my note on the current global affairs

Oct 18, 2010
the syrian and korean threads have been polluted with too much noise.
as promised i give you my understanding of what is going on in this brief note.

can obama pull a nixon?

we have to look at the world as a whole when analyzing the events in the middle east.
the united states has been the dominant force in that region ever since the uk withdrew their forces
in the early 70s.after vitenam war ended the u.s. pivoted to the persian gulf.the opening of china to
the world by nixon gave the u.s. the freedom to plan their next doctrine which was put into writing by
president carter and his national security team.ever since the u.s. has been operating based on that doctrine
which made the persian gulf and the security of oil supplies it's #1 priority in foreign policy.that doctrine
is coming to an end now.the u.s. is not as dependent on the oil supplies from the persian gulf and in fact
the estimates are that they are going to be totally independent of that oil supply in the near future.hence
the recent pivot/rebalancing towards asia that president obama and his national security team have initiated and which
will be the basis of the next security doctrine for the u.s.

with this new doctrine the u.s. has to wrap up their involvement in the middle east and in particular the persian gulf
and pass the baton to a partner that can provide the security for the region.this is precisely the reason why the arab
spring was put into motion with the support of the u.s. and her allies.also this is why the uk and france were so eager
join in and fill the vacuum that is going to be left by the u.s.absence.the u.s. doctrine is not yet finalized.the isreali firsters
and their wings of both the republican and democratic party in particular are trying to shape the events from their own prespective and
dictate their plans for the region to obama and his team.note the reluctance of obama getting involved in libya and syria and the eagerness
of u.k. and france to get involved in both countries.also note the alliance between turkey and the reactionary forces in the arab world to
confront iran and her allies in the region.

it seems to me that obama and his team have come to the conclusion that iran is the only sane and civilized nation,
with enough power,wealth and manpower,that can be trusted in being the dominant force in the region.this has alarmed
the semites,both jews and arabs,in the region which are trying very hard to prevent the required rapprochement between
iran and the u.s. for this doctrinve to begin taking shape.turkey is also being left out of the u.s. plan and they are playing
a very confused game with close ties to the reactionary arabs and on the other hand having very troubled relations with the isrealis.
at the same time turkey also knows that iran is the only power they can trust in the region.so it is plausible that they will
pivot towards iran once iran and the u.s. come to an agreement.this is why the republican right wing and the democratic
agents of isrealis in the u.s. policy making apparatus are doing their best to prevent a deal between iran and the u.s.

what is certain is that the u.s. is wrapping up it's involvement in the persian gulf and will not allow under any
circumstances a new conflict with iran in the region.that is just not financially or militarily in their long term interest and
future pivot towards east asia to deal with a surging china. the $64 question is will iran cooperate in implementing
this new doctrine.at then end it is up to obama and his team need to sweeten the offer a lot for iran to lose their mistrust and become a
trusted partner for the u.s. for the next few decades.

in short, it is now up to obama to be a visionary and make his iran play as nixon did his china play.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2010
Dont steal other peoples articles and sell it as "your own note on the current global affair"

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/769412.shtml#.UV9CLpM9ETw
exactly what is 'stolen" in my note.i don't see anything in this article that is in what i wrote in my note.

For better or worse, the "pivot to the Asia-Pacific" has gained worldwide attention. This shift in focus away from Europe and the Middle East and toward the Pacific would not only reorganize the broad goals and resources of the US, but it could also reorder the balance of power in East Asia.

It is no wonder, then, that so much attention has been paid to the appointment of more cautious foreign policy leaders at the start of US President Barack Obama's second term.

While it seems that the appointment of John Kerry at the Department of State and Chuck Hagel at the Pentagon indicate a change of heart, it is more likely that the White House is coming to terms with the fact that the Asia pivot will be more difficult than it had initially thought.

While the desire in the White House to refocus on the Pacific remains strong, events in the Middle East will continue to make the pivot more of a dream than a reality.

Since the late 1970s, regional stability and access to energy resources have been at the heart of US policy toward the Middle East, and have been deemed central to the national interest.

The wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were intended to achieve these goals and enhance national security, yet they have only produced contradictory effects. Sectarian politics continue to threaten to pull apart the Iraqi state, and the Taliban will remain influential after the last US troops leave Afghanistan next year.

The rest of the Middle East is not doing any better. The Syrian civil war could become a regional conflict; Iran continues to pursue nuclear weapons, while Israel threatens a preventive strike in response; and the revolutions of the Arab Spring have done little to diffuse long-standing grievances among the region's disaffected.

Any of these problems could turn into nightmare scenarios that would require an US or allied military response, lest they throw the entire region into chaos.

After four years of trying to look past the Middle East and toward an Asian future, the Obama administration seems resigned to the fact that while it cannot fix the Middle East's problems, it cannot ignore them, either. Nor can it hold the region together without substantial help from others.

Thus, Kerry's first trip abroad was more about conferring with European allies than it was about immediately addressing the crises in Syria and Egypt. This is a welcome sign among those on both sides of the Atlantic that wish to see a more constructive and closer cooperation on foreign policy. It was less exciting for those who want to refocus the US gaze on the Pacific.

Even if the Middle East were to stabilize in the next few years, it is uncertain if there is enough domestic support to reprioritize US foreign policy goals. Americans are deeply divided over the future of US foreign policy. Three big ideas, idealism, pragmatism and isolationism, historically push and pull foreign policy in different directions, and the current era is no different.

