NBA playoffs

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
A bit late but overwhelmed by Rondo's incredible game last night...however..

Why didn't Wade give thanks to David Stern post game? I don't get it...I have never ever in my entire life seen a game where every damn big and wrong decision went for only one team. Usually refs fuck up in a way that one team has at least 1-2 decisions for them, but EVERY decision?

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
Sometimes I wonder if we are wasting our time watching these games, they seem fixed through referees. they control the flow and the momentum so easily.
if Boston win both games at home, they be right back in it so I am not gonna count them all out just yet.

It would be really nice if San Anton and Boston make it to the Finals, because that would mean that the Commissioner's favorite teams, OKC and Mimai, have lost.. and I hate whatever the Commissioner likes. He is the asshole that blocked the deal on Chris Paul to the Lakers, other wise we be watching one of the best playoff series in recent memory between San Anton and the Lakers. I wonder how disappointed the Commissioner would be not to see his favorite teams play the finals.

anyways, I don't think anyone can beat SA

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
2 games in a row, fucking refs have always been ridiculous in the NBA and it's so obvious all the time

Honestly I said it a long time ago, the NBA is nothing but an overrated marketing machine for creating superstars. The team with the more marketable stars always gets the calls. Michael Jordan really was the worst thing to happen to the NBA in that sense.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Speaking of Spurs..honestly..hope I don't jinx them, but if I ever wanted to teach anyone basketball, I would just give them 3 DVDs of Spurs game and tell them "Watch!".

Incredible...

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
We had an NBA thread when season began, but it is erased now.

When everyone was saying OKC-MIA , I did predict San Antonio as favorites and Boston/Philly as dark horses........

This SA team is the best I have seen in ages. i'm not sure if they would have been as productive if the season was 82 games long, rather than 66.

As LA person, can never claim that I care for Boston , but these refs and favored Maimi is making me break the tradition and root for them!

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
1- Bynum for rondo trade?
2- Gasol for rondo trade?
Lakers rejected a Gasol Rondo trade once already.
Lakers will get Chris Paul in 2013 when he is a free agent.

One of the big guys has to go and Kobe needs to restrucre his contract otherwise there isn't enough money to sign up new players.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Mahdi, what do you think of :

1- Bynum for rondo trade?
2- Gasol for rondo trade?
If this happens, Ainge is a closet Laker fan. Ainge needs to put the franchise tag on Rondo. He might be a bit weird, but honestly, he's the only thing they got going for the future and he's one of top3 PGs/top10 players in the league.

Lakers rejected a Gasol Rondo trade once already.
Lakers will get Chris Paul in 2013 when he is a free agent.

One of the big guys has to go and Kobe needs to restrucre his contract otherwise there isn't enough money to sign up new players.
Oh yeah, 2013, that's the year Clippers will get doomed again.

Oct 18, 2002
Money talks. Both paul and blake will probably extend with clippers, because that is where they can get their maximum salary...

Lakers need to get under luxury tax by 20013. They will have to reduce salaries not add.
The only way I can see paul going to lakers is if Kobe retired and/or gasol was traded...

Their plan may be,lets maximize the 2-3 years left of kobe's playing time, get rid of one or two of the bigs and bring in supporting productive role players to surrond kobe.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Money talks. Both paul and blake will probably extend with clippers, because that is where they can get their maximum salary...

Lakers need to get under luxury tax by 20013. They will have to reduce salaries not add.
The only way I can see paul going to lakers is if Kobe retired and/or gasol was traded...

Their plan may be,lets maximize the 2-3 years left of kobe's playing time, get rid of one or two of the bigs and bring in supporting productive role players to surrond kobe.
I really don't think that Gasol will stay. Problem with Lakers/Kobe is that they want and need to compete every year so getting under salary cap might not work for them well.

Anyway, real turn of events with OKC and Spurs. Momentum shifted massively, though Spurs still could have won the game and OKC almost paid the price for Westbrook being a bit dumb. But Harden...oh my...

Because of their front court and defensive stoppers, any team will have problems with OKC, even Miami.

Oct 18, 2002
I really don't think that Gasol will stay. Problem with Lakers/Kobe is that they want and need to compete every year so getting under salary cap might not work for them well.

Anyway, real turn of events with OKC and Spurs. Momentum shifted massively, though Spurs still could have won the game and OKC almost paid the price for Westbrook being a bit dumb. But Harden...oh my...

Because of their front court and defensive stoppers, any team will have problems with OKC, even Miami.
At this point, is all about adjustment to the match ups.

In regular season, only one team had OKC's number. LA Clippers. and that was also because of match ups. I still think if anyone, SA will be the one team to pull it off against OKC.

How about them Celtics?????? 3 in a row against the heat....is 4th one coming?

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
At this point, is all about adjustment to the match ups.

In regular season, only one team had OKC's number. LA Clippers. and that was also because of match ups. I still think if anyone, SA will be the one team to pull it off against OKC.

