respect its totally irresponsible and none factual to dismiss someone like Naser Engheta with the amount of research and publishing that he has. He has composed many books on Iranian history and its hero’s in great detail and all backed up by many many historical sources. I am not sure if (Referee, Iran paak) you two have read any of his works or looked at from a scholarly perspective such as

Nader Shah: This is a 5 volume, very extensive detailed work on Nader Shah’s life and history. I have checked several of his sources at the UCLA research library (Charles Young) when I was a student there since that was one of the research centers he had used. I was always fascinated with Nader Shah and wanted to check a lot of the information for my self. It is true that his writing style of history if similar to a story telling style since history is boring but that does not discredit his work.

He has done the same research on Amir Kabir, with several sources.

Same with Mogols coming to Persia and Shahzadeh Jalal Al Din.

Same goes for his history of the Flag as well.

I have attached his biography from his own words so one can see the credentials and the information that is being provided.

Going back to the flag subject one has to note that the Iranian lion dates thousands of years back as indicated and is seen on the relic stones of Takhte Jamshid. The lion is an Iranian symbol just like Derafshe Kaviyani colors that should always be associated with Iran and being Iranian.

پاییز 1384 لوس آنجلس
ناصر انقطاع هستم.

درتهران از یک پدر و مادر تهرانی زاده شدم. ولی پدر پدرم نراقی، و مادر پدرم کرد بودند. همچنین پدر مادرم سپاهانی
و مادر مادرم شیرازی بودند.

هنوز به چهارده سالگی نرسیده بودم که نخستین نوشته ام در روزنامه ی «یو یو» به مدیریت روانشاد « عماد عصار»
چاپ شد. پس از شهریور 1320 و تاختن بیگانگان به ایران، پیوند خود را با رسانه های نوشتاری استوارتر کردم و
در روزنامه ها و هفته نامه های آرزو. عدل. فانوس و صبا مطالبی طنز آمیز و سیاسی می نوشتم. همچنین کاریکاتور
ها و جدولهایی می کشیدم و طرح می کردم. در آن روزها جوانترین هموند کاروان رسانه های گروهی بودم.

در سالهای 28 تا 32 بهنگام جنبش ملی شدن نفت، در صف ملت گرایان، در دانشگاه (دانشکده ی حقوق) و
در اجتماع بسختی به کوشش و ستیز پرداختم و با وجود سن کم، با همکاری دوستان دیگر روزنامه ای را بنام
« پرچمدار » منتشر کردم که این روزنامه تا امرداد 1332 چاپ و بخش می شد.

پس از کودتای 28 امرداد، و ضربه ای که به امیّد ایرانیان، از آن میان من خورد، مدّتی از کارهای سیاسی کنار گرفتم و
باز به دانش و دانشکده روی آوردم. در سال 1352 لیسانس خود را از دانشکده ی علوم ارتباطات اجتماعی هم گرفتم
و در میان 154 دانشجو رتبه ی یکم را بدست آوردم.

آنگاه به کارهای پژوهشی در زمینه ی زبان پارسی و ریشه یابی واژه ها، و بررسی تاریخ ایران بگونه ی ژرف پرداختم
و ضمن کارهای اداری، پیوند خود را با رسانه های نوشتنی نیز نبریدم ولی اینبار در زمینه ی زبان و تاریخ به بررسی
های گسترده پرداختم و نوشته های خود را در روزنامه های کیهان، اطلاعات، رستاخیز و تربیت بدنی بچاپ رسانیدم
و همین نوشته ها انگیزه ی آن شد که از سوی « فرهنگستان زبان ایران » برای همکاری با این مرکز بزرگ پژوهشی
(academic) فراخوانده، و بهموندی گروه واژه گزینی برای کتابهای درسی پذیرفته شدم. و افتخار آن را پیدا کردم که
در کنار استادانی بزرگ چون دکتر حسین گل گلاب، دکتر بهرام فرهوشی، دکتر محمر مقدّم، دکتر صادق کیا و دکتر
جهانشاهی بنشینم، و از دریای دانش آنان سیراب شوم.

پس از انقلاب در حالیکه هنوز آخوندها درست پا نگرفته بودند، باز به رسانه ها روی آوردم و به نو شتن مقاله های
سیاسی و میهنی پرداختم و نخست سر دبیر هفته نامه ی سپید و سیاه شدم. پس از چهار شماره این هفته
نامه توقیف شد. سردبیر بامشاد شدم. پس از انتشار تنها یک شماره بعلت اینکه در پشت جلد نقاشی شیری
را کشیده بودم که مرده است و شمشیرش شکسته و خورشید در حال فرو رفتن است، و زیر آن نوشته بودم
« مرگ شیر،شکست شمشیر، غروب خورشید. براستی به کجا می رویم » این نشریه نیز توقیف شد.

سپس سر مقاله ای در هفته نامه ی جوانان نوشتم، که سبب توقیف آن هفته نامه نیز شد. بهر روی، با تنی
چند از دوستان، دست به انتشار شب نامه ای بنام « پیروزی » زدیم که آن نیز پس از انتشار دو شماره « لو »
رفت و سه تن از ما (دکتر ضیا مدرّسی، دکتر منوچهر سلیمی و فرخ سرمدی) دستگیر شدند و سه نفر (از آن
میان من) گریختیم. سه نفر دستگیر شده هر سه تیرباران شدند.

