My take on Real Madrid game

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
I saw the 2nd half. As soon as I saw the result at end of 1st 45 mins I knew it is all over. As said it yesterday that if Real can be up 2-0 early in the 1st half then there is a chance otherwise...

Real played too slow for European standards, and insisted in sending through balls when the other team was defending with 11 men! Why not stretch the field and cross the ball? why not play on set pieces or long shots for a change? And what's up with the messed up formation?!

Pellegrini reminds me of Jalal Talebi (I know it is funny). They both seem to know the game but the problem is the personality. They are just too nice to coach big names. A team full of stars needs someone with authority and strong personality. We have seen many times during this season that Real doesn't play like a team.. it is more individual efforts than a team work even in the games that Real have won (except maybe a couple of times). This is mainly due to lack of respect for the coach and his instructions.

The sadest part now is that if you fire the coach whom would you hire?! No good coaches are available. The only 2 persons I can think of now is Zidane (but is he qualified?) and (as I said before) I dont mind the idea of Raul being a coach and a player at the same time. I know it sounds crazy, but people though Barca hiring Pep was crazy too!

If things remain the way they are now, Real might stay close to the 1st place in La Liga and might even reach the round of 8 in CL, but will never win any titles.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Pep Guardiola, before becoming Barca coach, had spent time going through various coaching courses, managed the B team, spent time travelling around the world talking with various big name coaches(Bielsa, Menotti e.g.), studied how Capello and Italian managers in general train and most importantly, he was a coach even as a player.
Zidane even as a player had no clue about tactics and never was a coach, neither Raul.

You would probably get Mancini....and I really pray for that to happen.

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Westi:

When you have big name players you don't really need that mch of tactics.. you need to now how to get them fired up and play at their best. I am not saying Zidane or Raul are great.. but when you have no decent coaches around then anyone who can inspire the players would work.

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
I think Pep's success is mainly due to his personality and hard work. Many coaches (including Pelle) may know more than Pep about coaching and have more experience.. but most of them don't have the charecter. Same goes for Morinho who is not that the most expereicned or smartest coach.. but he knows how to pull the strings.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Westi:

When you have big name players you don't really need that mch of tactics.. you need to now how to get them fired up and play at their best. I am not saying Zidane or Raul are great.. but when you have no decent coaches around then anyone who can inspire the players would work.
sorry, you got it wrong. Football is all about preparation and tactics these days.

I think Pep's success is mainly due to his personality and hard work. Many coaches (including Pelle) may know more than Pep about coaching and have more experience.. but most of them don't have the charecter. Same goes for Morinho who is not that the most expereicned or smartest coach.. but he knows how to pull the strings.
we could argue how good Guardiola would work somewhere outside of Barca but, at least his teammates say that he was a coach all his life, so..

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
sorry, you got it wrong. Football is all about preparation and tactics these days.

QUOTE]

I am not saying tactics are not imortant. I am saying if the coach has no authority then no matter what tactic he uses it wont be implemented properly. I am sure Jalal Talebi knew more about tactics than you and me.. but his team in Asian cup 2000 was a disaster despite all the big names, because he could not manage the egos.

So if you want to assign numbers to merits, I would say the character of the coach is 65% and his knowledge of the game is 35%.

shayanm

Bench Warmer
Nov 1, 2006
One word: predictable.
when Alcorcon can defend like that against them then a top European team will easily beat Madrid.

I just cant see this team winning the CL, they still have a good chance at la liga because we all know the smaller teams have little chance to beat Madrid with this talented squad so they will stay close to Barca and Barca is more likely tolose points because of players being tired after a long season and even longer one this season.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
I am not saying tactics are not imortant. I am saying if the coach has no authority then no matter what tactic he uses it wont be implemented properly. I am sure Jalal Talebi knew more about tactics than you and me.. but his team in Asian cup 2000 was a disaster despite all the big names, because he could not manage the egos.

So if you want to assign numbers to merits, I would say the character of the coach is 65% and his knowledge of the game is 35%.
Well, you see, this is kind of the problem Pellegrini faces.
Obviously he knows just as every coach knows these days that winning games is about preparing well and having the right tactics. Obviously if you have too many egos or too many players that are too offensive/too many attackers, building a team and playing rigurous tactics is difficult.
Building a team with many attacking players/lack of balance and 5 new players however is almost impossible.
In the last rounds he managed to build a decent team that works around Kaka and given that Ronaldo's role was before and is also now free of tactical rigour(his main job is to put the ball in the net), right now he had a team, where Ronaldo and Kaka would fit in, which would be a process taking months usually.
The thing is that the guy has character, but no one in this world would have enough character to get all these players work together.
Even Mourinho had a fall out with Sheva and Terry. Look at the player Mourinho signed as an example. They were all hungry, all were tactically drilled or open minded about tactics, all had a chip on their shoulder to prove people wrong.
Obviously, it was going to be difficult for Pellegrini but like I said, I don't think anyone could have done better. Besides, Madrid had a good enough team already last season. Just the addition of either Kaka and Ronaldo would have been enough to have a very good team.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
One word: predictable.
when Alcorcon can defend like that against them then a top European team will easily beat Madrid.

