MY TRUE ASHURA dates are ...

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
This is when i cry and shed tears. lets see if you even know what happened on thease days

1- 18 April 1955 :(
2- 11 March 1955 :(
3- 18 October 1931 :(

I can go on forever, the dates above and many more are when people should walk in streets and cry. I am sure 90% of those who walk in street and scream Hossein Hossein, would NOT even be ALIVE if it wasnt because of those who died on above mention dates.

Asus

Bench Warmer
Jul 24, 2004
Montreal Canada
i dont want to sound ignorant , but i think 18 april 1955 einstein died , and 11 march 1055
was the date that the penicillin dude died , but 18 october 1931 !?

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
Asus jaan, i am glad to see you know 2 of 3 :) bytheway his name is not penicillin dude :D its "Sir Alexander Fleming", i was reading an article on him and they estimate he has saved over 10 mil. lives !!! now you tell me, should we cry for someone who went to WAR with 72 women and childeren and died, or someone who saved over 10mil. lives??? i let you guys think about it.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
Good one. What did Emam hossein do for people that we should remember his death
compare to Edison?

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
why do you mourn the day of their death?
nevermind...I don't understand why you mourn the death of anyone..
but a scientist usually can deliver until the age of about 40 or something...there are hardly any new scientific breakthroughs by people older than 40(mendel being one exception..)..so why mourn their death?

I would e.g. understand if you mourn the death of Galois....because he died with 23 and could have pushed mathematics further for let's say 20 years...or maybe even Kafka, because he could have given us more classic novels..
but really...Fleming and Einstein had little to deliver and death is something we all will face once....so why bother?

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
westwienmaskulin said:
why do you mourn the day of their death?
nevermind...I don't understand why you mourn the death of anyone..
but a scientist usually can deliver until the age of about 40 or something...there are hardly any new scientific breakthroughs by people older than 40(mendel being one exception..)..so why mourn their death?

I would e.g. understand if you mourn the death of Galois....because he died with 23 and could have pushed mathematics further for let's say 20 years...or maybe even Kafka, because he could have given us more classic novels..
but really...Fleming and Einstein had little to deliver and death is something we all will face once....so why bother?
100% agree, but dont you think if people cut their head open to pay respect to some dude who died 1400 years ago doing NOTHING for humanity. instead we should pay abit of respect NOT mourn, but RESPECT those who saved many lives???

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
I don't want to get much into the hossein stuff...I just think that no matter how you look at him and what your opinion on eslam in general is, he means a lot to certain people..

and actually I believe we should respect ALL human beings who did something good for the world no matter how little it was, therefore specially those mentioned above.

however, I don't see the connection between respect for scientists and admiration of emam hossein.

should we respect those scientists, because people cut their head during ashoora...or should we respect them, because they did a lot for humanity?

sidenote: now whether one believes the hossein stories or not is another issue..however given the stories told about hossein, he stood for "no sellout" and wasn't scared of his life for something he believed in. at least, that's the official version. we could argue how much this means for humanity and what service it had...but to me he seems like a brave man who had his ideals. he put the truth about everything else....and that's at least has some role model function in terms of ethics in today's society.

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
personally i wished the hell that penicilin dude had not invented the crap. we are paying for that dearly.
over population to mention one and then we the ppl are ammune to the crap now which has caused for new versions of the same germs to develope themselves and be totally protected by the so-called antibiotics!

if he had foresaw the effect he would never devolge his discovery.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
meyti said:
personally i wished the hell that penicilin dude had not invented the crap. we are paying for that dearly.
over population to mention one and then we the ppl are ammune to the crap now which has caused for new versions of the same germs to develope themselves and be totally protected by the so-called antibiotics!

if he had foresaw the effect he would never devolge his discovery.
are you kidding me? LOL ! this was the funniest thing i ever heard in my life ! are you a Dr. ?