my note on the current global affairs

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
What does "control" mean? When did the US ever control Iran's oil. This is how the oil markets work. You sell your oil, you get paid. End of story. You don't know where the oil ends up or how it is used. Iran is begging for anybody to buy its oil. Heck, they are practically giving it away if they have to. So no, US does not need to control Iran's oil. They are more than willing to sell it. byebyenow.
USA did control and influenced how Iran sell its oil during Shah time after Mosadegh. Yes, you just sell your oil and get your money but who you selling it to, how much oil to produce, or the price of oil can effect global economy and power shifts. USA has been controling this market and Iran since revolution hasn't been acting the way USA like, Saudi in other hand been the best maid for USA.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Nonsense. Iran produced whatever oil it wanted or it could. US had noting to do with it. It is all in your head.
Yup, also CIA removing Mosadegh to bring Shah back is also in my head. UK and USA interested in middle east oil is also in my head. USA and UK hated Mosadegh for nationalization of our oil is also in my head.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
USA did control and influenced how Iran sell its oil during Shah time after Mosadegh. Yes, you just sell your oil and get your money but who you selling it to, how much oil to produce, or the price of oil can effect global economy and power shifts. USA has been controling this market and Iran since revolution hasn't been acting the way USA like, Saudi in other hand been the best maid for USA.
This reminds me of one cold day in 1357. There was a protest going on and me and my dad were passing by. The shoaar was "Naft ra ki dad Amrika? Gaaz ra ki daad Shoravi? Marg bar in saltanate Pahlavi." My dad told one of the yougsters that was shouting "majani ke nadadeh. Daadeh? goft "na vali forookht be Amrika" Babam goft "khob marde hesabi yeki bayad bekhared". The guy looked puzzled and just kept on shouting.

Oct 18, 2010
I don't believe USA is going to let the oil in middle east go, it's like saying Mexican Cartel to let the weed money go. Oil it's not only for consumption but if you control oil market you basically control the world economy. USA not worried about running out of oil which they are not ( they are drilling Canada ) but they are worried about growing China and East pacific. China can not grow if it gets limited by consuming oil. Iran is the main source of oil for China and USA doesn't like that. USA with the help of Saudi Arabia made everybody pay with US dollars when they buy oil now Iran is receiving gold instead of US Dollars, That is the main reason Kadafi's government got demolished by NATO with their terrorists friends help in Libya because he wanted Gold Dinars instead of US Dollars not because he was a dictator, what about Saudi's government then? why they don't get bombed? they are not very good with human right stuff neither but they are USA close ally that's why they didn't get bombed but Libya did because they wanted to break this power chain which actually broke themselves. USA will not back up from those oil, USA is also have an eye on Venezuela oil and Natural Gas in Azerbaijan and Turkmenistan. USA really love to control the oil in Iran once again and that is the main reason they are pushing the civil war in Syria not to listen to UK and France. UK and France know they have nothing to say in Middle East with USA presence they are targeting Africa again for their gold, silver, Uranium, platinum, and oil.
i am not sue if anyone is controlling any oil these days.back in the old days it was possible due to limited access and lack of information but right now it s not possible to do it.of course the u.s. wants to keep the oil flowing but since it is becoming a net energy exporter soon their priorities will change.carter doctrine made the security of the persian gulf the #1 goal for u.s. national security.that is not the case any longer.obama's pivot to asia is making the security in that region as the #1 goal of u.s. national security.this means the u.s. has to wrap up their large presence in the middle east and bring it to the minimum.the cost is just too much and frankly we don't have the resources to do it much longer.so they need a reliable partner to keep the persian gulf safe and out of the total domination of china/russia/eu.the french and the british have already started to take advantage of this in libya,tunisia and now syria.but the persian gulf is the biggest prize and the only power that can keep it safe for americans is iran.americans know it better than anyone else and have probably discussed it in private with their current "allies".hence the vehement opposition of the semites(both arabs and jews) in the region with this plan.perhaps the americans have had secret talks with iran on this subject .which is why iranian officials out of the blue talk about being 'reliable partners" for america.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Yup, also CIA removing Mosadegh to bring Shah back is also in my head. UK and USA interested in middle east oil is also in my head. USA and UK hated Mosadegh for nationalization of our oil is also in my head.
Mossadegh would have sold every drop of oil like all his predecessors and future governments. One more time. Iran is BEGGING to sell oil. US doesn't need to force them or take the oil. Stop reading Workers of the World Unite.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Mossadegh would have sold every drop of oil like all his predecessors and future governments. One more time. Iran is BEGGING to sell oil. US doesn't need to force them or take the oil. Stop reading Workers of the World Unite.
your problem is assuming me reading things that I don't, assuming thing that never happened. USA wants to have a government in Iran that is friendly to USA policies in oil market. It would be very naive for anyone to think USA doesn't have an eye over Iranian oil not because they needed but to control the market and limiting of oil going to China. Mosadegh Nationalized the oil which meant those British company couldn't rape us like they were doing, Oil company lost huge amount of profits over that. Mosadegh was not friendly to UK and USA policies on oil market, he came out changed it in Iran and was a spark around the world. CIA had to do something. You can't say what Mosadegh would have done while he never had a chance to, the only thing is clear is what he has done and it wasn't friendly to western oil companies.
Iran begging to sell oil because some akhunds want some money, it's true. What also is true most countries are begging USA to buy oil from Iran. China also buy a lot of oil from Iran and they pay gold for it. American hate to see this transactions going on while China keep getting their oil from Iran and Mollahs getting their Gold from China.