How about them Celtics?????? 3 in a row against the heat....is 4th one coming?
Yeah, specially playoffs is really about match ups but for 2 games, Spurs did really well to adjust to OKC's big men and Durant, but OKC did the right adjustments and now you see the effect their big men have and the more dynamic point guard. Westbrook is still dumb but he sacrificed a lot defensively against Parker and the team does a good job working on the role players and forcing the ball to Duncan.

With Celtics, it was about how they can limit LeBron and they are doing a good job at it. Their bench is stronger and without Bosh, they are also stronger in the center with the bigs. Anyway, I don't see match up wise any team being able to deal with OKC. Durant is almost unguardable because he has his ego in check and plays unselfish. Harden is just a great option coming off the bench, Sefalosha is a great defender and their bigs carry too. They can only lose by either stupid coaching or bad decision making because of youth.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
OKC made it....the only pity I have is that the team is with some hicks in OKC and not in Seattle...otherwise...

I don't see any of the two eastern teams being able to guard them. They have just way too many options in offense especially now that they have learned to move the ball too.

Aug 26, 2005
Only thing keeping me sane during exams is NBA. Lebron being scapegoated this year. His teammates have turned into shit. Especially Wade. Tomorrow will be a huge match. If Miami don't end up winning this season IMO they have to get rid of Spo and ...honestly...trade Wade and get better players for a starting 5 to compliment Lebron. Wade has redundent features and he isn't even doing them these playoffs. A less star-studded, all-round team is far more dangerous.

But OKC is amazing. They have it all. The defence, the offence, the bigs, the outside players, the scorers, the role players, etc. If they stay together they could win multiple and consecutive rings because they're mostly young too.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
If Miami don't win tonight, the coach is gone. He is very bad in late game situation and coming up with plays. He is totally getting out coached by Doc.
I am hopping Miami can win tonight and we have a game 7. that should be a nice one.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Only thing keeping me sane during exams is NBA. Lebron being scapegoated this year. His teammates have turned into shit. Especially Wade. Tomorrow will be a huge match. If Miami don't end up winning this season IMO they have to get rid of Spo and ...honestly...trade Wade and get better players for a starting 5 to compliment Lebron. Wade has redundent features and he isn't even doing them these playoffs. A less star-studded, all-round team is far more dangerous.

But OKC is amazing. They have it all. The defence, the offence, the bigs, the outside players, the scorers, the role players, etc. If they stay together they could win multiple and consecutive rings because they're mostly young too.
I believe Spo's problem is that he gets way too little respect from his players. I don't see him as that bad of a coach. The execution of some plays from the players have been terrible. Plus, the Bosh loss was a huge blow for them, which however shouldn't be an excuse since Boston lost Bradley, their best perimeter defender.
Anyway, I also agree with you on Bron. This might be his redemption. You can't blame him for anything.

If Miami don't win tonight, the coach is gone. He is very bad in late game situation and coming up with plays. He is totally getting out coached by Doc.
I am hopping Miami can win tonight and we have a game 7. that should be a nice one.
I don't think so. Look at game 4 final possession Miami. The play he drew was brilliant but the execution from setting picks to Wade being lazy and slow on the crossover killed it. That was a great play though to have Chalmers free for a 3 on the weak side.

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
dude all his late game plan. Give the ball to James or Wade and spread out the floor. let them go one on one. they had two games which they could of finished in regular time with last position on hand with more than 20 second to go. I am pretty sure one of the three will go at end of this season if they don't win. most likely Bosh, If I wast Pat I would change the coach too. he just can't do it anymore. he has best 3 players in the league and he still can't come but with a good game plan.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
dude all his late game plan. Give the ball to James or Wade and spread out the floor. let them go one on one. they had two games which they could of finished in regular time with last position on hand with more than 20 second to go. I am pretty sure one of the three will go at end of this season if they don't win. most likely Bosh, If I wast Pat I would change the coach too. he just can't do it anymore. he has best 3 players in the league and he still can't come but with a good game plan.
that's not true.
As said, plan in game 4 final play was to give the ball to Chalmers. It was a beautiful play. Spoelstra's problem is that he lacks a name, but it's not really fair. Miami has the Big 3 or Big 2.5 and apart of that, they have nothing except for an a bit old Shane Battier, Mike Miller and Chalmers. Seriously, Garnett is 36 and dominating in the paint. You win titles with your role players doing well and coming through in the clutch. Jordan had Paxson and Kerr, San Antonio and Lakers had Horry, Fisher, Bowen etc., Boston had James Posey, Tony Allen, PJ Brown, Leon Powe coming big when they had to and Dallas last season had JJ Barea playing a couple of games out of his mind, not to forget the defense Chandler offered. Obviously, your star players are your star players. They have to perform on every day, but if your role players suck, you lose. You're only as good as your players 6-9.