Name ur top collegae basketball teams...

Dec 12, 2002
usa
March madness is on the corner ,trully one of the most exciting sporting events which it would draw alot of attention .
now please name your 6 top best college basketball teams for this year tournament .

Dec 12, 2002
usa
OH OH ,Maryland ? ,do they really have a chance ? .
anyhow you never know in college basketball ,that's beauty of it .

arashinho

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Berkeleyish
here are the teams with the best chance of winning the whole thing:
illinois, unc (i would give anything to have these guys lose in the first or second round)

my favorites:
duke, ucla (no chance), arizona (stoudamire is incredible) and georgia tech

maryland will not make the tournament, they might win the nit though.

arashinho

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Berkeleyish
no way maryland gets in, not that i would mind another acc team in there. but they have been terrible this year. lose to clemson 3 times?????

and also ucla and g.tech are definitely not favorites to win the whole thing.

Payam

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
Earth
www.iransportspress.com
arashinho said:
no way maryland gets in, not that i would mind another acc team in there. but they have been terrible this year. lose to clemson 3 times?????

and also ucla and g.tech are definitely not favorites to win the whole thing.
i agree, maryland played terrable this year..

arashinho

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Berkeleyish
i don't know what happened to md this year. they could have finished top four in the acc. i like what gary williams has done there. i've also heard a major problem has been the attitude of certain players like gilchrist. i think they will be much much better next year.

Payam

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
Earth
www.iransportspress.com
I agree, they are still a bunch of young kids. Gilchrist was a great player in the last ACC tornement, he did everything, but after the beginning of this season where he started out averaging over 20 points over a number of games, he started to score in the single digits, and sometimes barely in the teens. He needs to pick it up.

Chris McCray i think was in a little slump and picked it up at the end of the season where he started to get 20 point games. He is the best three point threat the Terps have but he did not shoot well from there in the beginning.

And I also think Maryland's frontcourt is pretty small. I like Garrison and Ibekwe, but they need somebody bigger. Garrision is a very good jump shooter for his size, and I like that, but in games he gets into foul trouble.

Caner-Medely i just don't like. Even though he carried the Terps in some games, i just hate his style of play. His mentality is basically look to shoot first and pass last. And he has terrible shot selection.

I relate Caner-Medely to Carmelo Anthony. Melo' is my favorite player, but he is averaging under .410 shooting! he was 4-16 last night! COME ON! But last night was another story, most of his shots were from inside 5 feet, which is the sad part.

Melo! You are my man! You were raised in my hometown, went to the school I almost went to, and put up 34 points against LeBron, and went to a college i like.

Jan 29, 2004
At the moment Arizona becasue I have picked them to win it all this year ;)
But my real favorite teams are Cal & UCSB :)

Payam we are from the same 'hood I used to live in Pleasent Hill for a while :D

Oct 15, 2004
Chief said:
At the moment Arizona becasue I have picked them to win it all this year ;)
But my real favorite teams are Cal & UCSB :)

Payam we are from the same 'hood I used to live in Pleasent Hill for a while :D
oh nice. . .ya im from moraga and i go to UCSC right now