I just cant see this team winning the CL, they still have a good chance at la liga because we all know the smaller teams have little chance to beat Madrid with this talented squad so they will stay close to Barca and Barca is more likely tolose points because of players being tired after a long season and even longer one this season.
CL is about the draw you get, momentum, and winning 4-5 games. By March, the team will know each other well enough. Right now Chelsea is probably the best team in the world but who knows what it will be in May.

The more I think the more I lose faith. As a fan I am so sad and am not in a good mood today. I already had a few arguments with friends and coworkers on non football related matters.
What is putting us in a deeper misery is nothing but the wrong mentality of catching barca and taking them over their success they’ve been achieving in the last 5-6 years. It’s like those who are in charge of the club have something to prove to the fans and particularly the media.
Barca is not Madrid and Madrid cannot be Barca. As of right now Barca is on a right track and we are getting derailed over and over by chasing them. Having big names is not the problem but the way of thinking and integrating big guns with no brand players is what separate Barca with Madrid.
Those who say Pellegrini is the right man can probably tell who did he bring from the youth team and what happened to Granero and Negredo or maybe Parejo or even Soldado? Who did he invite from the youth team so far ? Why Raul should start every game? Are you trying to making our Hero a Zero? I ask the same question from Perez. What happened to all promises? Aren’t you going to stay in the club for years to come? Mr Valdano why did you get rid of Robben and Sneijder? What takes a player to be a perfect madridista? Loving the club and the jersey was not enough for you? Sneijder left Bernabeu crying. We lost to Alcorcon fine but still not too late as we have 10 more CL games and 29 League games to play. Let’s hope for better

Attachments

Last edited:

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Akhe azizam, whom should he invite from the youth team and on what basis?
he is in charge for 3 months now, the youth team plays some football based on whatever structure, but not what he plays. Let's take a youth player up, he comes in and he doesn't even know what his team mates play and what others do.
You know who the last Madrid youth player was who established himself in the first team? It was Casillas.
Granero...cool..where should he have played yesterday?

You know who the last Madrid youth player was who established himself in the first team? It was Casillas.
Granero...cool..where should he have played yesterday?
Casillas was established because they needed him at the time otherwise he wouldn't be be where he is right now. Are you telling Madrid had no talent since 1999 ? Where is negredo ? where is mata ? and 100 others? were they given enough time to prove themselves ?

Granero...cool..where should he have played yesterday
EXCEUSE ME, If you have to field 11 players and stick with it through out the 90 minutes regardless the result then I am more than glad to take over pell's job ....

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Casillas was established because they needed him at the time otherwise he wouldn't be be where he is right now. Are you telling Madrid had no talent since 1999 ? Where is negredo ? where is mata ? and 100 others? were they given enough time to prove themselves ?
That's not the point. The point is that in all clubs that are succesful in promoting youth players, you have one football played throughout, so when a youth player comes up, he knows exactly what he is playing and what his role is, as it's the same role as in the youth teams but just on a higher level. That's why Barca can bring in Jonathan Dos Santos, Busquets and others. That's why Pellegrini at Villareal could promote Cazorla and others.
Madrid's youth team plays probably 4-2-3-1. What is say the leftback from Madrid castilla supposed to do coming up and playing in Pellegrini's 4-4-2-2-2?

Madrid had just as many talents as Barca btw. With Barca however at some point we needed to promote youth players and later could afford to promote youth.

EXCEUSE ME, If you have to field 11 players and stick with it through out the 90 minutes regardless the result then I am more than glad to take over pell's job ....
Well, but it's not only about that. Like I said, it's all about tactics. One major question Pellegrini has to find out first would be whether when not in possesion, his team defends with 9, 10 or 11 behind the ball.

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Besides, Madrid had a good enough team already last season. Just the addition of either Kaka and Ronaldo would have been enough to have a very good team.
I have to agree with your last sentence. Real had a good team.. they just needed 3-4 players (Kaka, Ronaldo, and a couple of defenders).. But the management of Real reminds me of those rich people who don't know what to do with all the money they got!

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
I have to agree with your last sentence. Real had a good team.. they just needed 3-4 players (Kaka, Ronaldo, and a couple of defenders).. But the management of Real reminds me of those rich people who don't know what to do with all the money they got!
you see, why did they get rid of Sneijder? Sneijder was an excellent player for Pellegrini's system and he was the best player on set pieces Madrid had. Look at Xabi Alonso at freekicks and corners...terrible!