My Name is Ronaldo: I am the Biggest douchebag ALIVE

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Surrey mate , beg your pardon , i quoted the wrong person , I meant Byebyenow

Skickat från min iPad med Tapatalk
haha no problem that is all I am saying. He is STILL good, despite the penalty miss(that happens to the best of them, remember Roberto Baggio in WC94 Italy v Brazil) but keep your mouth shut and people won't criticize you, when you fail. It is as simple as that.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Please don't bring in Zlatan. He's holy to me , let him be

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Haha ok and btw I happen to like him because AT LEAST Zlatan is FUNNY about it. Ronaldo is just dbag ish with it. Big difference between the two, in a positive way for Zlatan. Put it to you this way, if I could, I would have a beer with Zlatan. As for Ronaldo, if I could, I would kick him in the nuts, HARD, followed by a punch to the face.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
They are both the same . Maybe zlatan is even worse the only difference is that zlatan say them jokingly not bitter like CR

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
I mentioned that and at least Zlatan does it with a sense of humor, Ronado is very bitter and salty about it. Zlatan comes off as a jokster and Ronaldo reminds me of the jaded, scorned lover.

Nov 29, 2002
Ronaldo and Messi are both individually amazing players. But both have an effect on players around them.

Ronaldo makes players around him worse because of the way he acts and behaves. So you get world class players like Bale (and don't forget that Bale was so much better than any other player in EPL in his last season for Spurs that it was ridiculous) becoming shunted because they just can't play in a normal way. Now you see Bale freed for Wales and it is nice, also note how much Bale inspires the players around him for wales.

Messi makes players around him the same. Let's face it, he is amazing but he is no Maradona who took a weak Argentina team single-handedly to the world cup trophy.

Now if you want a world-class player who really improves the players around him, then look at Iniesta. He is perhaps not as individually gifted as Messi or Ronaldo, but he is like an orchestra conductor who uses the instruments around him to perfection. I only realised just how amazing Iniesta was by watching him live and seeing what he does off-the-ball. It was transcendential, the guy is fucking another level.

Ronaldo and Messi are both individually amazing players. But both have an effect on players around them.

Ronaldo makes players around him worse because of the way he acts and behaves. So you get world class players like Bale (and don't forget that Bale was so much better than any other player in EPL in his last season for Spurs that it was ridiculous) becoming shunted because they just can't play in a normal way. Now you see Bale freed for Wales and it is nice, also note how much Bale inspires the players around him for wales.

Messi makes players around him the same. Let's face it, he is amazing but he is no Maradona who took a weak Argentina team single-handedly to the world cup trophy.

Now if you want a world-class player who really improves the players around him, then look at Iniesta. He is perhaps not as individually gifted as Messi or Ronaldo, but he is like an orchestra conductor who uses the instruments around him to perfection. I only realised just how amazing Iniesta was by watching him live and seeing what he does off-the-ball. It was transcendential, the guy is fucking another level.
Bale is out of his positon in Madrid because CR is in that slot .in Wales and back in spurs he had his own highway on the left. When CR was out injured bale won us two league games against Vayo and Sociedad. As for messi in 2015 -16 , in all competitions He had 41 goals and 22 assists and CR had 51 goals with i guess 16 assists

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Bale is out of his positon in Madrid because CR is in that slot .in Wales and back in spurs he had his own highway on the left. When CR was out injured bale won us two league games against Vayo and Sociedad. As for messi in 2015 -16 , in all competitions He had 41 goals and 22 assists and CR had 51 goals with i guess 16 assists

I am glad you brought this up. I really think you guys would be better off without Ronaldo. I think the problem with Real Madrid is they are too much Ronaldo Driven. Barcelona used to be like that with Messi, until they got Neymar and Suarez(now you don't know who to defend). Now, like the Dr pointed out the difference between Messi and Ronaldo is Messi is a Us/We guy, he makes his teammates better. Ronaddo is a ME guy and he is an individual. Bale would be better if he has Ronaldo's slot but then you need to find a replacement for Bale in his spot. I say Ronaldo is not worth the money and you guys are better off without him.This is coming from a Bayern Munchen fan but I still feel as if Real Madrid, in the long run, would be better off without the guy. Plus who wants to deal with that megalomaniac and headache?

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
@byebyenow ,Very giving discussion , You must be a big fan of him , nothing wrong with it . Explain to me how is Agueras miss was decisive but not what our friend with a tasteful name Team Meli's comment about that match is " things happen in football " according to you ?

I like Messi but I'm not his fan, my idols are Del Piero, Baggio, Buffon, Zidane, Nedved, Pirlo, Maldini, Thuram, Conte...
Referee's mistakes, bad lucks, injuries and much more are all part of the game and can influence the outcome of matches. These factors shouldn't be considered in evaluating player's ability. Messi's goal against Iran was a magnificent shot and a very hard one to make at the very nerve-racking time of the game, BTW Aguero missed the final , Higuain missed a very good goal scoring chance as well as Messi and Palacio, Argentina could have won that game with little bit of luck maybe they already used all their luck against Iran :)

Nadersan

Bench Warmer
Mar 20, 2016
Stockholm
@ byebyenow , still don't buy it. Didn't Germans missed some chances ? Or Baggio's penalty miss 1994 final ?
@DR , I agree Messi makes players around him good but players around him has made him the great player too . That is Barca's way of playing ,The Old AJAX .
@Real Madrid , RM has won before CR and will win after he's gone , but I'm not sure if Barca would be this successful after Messi

@Real Madrid , RM has won before CR and will win after he's gone , but I'm not sure if Barca would be this successful after Messi

With or without Messi Barca will remain a giant ,maybe not as dominating but they wont fade after Messi.

