NCAA Football

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
What up with your coaches leaving Wisconsin? To me I visited the campus and Wisconsin would be a very nice place to live but then again the cold doesn't bother me so maybe Anderson felt he needed to go to Oregon St so he could recruit. You touched on it before Wisconsin has some tough academic standards so it's hard for them to recruit the best players. I'm sure the academic standards are more coach friendly at Oregon St and he probably wanted to go back to the west coast. Hopefully Wisconsin fins a good coach they are one of the better teams in the Big despite the loss to Ohio St. I have them right under Ohio St and Michigan State overall.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Anderson was a fuck anyway. My favourite coach would be Paul Chryst of Pitt. If only they could get that man away from Pitt back to Wisconsin.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Anderson was a fuck anyway. My favourite coach would be Paul Chryst of Pitt. If only they could get that man away from Pitt back to Wisconsin.
Well personally I would take Wisconsin over Pitt that is for sure and you are right Anderson was a fuck and so was Bielima the way he said, "I put on my shades so people won't recognize me I love Wisconsin," then the fuck face bails on his team for Arkansas because the SEC came a calling. Wisconsin needs to find a guy who will stay at Wisconsin, like how Michigan State found Mark D'Antonio. I like Paul Chryst and I think he is doing a good job at Pitt. Oh and the best was when the former Pitt coach(forget the dbags name) bailed on them for ASU and texted his players he was leaving. I wonder what he said in the text #GoASU? I think Alvarez is a smart guy and he will find the right coach for Wisconsin's program. There is talent I read that outside of Alabama, nobody has more NFL prospects than Wisconsin so talent is not the issue here.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Speed, they have lacked speed for years. They simply cant rely on northern talent which is often big and beefy but slow and not explosive enough to compete with southern talent. They are not gonna go anywhere unless they start expanding and improving their scouting in the south. The bad thing is, the south is functioning well, the SEC is a force, its a colourful conference with great fans, great weather,... and the best talents remain in south and dont have to come up north and play in frozen Wisconsin and Minnesota (i like the Gophers too).

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Speed, they have lacked speed for years. They simply cant rely on northern talent which is often big and beefy but slow and not explosive enough to compete with southern talent. They are not gonna go anywhere unless they start expanding and improving their scouting in the south. The bad thing is, the south is functioning well, the SEC is a force, its a colourful conference with great fans, great weather,... and the best talents remain in south and dont have to come up north and play in frozen Wisconsin and Minnesota (i like the Gophers too).
True and the only schools who are having success recruiting in the South are Ohio State and Michigan State because they don't have tough academic standards and maybe the guy in the South thinks "Hey if I go to MSU or OSU I could possibly start but if I go to Alabama I might have to wait for three years." We stole Darquez Denard from UGA and he as from the state of Georgia. Coach D is also good at recruiting kids from Florida he has a weekly show with a popular radio show in Miami and they go after the southern belt of Florida that is smart. As for DD, the guy ended up being a first round pick for Cincinnati and he kind of fell a bit too in the 1st round. You are right they can't rely on beefy Midwestern farm boys same goes for the Gophers. That is why MSU and Ohio State are a cut above the rest it's because they have some southern boys on their roster(but Ohio ST has more) that is why the only team we have problems with are the Buckeyes. We need to catch up to OSU and hit the recruiting trail hard in the south. I say let Michigan HAVE the state of Michigan go after those southern boys Michigan and Ohio boys will help you maybe win a Big 10 championship but you will get waxed by the SEC and good Pac 12 teams like Oregon.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Well Ohio is a gifted state. Their geographic is beneficial. Its a good mixture of black and white so OSU has a clear advantage over against both Michigan teams in terms of aquiring home state talent. Ohio has a lot of talent so i think what OSU needs to do -and they are doing it right now- is to atleast make sure the Ohio talents dont leave the state for other schools. Sure they will always look south to get some valuable guys from southeast but i think both Michigan teams should have a bigger sense of urgency when it comes to scouting the south because they really need it. Michigan doesnt have enough talent to rely on while Ohio has.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
The most recruits year in and year out come from Texas. This is arguably the state that provides the college teams with most talents. Texas is followed by Florida, Georgia, California and Ohio, in that order.

As you can see, Ohio State is in a great position. They only need to secure their own talents and make them prefer the school over SEC schools. When they get this done, they will be a force and actually the only BiG Ten school that has the long term ability and capability to compete with the SEC.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
You are right about the state of Ohio and they have good hs football a top 10 state. It is so talent rich that MSU gets 3 star recruits from Ohio all the time and that is smart. Only thing I dissagree with the rankings is I would put my top three as
1-Florida
2-Texas
3-California
4-Georgia.

Most people have California in the top 3 they produce a lot of talent more so than Georgia because there are a million divisions here and a billion high schools so you have a bigger pool than Georgia.