Oct 18, 2010
the end game is starting to take shape in the middle east.this is another brick in the wall that is falling off for the first time as eu officially sanctions isreal:http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/169966#.Uea76NLVBFw
and yet another brick in the wall is falling:

But that dynamic appeared to change this week. First, 131 House members signed a letter to the administration encouraging it to pursue diplomacy with Iran, which has just elected a reformist new president, Hassan Rouhani. Known as the Dent-Price letter for its principal authors, Reps. Charlie Dent (R-Pa.) and David Price (D-N.C.), it states: “We believe it would be a mistake not to test whether Dr. Rouhani’s election represents a real opportunity for progress toward a verifiable, enforceable agreement. … In order to test this proposition, it will be prudent for the United States to utilize all diplomatic tools to reinvigorate ongoing nuclear talks.”

The letter’s 128 signers are far from a congressional majority, of course, and include only 17 Republicans. But it’s a big deal when a body as traditionally opposed to diplomacy with Iran has so many members publicly calling for it. A pro-engagement group called it “unprecedented.” Calling for diplomatic engagement with Iran is simply not a policy with a strong domestic constituency.

A second datapoint is sanctions. Usually, every summer, Congress will send a bill to the White House tightening sanctions against Iran, whether the White House thinks that’s a good idea or not. But this year, members are breaking tradition: Congressional Quarterly’s Emily Cadei reports that Congress’s annual sanctions legislation has slipped on the calendar and won’t be done until October at the earliest, if it’s even ready this year.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...unusual-direction-toward-diplomacy-with-iran/

Oct 18, 2010
the events are pretty much shaping up as expected and there are now open calls for what i have been advocating.