The problem with some of us is that we think dependancy in team is a bad thing. As a matter of fact it's a blessing for any coach to build his team around a star player, wether be Messi, CR, Pogba or you name it Barca made the team around Messi and they rode the highest for a decade. Even when they lost their power in midfield they shifted that magic on the attacking line and they still won a handful of major silverware. Simply , xavi, iniesta and Messi transferred to Messi, Neymar and Suarez.

Madrid was not able to do that with CR because his skills and characteristics won't allow it. Even bale does not have that quality . He is technically a gifted player but not a leader .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nov 29, 2002
He is technically a gifted player but not a leader .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
He wasn't a leader before but he is one now. His game has become a lot more complete in the same way Ronaldo's became more complete 10 years ago.

Bale has now added headed goals to his game (10 this year) and leadership skills (see how he leads the Wales team even though Ashley Williams is the captain, he is much more inspirational to his side than Ronaldo is for Portugal).

I always thought for Spurs in his two seasons before leaving that he had inhuman traits like the extra yard of pace he always found right at the end of the run which destroyed defenders. But now that he has added heading, leadership and free kicks (has scored consecutive free kicks for his country, whereas Ronaldo has scored 0 free-kicks for Portugal, ever!) he has become world-class in an all-round since, even though he is still a sliver worse than Cristiano.

Real Madrid would be crazy not to do their best to keep Bale. He will leave and become the Cristiano for another team whereas at 31, the latter will gradually fade.

He wasn't a leader before but he is one now. His game has become a lot more complete in the same way Ronaldo's became more complete 10 years ago.

Bale has now added headed goals to his game (10 this year) and leadership skills (see how he leads the Wales team even though Ashley Williams is the captain, he is much more inspirational to his side than Ronaldo is for Portugal).

I always thought for Spurs in his two seasons before leaving that he had inhuman traits like the extra yard of pace he always found right at the end of the run which destroyed defenders. But now that he has added heading, leadership and free kicks (has scored consecutive free kicks for his country, whereas Ronaldo has scored 0 free-kicks for Portugal, ever!) he has become world-class in an all-round since, even though he is still a sliver worse than Cristiano.

Real Madrid would be crazy not to do their best to keep Bale. He will leave and become the Cristiano for another team whereas at 31, the latter will gradually fade.

you're comparing Wales to Real . Whether you agree or not He is all Wales has got but that's not the case in Madrid. A player has to convince others and the coaching staff to believe in him so then he can lead and build them around him . this has been the case everywhere. Look at it this way , CR forced himself to lead the others , he locked horns with the likes of Ramos , Iker to claim the leadership, but he was lucky because he had Coentrao, pepe, Carvalho and Jose behind him . add Marcelo to that as well . Bale does not have that option (YET) . Don't forget being a leader is not all about technical ability you need to be a bit immodest specially in Madrid dressing room . Maybe once CR leaves then he gains that perception

Nov 29, 2002
I was really comparing Wales to Portugal in my comparison. Bale is far away from being a leader at Real Madrid but having a leader like Ronaldo doesn't help him.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
you're comparing Wales to Real . Whether you agree or not He is all Wales has got but that's not the case in Madrid. A player has to convince others and the coaching staff to believe in him so then he can lead and build them around him . this has been the case everywhere. Look at it this way , CR forced himself to lead the others , he locked horns with the likes of Ramos , Iker to claim the leadership, but he was lucky because he had Coentrao, pepe, Carvalho and Jose behind him . add Marcelo to that as well . Bale does not have that option (YET) . Don't forget being a leader is not all about technical ability you need to be a bit immodest specially in Madrid dressing room . Maybe once CR leaves then he gains that perception
Not exactly, Aaron Ramsey is not too shabby of a player. Wales is not Bale plus 10 that is all I am saying. @ Dr, I never considered Ronaldo as a leader, I always considered him a great individual player. The problem with Real is Ronaldo is taking Bale's spot. Real Madrid pointed this out to me, he stated when Bale was in Ronaldo's spot, Real won tww La Liga championships. Ronaldo is not worth it both because he is expensive and a headache what manager wants to deal with that?

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
@ byebyenow , still don't buy it. Didn't Germans missed some chances ? Or Baggio's penalty miss 1994 final ?
@DR , I agree Messi makes players around him good but players around him has made him the great player too . That is Barca's way of playing ,The Old AJAX .

Germans had chances but Argentina's miss chances were much more clear cut chances. But my point is not this, it is that WC trophy, which is only seven games in every four years, is not a good reference point for how great Messi is because winning the WC also requires being lucky and being in the right environment. Unlike the national tournament, Messi is the king of CL and La Liga, a much more competitive and high-level football, he has proven himself over and over in both La Liga and CL and that is alone enough for me to consider him the best football player of all time.
Ronaldo is also a great player who proved himself in CL, EPL, and La Liga but the difference is Ronaldo is a self-oriented player and Messi is the team-oriented player and have the great vision which only seldom players have. If a team has the player in the magnitude of Pirlo, I rather have Del Piero than Ronaldo on my team, because Del Piero was the team player and scored enough to bring championship for the team and also made everyone else perform better, he was also a great character and a leader to be followed in the locker room and in training sessions, he might not scores as much as Ronaldo but his off-field benefits overwhelm the goal difference of what Ronaldo bring on the table. The comparison of Zlatan and Ronaldo was spot on and the similar situation did happen with Capello's Juve who had both Ibra and Del Piero, which I couldn't wait to see Zlatan leave Juve. If I was a Real fan I would take Raul-Morientes partnership over any Ronaldo's partnership.