What MSU needs to do is continue recruiting in Ohio but do what Ohio St does and steal some Texas and Florida boys. Now this is a good opportunity for MSU they are playing Baylor in the Cotton Bowl and Texas will be watching so MSU can make a really good impression if they beat Baylor on the Texas boys. Right now UT is hurting and A&M is cleaning house but maybe they don't want to go to A&M and they want to start freshman or sophomore year. Come to MSU hoss. I must admit we have some catch up to do to Ohio St we are now at least a top 20 recruiting class, which is respectable but Oho State is a top 3 that is the difference good vs elite.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Only thing I dissagree with the rankings is I would put my top three as
1-Florida
2-Texas
3-California
4-Georgia.
Well you can not disagree with me on this because what i said was not my own subjective opinion to begin with. It was a fact. Texas by far produces the most recruits year in and year out.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well going by the numbers it is Texas 1 Florida 2 Georgia 3 CA 4 but going by what people think and prestige of schools (like we have Concord De La Salle and Mater Dei) my personal rankings I would now change it a big but I still have the big 3 but yep I can't argue with facts. Overall though people respect California football and they put them as a big 3 state but Georgia also is very good. I am not surprised Ohio cracked the top 5. I'm shocked because CA has more D1 schools all Georgia has is UGA and GT but CA has USC, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, SDSU and SJSU 7 D1 programs compared to two but it seems like there is a ton of talent in Georgia. Heck we got Darquez Denard from Georgia so they must be good.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well looks like Wisconsin hit a home run they got Pittsburgh's Paul Chryst. He is not a newbie and he did a good job taking over the asshole who bailed on Pitt for ASU and informed his players via texts. They will still play a Wisconsin brand of football but we discussed this Wisconsin needs to do what OSU and MSU do recruit skilled speedy players from the South. Like you said big and beefy MW farm boys are good for certain things if you want them for your O line and D line fine but you can't have a farm boy as your #1 primary receiver or the corner from the south that is playing at MSU or Ohio St will destroy farm boy. You need a blend of the MW and the dirty south. MSU does as well but MSU is further ahead in this dept and Ohio State is leaving us all in the dust because of Urban Meyer's connections with recruiting in Florida and SEC country.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Well Wisconsin is a great place to recruit O-Line and TE and some good white LBs like Borland who are getting more fashionable after years of absolute black dominance on this position. State of Wisconsin basically provides the talents for areas and positions which are usually played by big white boys. Wisconsin definitely is not even a good place to recruit D-Line because todays D-Line needs explosiveness and speed to be successfull and if you have a 4-3 defense with 6 big and immobile white guys playing front 4 and LBs, you are not gonna be able to pressure the QB and this is one of Wisconsins problems too. So we need outside help at DL, LB, RB, WR, S and CB. All position vastly dominated by more athletic and speedy black players who however are not living in Wisconsin in big numbers.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well Wisconsin is a great place to recruit O-Line and TE and some good white LBs like Borland who are getting more fashionable after years of absolute black dominance on this position. State of Wisconsin basically provides the talents for areas and positions which are usually played by big white boys. Wisconsin definitely is not even a good place to recruit D-Line because todays D-Line needs explosiveness and speed to be successfull and if you have a 4-3 defense with 6 big and immobile white guys playing front 4 and LBs, you are not gonna be able to pressure the QB and this is one of Wisconsins problems too. So we need outside help at DL, LB, RB, WR, S and CB. All position vastly dominated by more athletic and speedy black players who however are not living in Wisconsin in big numbers.
That is Wisconsin's problem but I am thinking Chryst must have some connections at Pitt and Western Pennsylvania is a recruiting hot bead I mean look at the names who came from that area. Oh and I noticed MSU gets some white LB's from time to time look at Max Bullough(who played for us for four years). The thing is, we are further ahead of Wisconsin in the skill position like WR/RP and S/CB but we need to elevate our recruiting by A FULL STAR so intead of getting 3 star recruits on average, we need to be averaging 4 star so we can keep up with the Buckeyes. I have faith in Wisconsin Alvarez is a good AD but they need to get out of this WISCONSIN BRAND OF FOOTBALL it's like U of M with their quest to bring in a MICHIGAN MAN. You can't do it the WISCONSIN WAY anymore. You can win 10 games a year but you won't be in any CFB playoffs. Chryst though is a good coach and I am sure he will recruit those speedy brothers to compliment your white boys. That is why MSU is good right now we have the right blend and you are right about the D. We used to have beefy MW white boys on the D line as well our front 7 was big but not athletic. Now we are a bit smaller than what we were in the past but we are much more explosive and MSU has one of the best front 7's in the league. I also believe that the 4-3 defense is the way to go unless you have a stacked LB corps and you can rotate guys in I can see a 3-4 working, if you use it as an acting 4-3 and blitz a LB.

Oct 18, 2010
90% white team byu and 90% black team memphis had a go at it
in the bowl game last night.the white boys ended up losing and a
fight broke out at the end.the race relations are getting edgy all
around the country these days.what a bust!

[video=youtube_share;PtdxjPB-k6g]http://youtu.be/PtdxjPB-k6g[/video]

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
90% white team byu and 90% black team memphis had a go at it
in the bowl game last night.the white boys ended up losing and a
fight broke out at the end.the race relations are getting edgy all
around the country these days.what a bust!

