Name your top 5 striker THIS season among all EUROPEAN leagues.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Not counting Messi as a 'striker':

1. Wayne Rooney - hands down best striker in the EPL atm, is having his best season ever (at least goal-wise)
2. David Villa - even though he's not at a top team (Barça/Chelsea etc. calibre), he's still 2nd topscorer of La Liga (behind Messi); this guy is again proving that he's one of the most prolific strikers out there.
3. Zlatan Ibrahimovic - has fit well in the machine called Barça, can not only score goals but also allows others to score.
4. Luis Suárez - extremely irritating player (for non-Ajax fans) and the Eredivisie is nowhere near the top European leagues, but this guy has just been fantastic this season, scoring goals left and right and basically being Ajax's whole attack. He has a big future at the top.
5. Didier Drogba - been impressive the couple times I've seen him play + I couldn't think of anyone else (maybe Higuaín).:D

Van Persie would probably have made it if he didn't get injured.

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
In order for a striker to be among the top ones in the world in my book, he needs to score on regular basis, specially in most difficult situations and against most difficult opponents and I stress the words "on regular basis"! One or 2 goals in one or 2 important games (well, important from the fans point of view), doesn't make a striker among the top ones in the world, no matter if he plays for the best team or not. I guess all the hypes and ads in the media do their work perfectly for Zlatan. But ofcourse you and your games are also exposed more when you play for a team like Barca/Inter than smaller teams.

who gives a fuck about sweden and their national team anyway?
I'm sure Zlatan does. ;)

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
In order for a striker to be among the top ones in the world in my book, he needs to score on regular basis, specially in most difficult situations and against most difficult opponents and I stress the words "on regular basis"! One or 2 goals in one or 2 important games (well, important from the fans point of view), doesn't make a striker among the top ones in the world, no matter if he plays for the best team or not. I guess all the hypes and ads in the media do their work perfectly for Zlatan. But ofcourse you and your games are also exposed more when you play for a team like Barca/Inter than smaller teams.
Yeah right, but the point is that Zlatan scored 11 goals in 15 games, which given that he hasn't scored in 4 means he scored 11 in 11. Apart of that, of those 11 goals 6 were the first goal of the game and 3 were the second. More important than that, he also has 6 or 7 assists. Much more important than that, thanks to him Messi got more goals too, because there were at least 2-3 scoring opportunities for him, where he just passed the ball to Messi to score because he is a generous cool motherfucker.
Even more important than that, he is the daddy of Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema and everyone else. even much more important than that, he is the PIMP of all Brazilian strikers. But what is the most important aspect is that he is a witty, cool motherfucker, with balls bigger than Southern America and a great unselfish teammate.
That's what REALLY matters.

I'm sure Zlatan does. ;)
No, even he doesn't give a fuck. The point that he retired or always did his best to be sent home and everything else kind of proves the point. he doesn't give a fuck to play with Smorebrod and Surstromming

Anyway Zlatan >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Brazil >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anyone else

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
LOOOOOOOOOL...

well, assisting is important but for a striker it's not more important than scoring. Zlatan being non-selfish and generous, passing Messi is one way to put it, another way would be in order to avvoid messing yet "another" good opportunity up, you can put the responsibility on Messi's shoulders. After all, the "south American" is the one who knows how to score goals, eventhough he's not a full striker. ;) I wonder how many of those 11 goals where actually scored against big teams.

But it doesn't matter, whenever Zlatan started to score goals on regular basis against big teams in the "champion's league" then you have a case. Whenever Zlatan could do this against a team like Chelsea in the champion's league in an away game, then we can talk! ;)

[video=youtube;jo8o3oHSapE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jo8o3oHSapE[/video]

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
LOOOOOOOOOL...

well, assisting is important but for a striker it's not more important than scoring. Zlatan being non-selfish and generous, passing Messi is one way to put it, another way would be in order to avvoid messing yet "another" good opportunity up, you can put the responsibility on Messi's shoulders. After all, the "south American" is the one who knows how to score goals, eventhough he's not a full striker. ;) I wonder how many of those 11 goals where actually scored against big teams.

But it doesn't matter, whenever Zlatan started to score goals on regular basis against big teams in the "champion's league" then you have a case. Whenever Zlatan could do this against a team like Chelsea in the champion's league, then we can talk! ;)
and that's exactly the point...you have no clue about football. whether he scores or helps his teammates score, is irrelevant as long as the team wins. and you obviously don't watch football, because whenever he put Messi through with a pass, Messi was simply in a better scoring opportunity. So have fun with your useless samba dancing asshole players. I prefer the gypsy.

Regarding the 11 goals, 1 scored against Madrid, 1 against Atletico, 1 against Espanyol, 1 against Depor...Eto'o never really scored against either Atletico or Espanyol btw.

Btw. funny enough, Zlatan and Ronaldinho are the same age but Zlatan still has a career, while Ronaldinho's career is OVER. LOOOOL! So much for everything else.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Last time I checked Ronaldinho was playing in Milan and their coach was pleased with him, saying he's working hard. Now whether he'll come back to his old form or not, is another thing.

Anyways Athletico and Espanyol are big teams? How about Xerez? Is that a big team too?

As long as team wins everything is alright, no matter how many perfect chances the striker will miss? Now see...you are winning now, but there will also come a time when you are very much dependent that your striker scores goals on his own chances. That's when you can not trust in a player like Zlatan. and yeah, I've seen enough of Barcelona's games and Zlatan's games for that matter, to see how many perfect chances per game he usually misses. But I guess you know all about football and you're not biased and emotional for your team's player at all. The same way you wanted the old and lousy Mahdavikia and Hashemian back in TM when their own clubs didn't even want them anymore. well..you also good luck with your ways of thinking.

Last edited:

Madridista

IPL Player
Sep 25, 2005
and that's exactly the point...you have no clue about football. whether he scores or helps his teammates score, is irrelevant as long as the team wins. and you obviously don't watch football, because whenever he put Messi through with a pass, Messi was simply in a better scoring opportunity. So have fun with your useless samba dancing asshole players. I prefer the gypsy.

Regarding the 11 goals, 1 scored against Madrid, 1 against Atletico, 1 against Espanyol, 1 against Depor...Eto'o never really scored against either Atletico or Espanyol btw.

Btw. funny enough, Zlatan and Ronaldinho are the same age but Zlatan still has a career, while Ronaldinho's career is OVER. LOOOOL! So much for everything else.
mahdi if zlatan didn't come to barca your opinion of him wouldn't of changed!

now all of a sudden his a striking god...the guy waste's so many chances it not funny! And for someone with his height, he has a poor aerial ability.

also how can you question Brazilian football??

'samba dancing asshole players' WTF?! Have you forgotten you have the best right back in the world?!!

They are the kings of football

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Last time I checked Ronaldinho was playing in Milan and their coach was pleased with him, saying he's working hard. Now whether he'll come back to his old form or not, is another thing.
WOOOOOW....he is playing in MILAN!!! :D

Anyways Athletico and Espanyol are big teams? How about Xerez? Is that a big team too?
No, but he didn't score against Xerez because he didn't play them. Anyway, he can only score against teams he faces and like I said, Eto'o always failed to score against either of the two. And btw. by tradition, fans and achievements, Atletico is Spain's 3rd biggest club and Espanyol the 8th.

As long as team wins everything is alright, no matter how many perfect chances the striker will miss? Now see...you are winning now, but there will also come a time when you are very much dependent that your striker scores goals on his own chances. That's when you can not trust in a player like Zlatan. and yeah, I've seen enough of Barcelona's games and Zlatan's games for that matter, to see how many perfect chances per game he usually misses. But I guess you know all about football and you're not biased and emotional for your team's player at all. The same way you wanted the old and lousy Mahdavikia and Hashemian back in TM when their own clubs didn't even want them anymore. well..you also good luck with your ways of thinking.
The fact is however, that, just as an example, the goal he scored against Madrid was technically a piece of art and difficult to score, as it was direct, with his weaker foot and it was a great piece of positioning sense.
So, like I said, you really got no clue what you are talking about and as long as you have the belief that Robinho is better than Messi, which you claimed back in the days and Messi is nothing special, I prefer to not believe a single word you say about football. :D

why not Messi ? The league top scorer
Does Messi play for Barcelona or not? I said Non-Barca players. If I should include Barca players, it's

1. Messi
2. Ibra
3. Pedro
4. Henry
5. Bojan Krkic

When worst comes to worst my people come first ;)