NBA playoffs

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Is it just me or Bosh is just useless considering the 20 million he makes.

I would be surprised if he resigned two years from now for anything more than 7 Million.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I never understood why Eastern Teams are willing to pay so much.

another interesting point is that Mavs payroll keeps declining every year. They are sort of going
into that San Antonio mentality.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I agree with Charles Barkley. the Thunder need remove Westbrook as a point guard and make him a guard.

He is just not moving the ball well when they are behind.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I agree with Charles Barkley. the Thunder need remove Westbrook as a point guard and make him a guard.

He is just not moving the ball well when they are behind.
I've been saying that for YEARS now! Westbrook is a shooter he is not going to make anyone around him better he is not Chris Paul or3 Magic Johnson. Just draft a PG or get a PG during the FA and move Westbrook to the 2 spot or the SG position enough is enough. Westbrook never was and never will be a PG I don't care what his title says he is not the 1 spot.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
everything you guys say about Spurs is true but you guys are still giving way too little credit to Heat. Granted, they have with Bron a force of nature, but the way Miami plays helpdefense, the passing and movement game, the spacing...is simply incredible. and that's where Bosh plays an important role. granted, it's sometimes pathetic to see him get 0 rebounds or 4 rebounds or whatever and he seems soft, but his spacing and the simple fact that his midrange game and shot are excellent, creates a lot of spacing issues for every opponent and makes even a guy like Chris Andersen look good next to him in a game like this.

And the problem of Westbrook and Durant is that their coach is a bozo when it comes to offense. Look at the sets Spoelstra and Pop run, and look at all the ISO bullshit Thunder still play. Give OKC to Doc or SVG or any coach running a more progressive offensive game and see how they will actually be unstoppable for the next 10 years.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
I never understood why Eastern Teams are willing to pay so much.

another interesting point is that Mavs payroll keeps declining every year. They are sort of going
into that San Antonio mentality.
less to do with willing but that they can. Instead of looking at the chart as west vs. easy look at it as small market vs. big market...Sixers being the outlier since they were tanking.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
everything you guys say about Spurs is true but you guys are still giving way too little credit to Heat. Granted, they have with Bron a force of nature, but the way Miami plays helpdefense, the passing and movement game, the spacing...is simply incredible. and that's where Bosh plays an important role. granted, it's sometimes pathetic to see him get 0 rebounds or 4 rebounds or whatever and he seems soft, but his spacing and the simple fact that his midrange game and shot are excellent, creates a lot of spacing issues for every opponent and makes even a guy like Chris Andersen look good next to him in a game like this.

And the problem of Westbrook and Durant is that their coach is a bozo when it comes to offense. Look at the sets Spoelstra and Pop run, and look at all the ISO bullshit Thunder still play. Give OKC to Doc or SVG or any coach running a more progressive offensive game and see how they will actually be unstoppable for the next 10 years.
I made a friendly wager taking Miami straight up for $50 and yes you are right. Granted, LBJ is a force but like you pointed out their help defense is second to none and I was also talking about this with my buddies and pops. We all agree that when Miami wants, they play shut down defense better than anybody in the league. Chicago and Indiana may be better defensive teams overall but when it comes to those last crucial four minutes, Miami can shut you down and lock you up. San Antonio keeps it close and respectable the way they play team ball but Miami wins in 6 or 7 games.

As for OKC ya their coach is kind of the opposite of the former Laker coach, Mike D'Antoni they would make a good team. D'Antoni was good on offense but a bozo on defense and this OKC ref is good on D but a bozo on offense.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
less to do with willing but that they can. Instead of looking at the chart as west vs. easy look at it as small market vs. big market...Sixers being the outlier since they were tanking.

so it
Yes that is true because look at the big west coast market teams like the Lakers and the Clippers they spend money it has nothing to do with west coast v east coast it is a numbers game the big market have a big advantage, they can attract the stars and LA has it's own unique advantage and that is everyone wants to come to LA. At least there is a cap and there is luxury tax so it's not like baseball where the Yankees and Dodgers just clean house(and this is coming from a Dodger fan).

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Ibeka what a difference maker.

The guy had at least five rejections.
Who is this Ibeka gentleman you speak of bro? I just know of a Serge Ibaka :) sorry I could resist but you are so right man however, it was more than just SI9 you knew they were going to win game three. OKC is too good of a team to get swept plus I believe this makes it number eight in a row against SA in their own home. They can very well even out the series with a nice W and regain momentum heading into the crucial swing game 5 in SA. I think he made 8 out of the first 15 points for OKC that set the tone for the game and man the Spurs were just off. At one point Parker had back to back to back turnovers in a quick two minute span. I never saw that from him before.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Stevenson should have just kept his mouth shut.
it's King James in May...doesn't matter whether people talk or not..

I'm intrigued by the prospect of Bron facing KD in the finals and going all Hakeem against David Robinson on him..

"this is my trophy"

Aug 26, 2005
Spurs sucked some major balls the last 2 games. The bench players showed them how its done. Pass that damn rock.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Spurs sucked some major balls the last 2 games. The bench players showed them how its done. Pass that damn rock.
I don't get it this whole time I was raving about how the Spurs play unselfish basketball, pass the rock, hit the open guy and take good percentage shots. Now they screwed the pooch and the series is tied up. They still have the advantage though two out of the next three will be in SA but now OKC has a shot. I'll bet Pop will tear that team a new one.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
well in the regular season Spurs are a very good road team.

but in the playoffs San Antonio is a very average road team.

and OKC is just an amazing home team and so good when it comes on the road.

I think OKC will take game 6 again.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
3PEAAAAAAAAT

KING JAMES!!!!!

Lance really got in Bron's head...LOL! Pacers...clown team..hahahaha! Too bad Bird is their president.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
If Tony Parker gets healthy again.

This can be a hell of rematch with Miami.

It seems though Bosh is playing better than last year.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
^^I don't know how long Parker will be out but if SA wants a shot in this thing, they need to have him in every game they have a chance but they don't have a chance without Parker.