NFL

Farsheed

Bench Warmer
Jun 6, 2003
It's the third quarter of the afternoon games, and it looks like this was a weekend for choking for several teams.

The Jets choked, and it sure looks like Oakland, Cincinatti, Pittsburg, and Denver are about to choke.

Hats of to GB, Tennesee, Detroit, New Orleans, New England and Baltimore for bringing it

Hope the cowboys giants don't disappoint.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Cowboys-Giants didn't, all as expected ;)

Interesting match ups...will we finally see Pats-Steelers in AFC final since they are the most dominant teams of past 10 years there but I believe they never faced in Playoffs? Will Flacco deliver? I mean, that Ravens D is probably the fiercest in the league.

NFC seems like all Green Bay and Saints but you never know about Giants. They seem to be able to switch their game on when it matters.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
I follow the Steelers and the Browns and while the Browns are on their way up the Steelers unfortunately missed the right time to make the team younger. I dont like Tomlin, Steelers used to ba a franchize that never needed to rebuild, they just reloaded. Unter Tomlin this franchize became to a franchise that really needs to be rebuilt. They simply are not balanced enough to just fill the holes through draft. They have more holes to fills than they could do through draft alone.

Does anybody play fantasy football?

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I don't think we have too many NFL fans or football fans here. I opened up a thread about the draft and only China and I had a conversation. I also opened up a Pro/College football thread and nobody responded. I doubt many would respond but we have three NFL fans right here. I know a few others like Mashdi used to watch American football but he told me not that much. Honestly, because the Raiders have been so bad over the years, I watch pro football but if they lose, I don't care. I am hoping Dennis Allen finally gets fired(I can't believe they gave him a 1 year extension) and I hope they use the #1 pick(most likely) or a top 3 pick on the #1 WR in college football Alabama's Amari Coper.

My area of expertise is college football so I could tell you who will probably make a good pro athlete. Of course I still watch the Raiders and I think they could go a bunch of ways but a good sized, physical and fast WR from an SEC school is just what the doctor ordered for young QB David Carr out of Fresno State. He literally has nobody to throw to Streater is the best I know they got homie from GB but so far I say Streater is the best route runner on that team but we have not play maker who can stretch the field deep. In the next few years the Raiders must beef up their offensive line and overhaul their old players on defense. Khalil Mack, LB out of Buffalo is a nice pick but he can't do it alone.

I also watch the Lions. Oh and since I am a Michigan State fan I keep my eye on Cleveland(Hoyer) and Washington (Redskings). For once we have three Spartans starters get wins Stanton with the Cards when Palmer when down, Cousins with the Skins and Hoyer with the Browns. When your number gets called up you need to make the best of your opportunity you are trying out for 31 other teams who might need a starter and want to take a chance on you.

As for the Steelers, I don't know what is wrong with them I thought they would be better. The Chargers are inconsistent one week they lose to the Cards then they beat the Seahawks. The 49ers lose to the Bears. It's still way too early to tell anything . At least the next coach of the Raiders will have a good draft pick to work with . They won't fire him middle of the season unless they got like 0-8. Mark Davis wants to show the next coach the the Raiders are reformed at the top.

Last edited:

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
I love Chris Ivory. The is clearly my favourite running back a position that i have a soft spot for. What i like about Ivory is his mentality. hard nosed, runs angry, runs hard through the middle where other people often make a cut to the edges to avoid those hard contacts....i have never seen him go out of bounds in fear of getting hit hard by a linebacker.

Yes, Adrian Peterson is already a legend but Ivory has been injury prone throughout his whole carrer, otherwise i am sure he is not much behind Peterson in terms of pure talent.

[video=youtube;VegZv616Yxw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VegZv616Yxw[/video]

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I love Chris Ivory. The is clearly my favourite running back a position that i have a soft spot for. What i like about Ivory is his mentality. hard nosed, runs angry, runs hard through the middle where other people often make a cut to the edges to avoid those hard contacts....i have never seen him go out of bounds in fear of getting hit hard by a linebacker.

Yes, Adrian Peterson is already a legend but Ivory has been injury prone throughout his whole carrer, otherwise i am sure he is not much behind Peterson in terms of pure talent.

[video=youtube;VegZv616Yxw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VegZv616Yxw[/video]
I feel you man I feel the same way and I have a soft spot for physical receivers. It's the same thing most WR's want to avoid the big hit or refuse to go in the middle to catch the ball but the fearless one have my respect same thing with bruizer tailbacks. Although, their style is more suitable for the college game because in the NFL you have defenders who are much faster and better that is why the Ron Dayne type backs usually don't make it in the NFL but some do like say Jerome Bettis. Chris Ivory is one of my favorite backs and I'm a Raider fan I have no affiliation to the Saints. The problem is bruizer backs take a pounding and the small speedsters are usually made out of glass and they break when you touch them. That is why most teams use a stable of backs and the most successful backs seem to be the backs that are not too big and not too small and they are a hybrid between a speedster and a bruier so they have elements of both. Soon there will be no tailbacks who will single handedly get 30 carries a game even the college game is starting to gravitate towards that. You have teams with a featured back but a lot of teams have a running back by committee.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
I am gonna watch Jets vs. Lions in about an hour just in order to see Ivory. The Jets are -stupidly- splitting snaps and carries between him and Chris Johnson but Ivory is the by far better back and the stats show it. Chris Johnson has gradually lost carries to Ivory but in my opinion the Jets shouldnt have named him starter to begin with.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I am gonna watch Jets vs. Lions in about an hour just in order to see Ivory. The Jets are -stupidly- splitting snaps and carries between him and Chris Johnson but Ivory is the by far better back and the stats show it. Chris Johnson has gradually lost carries to Ivory but in my opinion the Jets shouldnt have named him starter to begin with.
Well my only hope is Lions at least Raiders will get the #1 and probably someone like Mr. Cooper come on down WR Bama or maybe someone like Gurly really good player for Carr.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Must suck to know you are not the best 0-3 in the last three Rose Bowls Spartans be da best Wisconsin be pretenders. Same with Penn St. Your school like u is a one trick pony.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Wow and the MORON OF THE YEAR AWARD GOES TO....