[h=1]Time to Pivot US Foreign Policy to Iran[/h]
There is one Muslim country in that region in which time spent by U.S. diplomacy can reap rich dividends: Iran. It is a country of 75 million people, of enormous geopolitical importance with borders that straddle countries that are of vital American national interest. It is a country that is destined to be a regional heavyweight and to serve as one of the region's key balance wheels.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sarwar-kashmeri/time-to-pivot-us-foreign-_b_3813805.html

Oct 18, 2010
my note on the current situation in syria.the range of options for obama are very limited.he has been reluctantlyforced into this situation.the fact of the matter is the dying of an empire is always an ugly affair.the u.s. empire is not going to be any different. all the little "servants" in saudi+qatar are hiding under the "skirt of the empire" and pushing the master to use force on their behalf so they can stay afloat a bit longer.the british empire went through this process about 100 years ago.it's the inevitable force of time and nothing can prevent it.which is why the coming military action insyria is being opposed not only by the american military but the overwhelming majority of americans.they ask themselves a simplequestion:"what is the objective of any military strikes?".lobbing a few missiles into syria,ala what clinton did to aq in afghanistan back in the 90s,is not going to get rid of the current government in syria.it will also not be of much help the jihadis terrorists in their fight against the syrian government.and the only 'message' it sends to syrian military brass isa very cynical one.because after the alleged killing of 100k people in syria,and no american response, the message is going to be interpreted as "you can kill as many people as you want as long as you don't use chemical weapons".on the military front there is more than a big danger to american ships in the mediteranian as the pre-emptiveisreali strike on the russian supplied 'yakhont' anti-ship missiles was not a total success.http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...me-Yakhont-missiles-U-S-officials-say.htmlany hit on american ships willescalate the situation out of control and will require either a substantial increase in the use of military or a back down.in short this is clearly a lose lose situation and obama knows it but he has no choice now since his little 'cheer leaders" in the persian gulf will remind him that he lacks credibility if he does not act.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdH08ojKSsc

Oct 18, 2010
my note on the current situation in syria.the range of options for obama are very limited.he has been reluctantlyforced into this situation.the fact of the matter is the dying of an empire is always an ugly affair.the u.s. empire is not going to be any different. all the little "servants" in saudi+qatar are hiding under the "skirt of the empire" and pushing the master to use force on their behalf so they can stay afloat a bit longer.the british empire went through this process about 100 years ago.it's the inevitable force of time and nothing can prevent it.which is why the coming military action insyria is being opposed not only by the american military but the overwhelming majority of americans.they ask themselves a simplequestion:"what is the objective of any military strikes?".lobbing a few missiles into syria,ala what clinton did to aq in afghanistan back in the 90s,is not going to get rid of the current government in syria.it will also not be of much help the jihadis terrorists in their fight against the syrian government.and the only 'message' it sends to syrian military brass isa very cynical one.because after the alleged killing of 100k people in syria,and no american response, the message is going to be interpreted as "you can kill as many people as you want as long as you don't use chemical weapons".on the military front there is more than a big danger to american ships in the mediteranian as the pre-emptiveisreali strike on the russian supplied 'yakhont' anti-ship missiles was not a total success.http://english.alarabiya.net/en/New...me-Yakhont-missiles-U-S-officials-say.htmlany hit on american ships willescalate the situation out of control and will require either a substantial increase in the use of military or a back down.in short this is clearly a lose lose situation and obama knows it but he has no choice now since his little 'cheer leaders" in the persian gulf will remind him that he lacks credibility if he does not act.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdH08ojKSsc
the case for 'strikes' against syria is becoming a joke now.the best line i heard was 'syria is already bombed and in ruins what are we going to bomb?' the u.s. has briefed iran on it's plans through the un envoy who was in tehran earlier this week.it's probably on the lines of we are going to make this a very limited affair to appease iranian hardliners.the hardliners in iran on the other hand will not let this go easy and will try their best to derail any chance of direct talke with the usa any time soon.the new president in iran is one of the losers here as post-syria strike he can not expect to get much of an ear for his 'moderate' policies.the clear winner in all this are the aq, their jihadist terrorists in syria and their financial and military suppliers in qatar+saudi+uae.it is interesting to note that after all the work gw bush put in rallying the world against aq it is now the us military who is 'with them' and bush's mantra of 'you are either with us or agianst us' is soon becoming a distant joke from the past.but perhaps the saddest part for americans and the main reason for their overwhelming opposition to these strikes is the realization that their military has now become a mercenary army that is being bought by the rich fat shiekhs in the persian gulf as their personal hit squad to deliver a hit on syria.as i stated before the dying process on empire is never pretty to watch!