While Americans deeply desire a consistent "big picture" strategy, their disagreements over what it should be and how to achieve it present one from materializing. The pivot, never fully accepted by all and never truly specified, will continue to be more of a dream than a reality.

Instead of a pivot, we should think of pivotal US interests in Asia. The US needs East and Southeast Asian shipping lanes to be open and unfettered to all. It wants a peaceful resolution to the island disputes among Japan, China, and South Korea, and it has 28,000 soldiers in South Korea that it needs to protect from a nuclear and bellicose North Korea.

These are not just items on a wish list, but are top priorities that are inclined toward the status quo. The good news for the US and Asia is that these pivotal interests can be achieved without a full strategic shift.

Considering the myriad international and domestic challenges that the Obama administration faces, pursing these pivotal interests will be a better alternative to the full pivot.

The author is an assistant professor at American University School of International Service, Washington.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2010
as i noted obama needs a crisis in korea to confront those like the author of the article that was "stolen" by me who want him to continue the full presence of the u.s. in the middle east.hence the recent tickling of the n. korean weirdos to cook up something that will give obama the ability to revive his pivot/rebalancing doctrine towards asia.someone at ap "stole" my idea and write this today:

WASHINGTON (AP) — North Korea's latest outburst of nuclear and military threats has given the U.S. a rare opportunity to build bridges with China — a potential silver lining to the simmering crisis that could revitalize the Obama administration's flagging policy pivot to Asia.

http://news.yahoo.com/nkorea-aggression-could-strengthen-us-china-bond-072505915--politics.html

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Taghiye too knooneshoone :D

My post spotting his stolen article is written at 11:31 PM
He has edited his own first posting at 11:48 PM removing all those parts he had stolen from the link i provided loooool

Bad enghadr ham por rooe ke miaad mige "what exactly is stolen bla bla"

Pedar jaan, its simple, just dont steal other peoples articles and sell it as your own. Try to make use of your own mind and thoughts and if you cant, then just give credit were its due by mentioning the source.

Oct 18, 2010
Taghiye too knooneshoone :D

My post spotting his stolen article is written at 11:31 PM
He has edited his own first posting at 11:48 PM removing all those parts he had stolen from the link i provided loooool

Bad enghadr ham por rooe ke miaad mige "what exactly is stolen bla bla"

Pedar jaan, its simple, just dont steal other peoples articles and sell it as your own. Try to make use of your own mind and thoughts and if you cant, then just give credit were its due by mentioning the source.
precision paranoia persists.
ok, i'm a good sport and play along. which part was it?

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
exactly what is 'stolen" in my note.i don't see anything in this article that is in what i wrote in my note.
In Chinaski bad joori kharAbet kard, man jAyeh shomA boodam yeki do hafteh in dour o barA paydAm nemishod. rAsti shomA aslan fArsi baladi? yA inkeh mA dArim yAsin too gooshet mikhonim?

BTW: In your next plagiarism attempt make sure your copy and paste article matches the V.Bulletin's format. Your copy and paste article's broken sentences, i.e sentences stopping in the middle before reaching the far right of the page was standing out like a sore thump.

Next time edit before clicking submit. Zemnan chand roozi ham esterAhat kon tA hAlet jA byAD. Tefli !!

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
precision paranoia persists.
ok, i'm a good sport and play along. which part was it?
Chinaski caught you fare and square with your hands in cooky jar. As he said your late editing only magnifies your dishonesty. Give it up and don't dig deeper. The deal is sealed.

Oct 18, 2010
BTW: In your next plagiarism attempt make sure your copy and paste article matches the V.Bulletin's format. Your copy and paste article's broken sentences, i.e sentences stopping in the middle before reaching the far right of the page was standing out like a sore thump.

Next time edit before clicking submit.!
sure you are right[stolen sarcastic grin inserted after edit].now if you have anything to say on the note say it otherwise kindly buzz off.
this response applies to your second rant too.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
sure you are right.now if you have anything to say on the note say it otherwise kindly buzz off.
this response applies to your second rant too.
If I had any thing to say I would say it to the original and lawful writer/owner of the article, not to the shop lifting pretender. You have been caught and it is Miller time. :D

Oct 18, 2010
If I had any thing to say I would say it to the original and lawful writer/owner of the article, not to the shop lifting pretender. You have been caught and it is Miller time. :D
now you are miss quoting me as i edited my post inserting a sarcastic grin at your monumental ignorance of technology.again kindly buzz off and let someone with a grasp of what i wrote comment on it.

AFRIRAN

IPL Player
Jun 8, 2010
Some people are not good to write their things so it's ok if he used other articles to explain himself , but..... My problem in bilaakh-haaei-e ke Hassam aghaa paaye post hash mizaareh , daash play boy moraagheb baash gooni peahen behet namaaleh ke taa omr daari paak nemishe baraadar

Oct 18, 2010
Some people are not good to write their things so it's ok if he used other articles to explain himself
i have posted my note and the one allegedly i "stole" it from.if you think i stole anything from that article quote it in my note and in his article or buzz off.
that is if you comprehend english.

that's not too hard to do is it?

Oct 18, 2010
playboy jan... alot of haters here that do not tolerate... just ignore
i guess you are right.i am just concerned about them losing their eyesight as they can not seem to read well.so i am being a good samaritan and pointing a potential health problem to them.