Adrian Peterson of the Minnesota Vikings COME ON DOWN! So let me get this straight. This guy is informed that he needs to go to court for a hearing of his child abuse case and he smokes weed right before, knowing full well that he would be tested. Then out loud, like a dumbass, he tells the person administering the test, "Hey man I smoked a little bit of weed before this is that ok?" No you $hithead it's not ok look I like smoking weed as much as the next guy but guess what they piss test in my company at random, just like they do in every other job.

What an idiot he knows he is already going to face a suspension so to add fuel to the fire let's give Roger G the commissioner some more ammunition. What a bonehead you can take the boy out of the hood but apparently you can't take the hood out of the boy. I just don't get these NFL and NBA athletes. Hey morons, if you want to smoke weed DO IT IN THE OFF SEASON NOT BEFORE A CHILD ABUSE CASE HAHAHA

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I honestly thought the Steelers would be better than this. Well as for the Raiders all is not lost we lost to the Chargers but the Raiders are responding to interm coach Tony Sporano he's going to focus on the running game more and Derek Carr is a good quarterback he is not his brother he is better. We also hit a home run with a 7th round corner Carrey and LB Khalil Mack. We need a good play maker I expect the Raiders to draft WR Amari Cooper out of Alabama.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
I honestly thought the Steelers would be better than this. Well as for the Raiders all is not lost we lost to the Chargers but the Raiders are responding to interm coach Tony Sporano he's going to focus on the running game more and Derek Carr is a good quarterback he is not his brother he is better. We also hit a home run with a 7th round corner Carrey and LB Khalil Mack. We need a good play maker I expect the Raiders to draft WR Amari Cooper out of Alabama.
Raiders are just a pathetic organization , year after year of top draft picks and they still cant field a competitive team . The raiders are the type of team that will have 1-2 good seasons out of 15 seasons and suck big time the rest of the time.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Raiders are just a pathetic organization , year after year of top draft picks and they still cant field a competitive team . The raiders are the type of team that will have 1-2 good seasons out of 15 seasons and suck big time the rest of the time.
Not if they get the right management and ownership and right now the fans are not pleased with Mark Davis and if the Raiders continue to suck they will get new ownership you can't suck forever if those seats are empty then you are screwed it is frustrating but last year we finally did well in the draft that is a start.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Somethings wrong with the Steelers and i think its more or less the coach. I dont like him, his player evaluation is poor, he is drafting poorly ...all in all i have not seen the Steelers to be in such a miserable state in the last 20 years. It hurts. They basically are playing with two backup LBs and the Corners are miserable. I dont understand how they didnt manage to adress it through draft. All in all its not clicking, its not working.

However my man Chris Ivory had a great game vs. the Patriots running for 125 yards and a TD. Too bad the Jets lost the game.

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/0ap3000000412128/Week-7-Chris-Ivory-highlights[/video]

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Somethings wrong with the Steelers and i think its more or less the coach. I dont like him, his player evaluation is poor, he is drafting poorly ...all in all i have not seen the Steelers to be in such a miserable state in the last 20 years. It hurts. They basically are playing with two backup LBs and the Corners are miserable. I dont understand how they didnt manage to adress it through draft. All in all its not clicking, its not working.

However my man Chris Ivory had a great game vs. the Patriots running for 125 yards and a TD. Too bad the Jets lost the game.

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/new-york-jets/0ap3000000412128/Week-7-Chris-Ivory-highlights[/video]
Imagine how bad it would suck if you had to multiply that by eleven years! Well I happen to agree and the Steelers next year should be smart and try to find the right coacy and do it the Steeler way. That is old fashioned smash mouth defense followed by a power running game and the one thing is you guys will at least get a solid draft pick for the next regime to work with. I don't really like him either to tell you the truth. I think he has no innovation and he like you said does a poor job in player evaluation and development. Basically, he is like our Dennis Allen who got fired. He has his head up his as$. Honestly I think Sporano is doing a decent job given what he has to work with and one bright spot is at least Carr is playing nicely. It's not his fault the defense is terrible Reggie McKenzee is going to be out of here pretty soon so we have that going for us. Maybe the Steelers should clean house and get a new GM or is the GM pretty decent overall?

Congrats to Peyton Manning 509 touchdown passes surpassing Favre.