My Torontonian fellows ....

First of all, Where Do I get the best kale pache & Haleem in Toronto? overall What's the best restaurant these days? so far I have tried Shomal, Gilaneh , Darbar . I like to try something new and like to know your verdict. Shomal was so good but I guess they changed their cooking staff and went from hero to zero. Gilaneh and Darbar are on the same levels just Darbar is more pricey. anyways, Jasmin Sandwich must the best thing out of the Iranian community in Toronto. I tried their roast beef sandwich as it was just divine. They have a rating of 4.8

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
For sandwiches nothing beat Chef Burger at Yonge and 16th (you'll want to move to Toronto after eating their stuff).

For Kalleh Pacheh, we've been making our own for years now so I don't know.

For Kabab and such, Shatter Abbas has the best Kabab but not the best restaurant. For overall quality, there's a newer restaurant called Divan at Yonge and 16th that's not bad. It's not top-notch but overall it passes.

There's a restaurant I really want you (and anyone reading this) to try. I'm not kidding. You will go absolutely insane after having their food. The restaurant is called Baran and is actually Turkish. http://barans.ca/ Their food is beyond this world. Try to go on a weekend. Their live music is pretty decent too. Order their 'mix platter for two' and thank me for a lifetime.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I never get iranians traveling some place only to go discover other iranian businesses in that city.

if your residence is in the middle of Alabama, I can see how you would be excited to checkout a kababi in San Fernando valley.

but really if you live in California, you are still going oversees chasing Iranian food?

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I never get iranians traveling some place only to go discover other iranian businesses in that city.

if your residence is in the middle of Alabama, I can see how you would be excited to checkout a kababi in San Fernando valley.

but really if you live in California, you are still going oversees chasing Iranian food?
I personally hate big cities, but I live in one. If you live in places like Toronto, New York, London, Boston, LA, San Fran and any giant metropolis with many immigrants, there's really no "new" food type to discover anywhere else. These cities have it all and often in good quality (competition).

If I travel to Thailand, other than street-food, there's really nothing else that I don't have easy access to in Toronto. Same with Chinese food, Caribbean food, Middle Eastern, French, Italian, whatever. It's only natural for us to be curious about Iranian dwellings in other cities.

And Toronto is known for its good food and variety. I didn't know this, but apparently lots of tourists come here to eat! LOL!

I hear you. I do and I can make every single dish on this planet, believe me, and Where I live there are thousands of fine and mid-range restaurants. cuisine but I always like to eat my chelokabab in a Restuarant or it's just a different experience when I go to a burger joint for a burger or a sandwich. overall it's not for the food it's more for the fun of it.

Last edited:
Oct 18, 2010
do they have sandis in these restaurants?
i can not get it in la grocery stores.
loved the pomegranate one i had in iran.
with some vodka of course.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
do they have sandis in these restaurants?
i can not get it in la grocery stores.
loved the pomegranate one i had in iran.
with some vodka of course.
Ey Sandis khor ساندیس خور loool
As you know yourself the best place to get a Sandis +Cakes is to participate in the 22 Bahman gathering or anti American rallies in Iran. :)

ذوق زدگی یک مزدور ساندیس خور مقیم خارج برای پاچه خواری در ایام ۲۲ بهمن

Last edited: