NBA Playoffs 2005 - Discussion Thread

Arian

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2004
Seattle
Here's the first set of results from yesterday, April 23.

Phil 87 @ Det 106 - Det. leads series 1-0
Houston 98 @ Dallas 86 - Hous. leads series 1-0
Indiana 82 @ Boston 102 - Bos. leads series 1-0
Sacramento 82 @ Seattle 87 - Seat. leads series 1-0

Iverson had a double-double, but apparantly he can't do everything by himself.
Indiana got crushed, and I'm happy :).

Now I want the Heat to lose today, and Phoenix & Denver to win.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
is it sure that shaq ain't gonna play? then I hardly doubt that D-Wade will pull out a 30 plus game against jason kidd and new jersey should eventually make it.

if Miami is out in the first round, then Detroit should win it again. they got D, depth, and big men...everything you need for a title.

arashinho

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Berkeleyish
you gotta love the way detroit plays, very unselfish, tough defense, and very confident. i have never liked shaq and i hope the heat lose. apparently he will play in the first game and richard jefferson might be back for the nets which will make them much better. i am happy the bulls made the playoffs (with duhon starting at point). i would like either detroit or NJ to come out of the east and phoenix out of the west. hope that the nuggets beat the spurs.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
well, I'm no fan of Shaq's style of playing either, but I gotta admit that he is dominant, plus everyone playing next to him seems to play good..so there gotta be something about him.
Anyway..the main reason I root for heat is that Zo gets a ring.

I love the way Pistons play...that's my preferred type of Basketball. And I really hope that AI finally joins some team with a chance for a title.

Nov 29, 2002
westwienmaskulin said:
well, I'm no fan of Shaq's style of playing either, but I gotta admit that he is dominant, plus everyone playing next to him seems to play good..so there gotta be something about him.
Anyway..the main reason I root for heat is that Zo gets a ring.

I love the way Pistons play...that's my preferred type of Basketball. And I really hope that AI finally joins some team with a chance for a title.
LOL are you sure you're from Austria?

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Dr Strangemoosh said:
LOL are you sure you're from Austria?
yeah..but as a kid growing up(age 10-14) I was a big NBA fan..(Knicks were my favourite team, John Starks and Charley Oakley my favourite players)
I cared back then probably more for NBA than I care now for football in general.
Nothing compares though to how much I care for Barca. ;)

I still got a Knicks Cheerleaders poster from 94-95 on my wall which my cousin brought me from New York back then...

good old days!

Nov 29, 2002
cool, we dont get exposed to nba here in uk so most british know nothing about it at all.
I actually quite like basketball i wish they showed more here. Even if it is college stuff.
My favourite team was the Sonics! LOL! Havent followed them since 1996 though

Farzadoo

Bench Warmer
Oct 22, 2002
Washington DC
No one is talking about my beloved Wizards. We killed the Baby Bulls in DC and just simply have to even the series tonight. I feel like the Wiz can sneak one by the Bulls in chicago and win the series, but they were 0-4 vs the heat this year and will lose that series no matter what.

Farzadoo

Bench Warmer
Oct 22, 2002
Washington DC
HOW BOUT THEM WIZARDS.... They gave me a scare last night, but Gilbert's jumper took care of the Bulls in chicago. We should be able to finish them off here at the "phone booth" (MCI center)

PouyaFatemi

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
Dallas, Tx
How about them Mavericks! Killing the rockets with 40 points difference, the most in history of nba playoffs!!!

Now it's time to slaughter my former most favorite player and the current MVP (well-deserved): Steve Nash. (Stevie, you shouldn't have left Dallas!!! )

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
this would be the first time in history, at least history I remember, that the team with the best offense but close to 0 defense wins the title.
phoenix game is unbelievable...and it's also almost out of this world how bad they defend.