The most famous musical plagiarism thread!

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Let me draw your attention that you do not need to listen to the whole piece, it might be kind of heavy for those of you who do not like this genre.
This work "Triptyque de Botticelli" has been composed by the composer Ottorino Respighi born 1879 died in 1936. (please note the years here)
It starts with "La primavera" The Spring, continues with "L'adorazione dei Magi", Adoration for the Magic, and finishes with "La Nascita di Venere" The Birth of Venus, a total of 19:32 minutes.
In the middle of second part "L'adorazione dei Magi" [@ min. 09:14 till 10:16] I hear some very familiar iranian sound, I do not know how and where I've heard it, but I've heard it, could be home at my folks, the family or som iranian place, am not sure.

I think a well-known Iranian composer snatched this part of the melody and turned it into some epic Iranian song.
Please, listen to the short part and advice!

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2010
i am familiar with resphigi through his famous tone poems.
i had not heard this piece before but the section you highlight
has a similar melodic line as the first iranian national anthem that
was composed by the french alfred lemaire.(see below)
however lemaire composed the anthem in the late 19th century but
resphigi published most his works ion the 1900-30. so it seems to me
resphigi got inspired by lemaire not the other way around.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
Thanks a lot hombre,
Your explanation falls into place very clear, what a relief.
I was around and thinking of this for months and did not know how to figure this out.
So this is a work of a military musician "Lemaire" wow, cause I can not find any other works from him.

I find this one which is much closer to the Otto. Respighi's work with brass instruments, where the brass instruments taking over it right away!

Oct 18, 2010
well i'm glad i solved the mystery for you.
the brass rendition is indeed more like the one from respighi and
is probably how it was performed back in the day in persia.

Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
I use to listen to Bill Frisell, above all to learn and exercise when he's contributing with guitar lessons, after all he's pretty skillful.
Now, I was kind of stunned when I heard this piece of work, I am not 100%, but am pretty sure I've heard this melody before and it was some Iranian POP song/melody/guitar track!

Change in the air

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
....... Bill Frisell........... Now, I was kind of stunned when I heard this piece of work, I am not 100%, but am pretty sure I've heard this melody before and it was some Iranian POP song/melody/guitar track!

Change in the air
Finally found what I thought I had heard, credit goes to my cousins!
I knew I had heard this sound, don't ask me where, but it did sound very familiar when Bill Frisell ran by his cheat-sheet and took the credit for "Change in the Air".
This have to be a clear case of copyright infringement and plagiarism, he has turned the tune without being slightly ashamed at all, damned!

Bill Frisell released his work during 2018.
This fella Iranian "Mazyar Fallahi" released his single 2011.

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2009
South Dakota
The hunt for catch'm cheaters continues!

Original sweet, sugar beabes (Pop, Bubble gum sound of 60's)
1963 - The Chiffons - He's So Fine

The fake, false... one (Never liked Beatles and its members but John Lennon)
1970 - George Harrison - My Sweet Lord