[video=youtube_share;PtdxjPB-k6g]http://youtu.be/PtdxjPB-k6g[/video]
It re This $hit is about to blow up big time in America with all of the police stuff and non stop media coverage. Plus, we haven't had a race war in this country for a while, we are due for one it's going to get ugly I'm afraid to say this but the bodies will hit the floor. Oh don't let those Mormons fool you I had friends who played some college football in Pac 12 schools and I would ask, "What team was the dirtiest team you ever encountered?" They all answered BYU. Some people won't like this but guess what the USA lumped us into the White Category, although I think there should be a separation between Caucasian and Anglo Saxon white. I know Iranians for the most part don't have problems with the blacks but Iranian Americans might have to side with whites anyways in this race war. Things are going to go bad like 1950's in the south bad. It's a shame because it was actually a good bowl game.

That Memphis player, who used his helmet as a weapon, should be arrested for assault with a weapon and yes a hard helmet can be used as a weapon you can cause damage with a strike at full force. That Memphis player should be kicked off the dam team that went too far. The NCAA needs to send a message you don't want this to happen then every player who was involved in that fight should be suspended for 1/2 a season. Oh and classy move by the BYU player who snatched a Memphis flag FROM A FAN. Are these the teachings of the Church of LDS? Also, maybe the honor code is the problem no sex maybe that is why BUY players are frustrated.

Last edited:

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Who says it was a racial issue? Only because this IR tool is calling it one? There are still a lot of blacks playing for BYU and they are engaged in fights against the Memphis blacks too. Its not the first college football brawl and its not gonna be the last one. I mean with all the talks about blacks and whites we still shouldnt exaggerate and call every single incident a racial conflict. There are enough racial issues over there which are a lot more obvious. I absolutely dont think this one was over race.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Who says it was a racial issue? Only because this IR tool is calling it one? There are still a lot of blacks playing for BYU and they are engaged in fights against the Memphis blacks too. Its not the first college football brawl and its not gonna be the last one. I mean with all the talks about blacks and whites we still shouldnt exaggerate and call every single incident a racial conflict. There are enough racial issues over there which are a lot more obvious. I absolutely dont think this one was over race.
That's true but BYU is still predominantly a white team. Hell one year they had a white running back now that is pretty much white dominant. As for their student body, finding a black student at BYU is like finding Waldo. The only blacks you will probably find at BYU are athletes there are some but remember for the longest time the church of LDS didn't allow blacks to get priesthood this is the school which is funded by them. You are right though there are brawls but I feel like a race war in USA is inevitable it's going to probably happen of course it has nothing to do with football and you are right there will be more brawls but it's getting bad here in the States you can cut the tension with a knife.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Its well known that universities out of Utah, Wyoming...are not the typical black universities. The participation of blacks in their sporting teams or even recruiting them is obviously not on the same level as lets say in Florida, Georgia, Alabama or Mississippi but its not the point. The point is, i have seen many brawls in football and i dont think that was a racial issue even if BYU is a predominately "white" football team. I simply dont believe it was a racial issue, it doesnt look like it.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Its well known that universities out of Utah, Wyoming...are not the typical black universities. The participation of blacks in their sporting teams or even recruiting them is obviously not on the same level as lets say in Florida, Georgia, Alabama or Mississippi but its not the point. The point is, i have seen many brawls in football and i dont think that was a racial issue even if BYU is a predominately "white" football team. I simply dont believe it was a racial issue, it doesnt look like it.
I think as well it was a heat of the moment football brawl but with the ferguson and other shootings racial tensions between whites and blacks in the US are at an all time high but this case was just two teams wanting to brawl and good point you can even add California to the list any black athlete that goes to BYU, Utah or Wyoming is not at the same caliber as someone who goes to USC(just wait until they get their scholarships back and can field a full roster) Florida, Georgia, Bama, LSU you can add Ohio St to the list so I agree with that. Those athletes are four and five star recruits. The blacks that BYU get are probably 3 stars(at the most) or mainly two stars because who wants to live on the honor code at BYU? No sex, no caffeine no weed(no thank you) lol I wouldn't want to be a student at BYU. Oh and btw the joke is BYU stands for Bring Em Young University :)That is the one thing they have going for them, smoking hot Mormon girls but here is the problem you need to decifer between the ones who won't kiss you after a few dates and won't have sex before marriage vs the sluttles who will go all the way. BYU does have it's advantages now that I think about it. I was actually eyeballing University of Utah but only because I love skiing. I'm glad I went to school in California though to tell you the truth and said no to Utah. It's too conservative for my liking. Some towns are dry towns(no alcohol allowed) eff that!

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Talk about never give up spartans what a hell of a comeback MSU 42 Baylor 41 and I get a c note (made a bet and dad lives in LV so he placed it for me) time to collect :) Way to set yourself up for the following season Rose Bowl 2014 Cotton Bowl 2015 and now coach D has a wining bowl record at MSU!