NBA playoffs

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Tony Parker Ankle has issues.

if parker does not recover fast. spurs are not going to have any chance.
I agree with that Parker is the piston that makes the entire engine of the SA machine work if Parker is out, the Spurs are toast. I don't think they even get past the Mavs if he doesn't heal and I am talking heal ASAP.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Mike D'antoni the most overrated coach of NBA history has resigned form LA lakers.

I don't how this guy ever got so much credit. he has always had top notch players and has consistently failed with them.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
^^D'Antoni knew he was going to get as the Germans say DAS BOOT, so he tried to save face and "resign" but his systen does not work in the nba. If he wants he might be able to coach, in college. Now we can turn the page on a dark history I just hope Lakers don't get stupid and pick Calapari or another college here is a name for you Scott. He has NBA experience and he took the nets to NBA Finals plus the players will respect him.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
I am actually an old 76ers Fan (with soft spot for the Pistons) but i would love to see the Rockets get the job done against the Blazers. What a great series.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well unless the Clippers really screw the pooch, they should hold on and win game 1 against OKC they are up by 28 at the end of the 3rd and Paul is going off from the 3 8-10 so far unreal. The record is 9 3's in a playoff game and Chapman did it, Ray Allen did it twice and Jason Terry did it against LAL back in 2011. Paul could join that exclusive list and even pass because we still have a full quarter he can easily make two more.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well we all knew these four teams were going to emerge but how Indiana got here was interesting. After coasting through the regular season at the end, the Pacers limp into the playoffs, get pushed around by the Hawks and the Wizards but it's something about those Miami jerseys which gets them amped up. Roy Hibbert is salivating at the possibility of banging with the likes of Bosh. They have a solid one through five who likes to get even distribution of points if they can. It's a big if but all you need is your chance to hold home court and take game seven and the Pacers are in that position, for now.
We all knew the other three would get here but every team got tested. This might be the year where Indiana gets over that hump and goes through this might be the de facto NBA finals the Eastern Conference Finals. Despite the fact that the East overall is not strong, the Heat and the Pacers are the two best teams in my humble opinion. OKC though is in a tough spot because they lost their big man Serge Ibaka for the rest of the playoffs. That is a huge blow because they don't have another big man who is skilled as he is Duncan can go to work.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
in this game everything went spurs game. I am really afraid this series is gone be another 2012 series.

Derrick Fisher getting hot is really scary any shot he takes keeps falling.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
in this game everything went spurs game. I am really afraid this series is gone be another 2012 series.

Derrick Fisher getting hot is really scary any shot he takes keeps falling.
Without Serge it's going to be a tough task I don't see OKC getting past SA but I don't see a rematch necessarily either it might be SA v Indiana.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Wait until lebron gets hot. I just don't see stevenson defating lebron.

am I the only person that things Chris Bosh is the most paid player on planet earth?

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Bosh is one of them and LeBron can go hot even @ Indiana but if you consistently get five guys who get double digits, you are going to offset LeBron. Face it Wade is now an every other day good player so you can't depend on him and Bosh is good but he is not worth the contract. Indiana has two very capable stars in Hibbert and George to offset LeBron and Bosh and when you add Wade in there 1-5 plus Indiana's bench can make it a coin toss. All Indiana needs to do is protect home court the balance of power is still on their side.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well Indiana did what Miami wanted them to do split the series and go back to Miami with home court. Th chances of Indiana winning the series overall took a shift from slightly in Indiana's favor back to Miami's favor. I missed the game I thought for sure the game would end in a controversy since America's favorite ref, Joey "attention whore" Crawford was reffing the game. Well I didn't hear about any controversies on sports talk radio so far. You can't win the game if all you produce is 20 points in the 4th quarter, that is PATHETIC. Also, Spurs just steamrolled OKC and it's going to be a foreshadow of the entire series because without Serge Ibaka, they are screwed. They don't have another big man who is as skilled as he is and he changes the opposing teams overall shooting percentage in a bad way. The Thunder are really going to miss that. I expect a rematch between San Antonio(the team that emphasizes the word team basketball) vs Miami, the back to back defending champs.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
the only controversy was that one of the all time greatest basketball players turned up an impeccable 4th quarter.

I hope the day comes when LeBron is considered a bigger player than Jordan. For the way he plays the game, his overall behavior and demeanor and his social awareness, the world would be a better place after that. I guess that day won't happen because we will always have old farts talking about Jordan, completely forgetting that in 1990 the debate was between Jordan and Domenique Wilkins and not Jordan and Magic, but anyway.

Point is 3peatHeat

Aug 26, 2005
the only controversy was that one of the all time greatest basketball players turned up an impeccable 4th quarter.

I hope the day comes when LeBron is considered a bigger player than Jordan. For the way he plays the game, his overall behavior and demeanor and his social awareness, the world would be a better place after that. I guess that day won't happen because we will always have old farts talking about Jordan, completely forgetting that in 1990 the debate was between Jordan and Domenique Wilkins and not Jordan and Magic, but anyway.

Point is 3peatHeat
Shiiiiiiit. What happened to you? LOL

Agree. But people have been brainwashed through Nike, Gatorade and Space Jam that you need to be 'like' Mike to be great. You need to hog the ball, try to score all the time and be an asshole. To be a selfless teammate, a facilitator as well as a scorer...a nice guy...shit that doesn't fly because that wasn't what Jordan did! And if people remember correctly...Jordan never had bad games :15:

Aug 26, 2005
Well Indiana did what Miami wanted them to do split the series and go back to Miami with home court. Th chances of Indiana winning the series overall took a shift from slightly in Indiana's favor back to Miami's favor. I missed the game I thought for sure the game would end in a controversy since America's favorite ref, Joey "attention whore" Crawford was reffing the game. Well I didn't hear about any controversies on sports talk radio so far. You can't win the game if all you produce is 20 points in the 4th quarter, that is PATHETIC. Also, Spurs just steamrolled OKC and it's going to be a foreshadow of the entire series because without Serge Ibaka, they are screwed. They don't have another big man who is as skilled as he is and he changes the opposing teams overall shooting percentage in a bad way. The Thunder are really going to miss that. I expect a rematch between San Antonio(the team that emphasizes the word team basketball) vs Miami, the back to back defending champs.
Indiana missed too many shots in the 4th, otherwise it could have gone down to the wire because even though Wade and Lebron had really good 4th quarters...it was very nervy. The open looks Lebron got Cole really settled them back into the game.

That Spurs team is just ridiculous. I know he doesn't have the most rings or whatever; but if I owned a franchise out of everybody I'd hire Pop.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Shiiiiiiit. What happened to you? LOL

Agree. But people have been brainwashed through Nike, Gatorade and Space Jam that you need to be 'like' Mike to be great. You need to hog the ball, try to score all the time and be an asshole. To be a selfless teammate, a facilitator as well as a scorer...a nice guy...shit that doesn't fly because that wasn't what Jordan did! And if people remember correctly...Jordan never had bad games :15:
I like Jordan on court and still believe that if you have to win, he would be the best pick.

But everything else about him is just wrong

He's an awful person

Bron however....he has lots of social awareness and his best sidekick is a guy who barely has knees.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
James is a good guy by NBA superstar standards, he is definitely better than Kobe and Jordan in dealing with teammates.

He has definitely evolved greatly both as a person and a player.

However I will be rooting for SA, the basketball IQ in that program is off the charts.