May 9, 2004
HEADLINES

U.S. ready to go it alone on Syria

Way to go Babmi. I am beginning to like you. Do what is right.
بله
انگلیس که دید سوریه عراق و لیبی و افغانستان نیست رفت تو خانه و در را محکم بست
الان امریکا مجبوره خودش تنها این چند موشک رو به سوی سوریه پرتاب کنه
البته با اجازه روسیه و ایران و حتی خود سوریه
حالا این معادله چیست
انرا

عاقلان دانند

Oct 18, 2010
the syrian and korean threads have been polluted with too much noise.
as promised i give you my understanding of what is going on in this brief note.

can obama pull a nixon?

we have to look at the world as a whole when analyzing the events in the middle east.
the united states has been the dominant force in that region ever since the uk withdrew their forces
in the early 70s.after vitenam war ended the u.s. pivoted to the persian gulf.the opening of china to
the world by nixon gave the u.s. the freedom to plan their next doctrine which was put into writing by
president carter and his national security team.ever since the u.s. has been operating based on that doctrine
which made the persian gulf and the security of oil supplies it's #1 priority in foreign policy.that doctrine
is coming to an end now.the u.s. is not as dependent on the oil supplies from the persian gulf and in fact
the estimates are that they are going to be totally independent of that oil supply in the near future.hence
the recent pivot/rebalancing towards asia that president obama and his national security team have initiated and which
will be the basis of the next security doctrine for the u.s.

with this new doctrine the u.s. has to wrap up their involvement in the middle east and in particular the persian gulf
and pass the baton to a partner that can provide the security for the region
.this is precisely the reason why the arab
spring was put into motion with the support of the u.s. and her allies.also this is why the uk and france were so eager
join in and fill the vacuum that is going to be left by the u.s.absence.the u.s. doctrine is not yet finalized.the isreali firsters
and their wings of both the republican and democratic party in particular are trying to shape the events from their own prespective and
dictate their plans for the region to obama and his team.note the reluctance of obama getting involved in libya and syria and the eagerness
of u.k. and france to get involved in both countries.also note the alliance between turkey and the reactionary forces in the arab world to
confront iran and her allies in the region.

it seems to me that obama and his team have come to the conclusion that iran is the only sane and civilized nation,
with enough power,wealth and manpower,that can be trusted in being the dominant force in the region
.this has alarmed
the semites,both jews and arabs,in the region which are trying very hard to prevent the required rapprochement between
iran and the u.s. for this doctrinve to begin taking shape.turkey is also being left out of the u.s. plan and they are playing
a very confused game with close ties to the reactionary arabs and on the other hand having very troubled relations with the isrealis.
at the same time turkey also knows that iran is the only power they can trust in the region.so it is plausible that they will
pivot towards iran once iran and the u.s. come to an agreement.this is why the republican right wing and the democratic
agents of isrealis in the u.s. policy making apparatus are doing their best to prevent a deal between iran and the u.s.

what is certain is that the u.s. is wrapping up it's involvement in the persian gulf and will not allow under any
circumstances a new conflict with iran in the region.
that is just not financially or militarily in their long term interest and
future pivot towards east asia to deal with a surging china. the $64 question is will iran cooperate in implementing
this new doctrine.at then end it is up to obama and his team need to sweeten the offer a lot for iran to lose their mistrust and become a
trusted partner for the u.s. for the next few decades.

in short, it is now up to obama to be a visionary and make his iran play as nixon did his china play.

as predicted obama is going to be a visionary.the scenario is unfolding as expected.stay tuned for an update after the meetings and other events this week.we should have more clarity by then.