My thoughts on the game (now that I am over the loss)

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
First Congratulations to Barca on the win..

Now that the pain has eased I have these few points to share:

1- Barca deserved to win because they are thebetter team, and because Real didn't play with the same attitude that they played with in the last 2 games. Against a team like Barca you have to be focused for 90 minutes (or 120 mins) and kill yourself for every single ball. That is pretty much what Real did in the 2nd leg of el classico and Copa final and it worked. Howvere in the game last night Real played as if they were playing Valencia or Sevilla (big mistake).

2- I was surprized that everone (including Barca fans) were talking as if the win is guaranteed for Madrid. You never take a team lightly even if it was a weak one (remeber Iran-Bahrain 2001?) let alone a powerful team like Barca. If you enter a game with such an attitude then you can never change it during the game. It never works that way. I play football and I know!

3- The red card for Pepe was a joke. In a tense game like this you dont red card a player for such a tackle. If it was just any league game MAYBE i would have understood, but here hmm! Having said that, Madrid never looked like a team that was going to win last night even with 11 men. It was going to end 0-0 at best and Barca was going to go through on aggregate in any case. The only sad part for a fan like me is that you dont want to be humiliated infront of you home crowd like that, other than that I am ok with the aggregate loss because (as I said several times before) Barca is still the best team in Europe.

4- And yes Messi is the difference. Now you can argue as much as you like, but I would never believe that Barca could win all these trophies in the past 2 years (including this years upcoming CL) without Messi. I mean Xavi can dribble and send nice passes left and right, and Alves can send 100 crosses a game.. but who on earth can finish games like Messi did last night? So please no more crap about "it is not all about Messi" cuz if it is not all about him then it is mainly about him!! :p

5- As I have said before, Barca is just another team when it comes to dirty plays. I am not saying they are more dirty than any team, it is just that when you are winning 99% of your games then you don't really have time to play dirty. For the first time in the past 3 years Barca saw itself as the underdog and under a lot of pressure, and the result was: play acting, dirty tricks, bitching to the ref... etc like any other team on this planet. All that changed in min 70 because there was no need for it anymore! So you can't really defend the "class" argument here.

6- I really hated the atmosphere around this game before it even starts. All the BS in media and the fights and name calling between coaches and players (for God sake this is just a game, not a war.. I don't even want to win a game if it takes this much hatred and dirty talks before it starts). I swear I would not been that happy with a win for Madrid just because of this point, it is really not worth it.

Anyhow, I would not call it a bad season for Madrid (if u exclude the 5-0) given the amount of injuries at the beginning and also a new coach.. plus Copa del Rey is not a bad thing after all. So we are happy with this cup for now, and you guys enjoy the league and the CL (yes Manchester has no chance). See you next season :)

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
I don't really know if he is the right one or not. As I said early in the season I want Madrid to stick to a coach for at least 3-4 years especially now that we have a young and good team. I feel we only need a very few changes in this team ( bring in some new young players with likes or ozil and di Maria)and we should be ok even if we don't win anything next year also. If we keep Jose then let's have him for awhile, but to be honest as much as I like him, I don't mind him leaving just for the sake of focusing on the game rather than sides issues and bs on media. Many coaches say many things which r much worse that what Jose says but no cares but for some reason whatever he says it is magnified and considered unclassy etc. For that exact reason I dont mind him leaving and if I see one more season of this media bs I wud stop following the Spanish league. It's really disgusting.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
6- I really hated the atmosphere around this game before it even starts. All the BS in media and the fights and name calling between coaches and players (for God sake this is just a game, not a war.. I don't even want to win a game if it takes this much hatred and dirty talks before it starts). I swear I would not been that happy with a win for Madrid just because of this point, it is really not worth it.
Only one person to blame for this.

Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Only one person to blame for this.
As I said many coaches say bs but as soon as Jose says something even if it's a normal thing then suddenly it's all over the media. I think it's just that the media wants to fill it's pages with something and they found a good feast mourinho. I remember pep saying that if we beat shakhtar then we are in the final. Ok everyone is entitled to his opinion, but imagine if Jose had said that! Ur a smart guy so u do the math!