NCAA Football

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well even if they wanted, MSU simply doesnt have the tools to run the ball like Wisconsin. Yes i am a fan but its a fact that the Wisconsin oline is one of the biggest in all of football. Last years they were bigger and heavier than the OLine of the Packers. They just push back the opponent for 3 or 4 yards so the RB only needs to run behind them and find the whole at the right moment and hit it. Melvin Gordon is the best back in the country and Langford is not in his class. Its not even close when it comes to pure ability. The Closest RB to Melvin Gordon is Todd Gurley of Georgia and Yeldon of Alabama. In the Big Ten, Gordon is the undisputed king.
Well MSU's O line might not be as big as Wisconsin's but it is not that far off because MSU's o line is over 300 lbs as well. Wisconsin has a slight advantage at that position however, MSU is the undisputed king in defense(despite being young) and they are the undisputed king in QB and receiver play(well Miller is out now and Cook is a gamer). That is why most Big 10 pundits and experts are predicting MSU over Wisconsin in the BT Championship. The LSU game was very telling when Wisconsin was up 24-7 against the Tigers, they tried to pass the ball but failed miserably. Well most pundits say the caliber of recruits MSU has now a days rivals that of top notch SEC recruits because when you are a top 20 it's all good. Wisconsin's quarterback sucks (forget his name) Gordon can't do it alone. Gordon gets stuffed against MSU because all they need to do is stuff 8 in a box and some nice five star recruits like Malik McDowell(another guy OSU wanted) DE 6'7 guy still can tack on weight, and their front seven is fantastic. By then, the young and talented corners will have some experience and MSU would go up and down the field against Wisconsin but the Badgers woudln't be able to keep up because you have Wisconsin-
1-good defense
2-Very good running game
3-Piss poor passing and receiver play.
MSU
1-better defense overall
2-very capable and feared running game. When healthy, Langford rushed for over 100 yards every game and he was a converted CB. Note he had twice as many td's as Abdullah.
3-MSU's passing might not be Oregon with MM at QB but they can pass it for over 300 yards no problem.
Advantage State. Also, MSU has a good track record they have been a thorn in Wisconsin's side for quite a while now. Two years ago we were 7-6 because Maxwell was garbage at QB and we still mopped the floor with them in their own house and they lost to Stanford at the Rose Bowl, we won.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Well i also think overall MSU has the edge over Wisconsin but we were talking about RBs and Gordon is in class of his own. Wisconsins QB is a joke but i lost respect for Anderson (Coach) as he seems to be willing to let his guy ruin the game instead of just lining up the best QB Joel Stave who however is a remaining piece of the last regime. All in all i miss Paul Chryst at Wisconsin. The guy is one of the top offensive minds and under him the Wisconsin offense was a lot more unpredictable and a lot smarter. Now he is the head coach of Pitt Panthers which is a good thing because i like them too.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Yesterdays game: South Florida vs. Wisconsin Full Game
First and Second quarter

[video=dailymotion;x26rz7q]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26rz7q_sf-w-1h_school[/video]

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well i also think overall MSU has the edge over Wisconsin but we were talking about RBs and Gordon is in class of his own. Wisconsins QB is a joke but i lost respect for Anderson (Coach) as he seems to be willing to let his guy ruin the game instead of just lining up the best QB Joel Stave who however is a remaining piece of the last regime. All in all i miss Paul Chryst at Wisconsin. The guy is one of the top offensive minds and under him the Wisconsin offense was a lot more unpredictable and a lot smarter. Now he is the head coach of Pitt Panthers which is a good thing because i like them too.
Well I feel like as of RB ya Gordon is the best and Wisky has the best running game in the B10 but MSU's running game is nothing to laugh at not only Langford is capable but their back ups Nick Hill and Delton Williams are more than capable backs. Wisconsin lost a huge piece when Jarred Abaderas(Spelling) left. They also have a tough time with QB's Russell Wilson was a gift from God for one season, normally that doesn't happen. I'm glad I can talk Big 10 football with someone. I feel like overall right now the class of the Big 10 is defiantly MSU but MSU will be tested however, I think they will take care of business against NEB in that night game, Michigan and just march on through and I'm not too concerned about Ohio St home. I was a bit concerned about Penn St but if Northwestern can beat them away they are not that killer as I thought. NEB is in my book, along with Wisconsin the next two best teams. They play each other but sadly for Nebraska, they draw MSU but Wisconsin lucks out. To balance out the conference pundits were thinking switch MSU and put them in with Wisconsin and move someone out.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Yesterdays game: South Florida vs. Wisconsin Full Game

