NBA Playoffs 2005 - Discussion Thread

A

Arian(ISP)

Although I like both teams but I was tired of the media talking about the Pacers sweep by Pistons. I was happy to see Indy do good against Detroit last night.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
pacers had an unbelievable game..it's a pity ron artest ain't playing. with him, the east would have 3 title contenders.
Ben Wallace had a rather poor game..which leads me to Miami should win the league this season without much trouble.

A

Arian(ISP)

you think Miami will win it? I would like them to win actually but what about the Spurs man. They are suffocating Seathle right now. If Pistons make it to Eastern finals vs Miami, I want Miami to win. After the brawl and the unjust season long suspension of Artest, I just don't want Pistons to win crap anymore. David Stern issued a really harsh punisment for Artest. I just wished Reggie could win a ring. He truly deserves it :(

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
I give Heat the edge over Spurs. Spurs are fine, Duncan great player, their team has more depth now, Ginobili is really fine, Parker is really fine..Nazr Mohammad plays ok..

But I give the edge to Miami. Miami has a Van Gundy, Miami has a good bench, Miami's starting five is pretty fine, Dwayne Wade doesn't play like a second season player, plus there's still the Shaq Attack. Shaq is out to prove that he was behind the Lakers fame, plus he has a team of players who haven't won anything yet. I believe in pro sports in hungry athletes.
That's why I strongly believe in Miami.

A

Arian(ISP)

Who knows, maybe that is the case which is actually an awesome outcome for the Heat. I would be happy for Wade and Shaq and their coach if they won the whole thing. If they meet the Piston in E. Finals, I would be supporting the Heat 100%. But if Pacers make it *unlikely:(* then I've had to support my home team instead. I agree "Timmy" is playing solid but I just never liked his style of basketball. To me he plays a solid yet boring basketball while Ginobli is just fun to watch and he can deliver 20+ points any given night by coming off the bench.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
yeah...timmi is really boring to watch, but he is really effective.
manu is great....he will make it far.
however, I have more hopes in Miami than in any other team. could be wrong too, but I also felt last season that one of Indiana or Pistons will win the title(once Pistons played in finals, I knew it's gonna be pistons). too bad I didn't bet on them. :D

A

Arian(ISP)

I remember you were rooting for Pistons and their big "D". For some strange reason, and I know everybody is saying Pistons this Pistons that, but I don't have the feeling that they are going to win a title this year. Even if they make it all the way to the finals, I don't think they are going to win the ring this year.

Heat Spurs final. Both Wade and Parker are exlposive players. They drive to the basket like no tomorrow and they are both good passers as well. They both have a good vision of the court and can find open players here and there. I think a Spurs Hear final would be really fun to watch. While Spurt vs. Pistons final would be mostly half court basketball and with both team playing solid defense to neutralize the other's offense. Well, we just have to wait and see what happens in the semis first.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
spurs-pistons would be something close to a disaster regards entertainment.
well...pistons last season had things a championship team needs: Good D, good bench, good center, good coach, hungry players. plus they profited from lakers being a mess. that's why I somehow felt Pistons would win it. But in the same way, Indiana should have won it too.

Now this season, I would say that they have an (equally) strong(er) opponent in the east with Miami and for reasons mentioned, I would give Heat the edge over Spurs.
my dream final is still Heat-Suns...but I somehow feel Spurs will make it in the west.

Arian

Elite Member
Oct 28, 2004
Seattle
yup
they got beat up by Sonics last night...

did you see how awful Duncan was?

and how cold Ginoble was?

:)

that's the inconsistency I'm talking about..

ANYWAYS.. THE MVP led the Suns to a big win tonight at Dallas..

GO SUNS!

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
good game by suns....amare...wonderful game...steve nash MVP as usual.

however, even better is pacers leading with 2-1! :D

man....this team would have gone places with Ron Artest. Next year...they gonna kick ass!