پس از گریز از ایران و مدت ششماه سرگردانی در پاکستان و ترکیه و ایتالیا، سرانجام توانستم از کشور آمریکا
روادید پناهندگی سیاسی بگیرم و به آمریکا بیایم (فوریه 1986). در لوس آنجلس، نخست با روانشاد منصور
انوری و نشریه ی پیام ایران همکاری کردم و سپس در فوریه ی 1987 یکی از بنیادگذاران نشریه ی روزانه ی
« صبح ایران » شدم و در درازای نزدیک به ده سال، سردبیری این رسانه را به گردن داشتم. این نخستین
رسانه ی روزانه ی پارسی زبان در برون مرز، در تاریخ روزنامه نگاری بود.

در همان سالها. انجمنی را بنام « انجمن پاسداری از زبان و فر هنگ پارسی » با همکاری گروهی از کاردانان و
کار شناسان این رشته بنیاد نهادم، و مدت چهار سال دبیر انجمن و سردبیر فصل نامه ی « پارسی نامه » بودم.
مدت دو سال هم سردبیر هفته نامه ی ایرانشهر در لوس آنجلس بودم.

سپس به نوشتن کتابهای فرهنگی، تاریخی، پژوهشی و سیاسی پرداختم و تا امروز شانزده جلد کتاب در
زمینه های یاد شده نوشته ام (پژوهشی در باره ی هفت سین ، جشنهای ایرانی، نادر پادشاه ناکام، قهرمان
بی آرام (در 5 جلد)، روزهای آوارگی (در 2 جلد)، توفان زرد، شیر و خورشید نشان سه هزار ساله، بابک مردی
به استواری کوه سبلان، پنجاه سال تاریخ کنونی ایران، امیر کبیر اخگری در تاریکی و در ژرفای واژه ها (تا امروز
در 2 جلد) که بر روی هم 16 جلد می شود). در درازای نوزده سالی که در لوس آنجلس هستم با رادیوهای
تهران لوس آنجلس، رادیوی فرهنگی ایرانیان، رادیو صدای ملی ایران، و تلویزیونهای سیمای ایران و ایران سیما
همکاری داشته ام، و هم اکنون نیز هفته ای سه روز برنامه های فرهنگی، تاریخی و سیاسی پر بیننده ای
را در تلویزیون ملی ایران (NITV) اجرا میکنم.

سرانجام در نوروز 1382 موفق به دریافت درجه ی دکترا در رشته ی « فرهنگ و ادب ایران » از دانشگاه آمریکایی
گلوبال (Global) شدم.

سرگرمی های من، (جز نوشتن و خواندن کتاب)، ورزش و نقاشی و چامه سرایی است. دلبسته ی دیوانه وار
میهنم هستم. به فرهنگ پویای ایران و زبان دل انگیز پارسی مهر می ورزم. و در آرزوی بازگشت به سرزمینی
هستم که گور و گهواره ی پدران و مادرانم است.

http://nasserengheta.com/ketab.htm.

Both him and Moshiri are reliable and use factual and prominent sources as well as logic. Moshiri is a better public speaker and his line of reasonsing seems more logical since he is a student of philosophy. Engheta is more of a researcher type that the true essence of his works can be seen in his publications.
I am sorry but I must tell you that I watched a recent program (about a few weeks back) where he was talking about the flag of the Sikhs and Iran and saying that it was copied directly from that flag. I can tell you that having lived in India and having been in Iran when the competition was on for a new flag, that this statement (solely) made me question whatever else comes out of this guys mouth. The fact is that the current flag was designed and the design behind it was the concept of Allah and La ellaha inallah.

The flag that belongs to the Sikhs is a complete different story. Although the final look and feel of the two flags resemble each other and it is very possible that Hamid Naimi was somewhat influenced by the Sikh flag (this is purely an assumption) but that does not mean they are the same.

Oct 18, 2002
Dear fellows

Shir o khorshid has nothing to do with Pahlavis. Its much much older than that.

Its actually 12000 (thats twelve thousand) years old!

My book will be finished soon, you can read about it.
Come on dude. 12000 years? I look forward to reading your book but I am very interested to know where you get this 12000 years, which pre-dates anything that has to do with a society that had any organization, let alone a society that required an official emblem such as a flag.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
I am sorry but I must tell you that I watched a recent program (about a few weeks back) where he was talking about the flag of the Sikhs and Iran and saying that it was copied directly from that flag. I can tell you that having lived in India and having been in Iran when the competition was on for a new flag, that this statement (solely) made me question whatever else comes out of this guys mouth. The fact is that the current flag was designed and the design behind it was the concept of Allah and La ellaha inallah.

The flag that belongs to the Sikhs is a complete different story. Although the final look and feel of the two flags resemble each other and it is very possible that Hamid Naimi was somewhat influenced by the Sikh flag (this is purely an assumption) but that does not mean they are the same.

Dear Kambujiyeh,

That is one assumption and one point being made. There are some photos and writings on this matter that I have seen. We can not be sure whether this is true or not but there is a lot of resemblance between the two no question. And also there are reports of Khomeinis origins being an Indian from his father side. There are accounts that indicate his father or uncle was actually killed by the people of Khomein on the streets.

khomeini and his father above