[video=dailymotion;x26rz7q]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26rz7q_sf-w-1h_school[/video]
Again to prove my point good call. I watched that game. I was surprised that a team like USF was able to move the ball around them they are not that good MSU last year mopped the floor with them. Wisconsin is lucky they have an easy schedule but they won't be able to duck MSU forever they will bump into them in Indy and lose in a neutral field.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
I have the full game of the 2011 BT championship game between the same teams but this time Wisconsins kicks their asses.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I have the full game of the 2011 BT championship game between the same teams but this time Wisconsins kicks their asses.
Kick their asses. I watched that tape hundreds of times you mean when Wisconsin won because they got a roughing the kicker penalty and scored the game wining touchdown? What happened to Wisky every time they met MSU since then, SMACK and even that season Cousins tossed that hail mary so it was 1-1. Wasn't the final of the championship a really good game and only a like 42-39 win? Again, that was when Wisconsin could pass and Brett Bielema bailed for Ark they are not the same team. No Wilson = no chance

Nice story for the corner who blocked the kick but called for that penalty. Last year, against Ohio State in the championship game, he made a superman tackle on 4th and 2nd against Braxton Miller and shead a blocker and helped MSU win the Big and got drafted in the 22nd pick #1 by Cinci so it had a happy ending for him. It wasn't his fault D'Antonio said, "go for the block"

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Oh and Wisconsin 3 rose bowl's 0 wins MSU first try beat Stanford. MSU also got jobbed that one year both teams went 11-1 and MSU won but they lost to Iowa but MSU beat Wisky, that was the year before Wilson I believe.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Wisconsin kicked their asses
3 points is not an ass kicking and MSU overall Mark D'Antonio has a wining record against Bielema and I guarantee you he will kick Anderson's ass up and down the field if they meet in this year's championship. If you are willing to make a gentleman's agreement without looking at the spread, I am willing to throw down $200 on that game if it happens. Wanna bet?

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
For the love of God we are like 4-1 or 5-1 against you guys I forget it's hard to keep track, pure domination will continue by the Green machine. You are right about Stavie he is from the past regime and he ain't much better than this guy. He very much reminds me of Andrew Maxwell, only shorter. I'm going to get my popcorn, cook a nice piece of steak and (I don't do this too often only on special occasions) but take a fat rip of OG and just enjoy Sprartans stomp Wisconsin if they meet. Next year it gets better because we got this black stud Terry who runs between a 4.3-44 and he has a cannon for an arm. He looked good against Wyoming he will be there next year and we should get another top 20 or even top 10 recruiting class and add more talent. The young talented defense will be flying by next year by by the end of this year they will be light years ahead in the 2ndary.

This is a good time to be a Spartan fan we suffered through the Bobby Williams era and the John L Smith era and it didn't happen from day 1 Mark D'Antonio had to do a big rebuilding job at State but he did it we are the crown jewel of the Big 10. :) I can make it $100 if you want to make it friendly or even $50 or $20. I hope I'm not violating any rules :) I will pm you if you are down we can exchange our info for this bet.

MSU be ridin dirty as in contenders
Wisconsin be ridin b*tch made pretenders haha they are fools gold good but not great and beatable by a well rounded team like State.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
They kicked their ass.. :)
You didn't answer me is that a yes or no? If you are that confident about Wisconsin bet that they can beat MSU. They can't you wish you were MSU, JJWatt, Russell Wilson and Jared Abadaras along with White and others are not going through that door. If you are afraid I understand we kicked your ass like 5 games in a row now this year or next will be six. You can run but you can't hide Badgers the Spartans are on the hunt.