NFL

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
^^Joe Flacco is certainly the beset CURRENT playoff quarterback and who knows if he gets to 4 he will be tied with Joe Cool Montana. I tend to agree with your assessment of the Steelers and the Ravens. 7 years ago the Steelers were the young team and they had a killer defense so all Ben had to do was just be a good game manager. He was young and big so he was able to buy some time with his feet and throw it to one of his good receivers. The defense would hold down the fort. Today, things are different and now that guys like Lewis left the team, they really have a young defense. You are right outside of Bell, Harden and Brown they really don't have much except for an old defense and an inept offense plus Mike Tomlin is a very overrated coach if you personally ask me. Now he is being exposed because he doesn't have that good defense to rely on. Now on to the Ravens v Pats

Seriously I think this is another team that the Ravens have their number they will not be afraid of the Pats, they got the best out of them in the playoffs in recent history. The Pats are suffering from the same thing, Brady is not a young spring chicken and he is a good quarterback but he is no longer elite. I think Denver will take care of business against Indy, who is a good team but Denver has an overall better team and that will be the game I think everyone wants to see. Well first the Ravens need to handle business against the Pats and Denver needs to beat Indy. I like the odds though, if I had some extra scratch, I would bet on the Ravens unless the spread is a two score game.

BTW what happened to China how did he get banned? He actually lasted a while this time for a minute there I missed what happened and I am not talking $hit I'm just curious because nobody else really posts on the college football thread. I can take a guess.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Wake me up when the Redskins have something to say again :(
Well you guys need to get rid of the DIVA and start fresh people are saying the Redskins are even worse than the Raiders now that is sad and I am the Raider fan so I feel your pain but here is what you guys need
1-ew ownership rich boy doesn't know football at least Al Davis was a coach and understood the game LA Chargers.
2-New GM
3-New HC
4-New QBs besides RGHype, Cousins(Sorry Cousins love MSU but you suck dude) and maybe keep Colt McCoy, as a back up.
At least we have our quarterback and soon we will have a new gm/hc I'm sure Mark Davis kept homie for a while to show that things are different under this regime if you come and coach in Oakland, you will get a few years to rebuild. They have their QB they have their MLB. I want WR Amari Cooper from Bama so Carr can have someone explosive to throw to and then just focus on your o and d line plus your secondary.

Tehol Beddict

Bench Warmer
Jan 2, 2015
Milanello
I dont care. I even gave up listing the shortcomings as they are countless. This must be the dumbest franchise right now. I am still not over that move which brought us RG3. Redskins gave the Rams the world to get him and if you ask me, the guy will be out of the league by 2018 if not sooner. They will have to draft another QB in the first round. One bad draft sets teams back several years and the Redskins are such a team right now. Man, i enjoyed watching the 80s Redskins and the Hogs (their offensive line), i loved watching Art Monk catch the ball with such a grace and ease...nothings left from those times.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
^^Joe Flacco is certainly the beset CURRENT playoff quarterback and who knows if he gets to 4 he will be tied with Joe Cool Montana. I tend to agree with your assessment of the Steelers and the Ravens. 7 years ago the Steelers were the young team and they had a killer defense so all Ben had to do was just be a good game manager. He was young and big so he was able to buy some time with his feet and throw it to one of his good receivers. The defense would hold down the fort. Today, things are different and now that guys like Lewis left the team, they really have a young defense. You are right outside of Bell, Harden and Brown they really don't have much except for an old defense and an inept offense plus Mike Tomlin is a very overrated coach if you personally ask me. Now he is being exposed because he doesn't have that good defense to rely on.
I think your talking about Ray Lewis he retired after winning the suprbowl. The guys who are old and who use to be good on the Steelers defense are Ike Taylor , troy polamalu , and James Harrison. And Ben is old, slow, and injury prone , his only had 3 NFL seasons where he played all 16 regular season games without missing a game . Now look at Joe Flacco, his at the peak of his career and has played every game since being drafted and the Ravens defense hasn't slowed down a bit even with Ed Reed and Ray Lewis leaving because they are great at drafting players . I think Mike Tomlin is one the worse NFL coaches , he had a very talented team when he took over from Bill Cowher and could of done a lot better , his time management skills are horrendous and has one of the worse winning ratios in challenges . And lets not forget how he stepped on the field and tripped Jacoby Jones to save a touchdown .

Now on to the Ravens v Pats

Seriously I think this is another team that the Ravens have their number they will not be afraid of the Pats, they got the best out of them in the playoffs in recent history. The Pats are suffering from the same thing, Brady is not a young spring chicken and he is a good quarterback but he is no longer elite. I think Denver will take care of business against Indy, who is a good team but Denver has an overall better team and that will be the game I think everyone wants to see. Well first the Ravens need to handle business against the Pats and Denver needs to beat Indy. I like the odds though, if I had some extra scratch, I would bet on the Ravens unless the spread is a two score game.
I think this will be a great game . The good thing is that the Ravens have no pressure on them , they've done better than most expected but the Patriots have a lot of pressure on them. Their fans expect a win , they've been outmatched by the Ravens in the playoffs previously and left not forget since they got caught cheating "spy gate" they haven't won a super bowl and have been average in the playoffs.

BTW what happened to China how did he get banned? He actually lasted a while this time for a minute there I missed what happened and I am not talking $hit I'm just curious because nobody else really posts on the college football thread. I can take a guess.
He got banned

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I think your talking about Ray Lewis he retired after winning the suprbowl. The guys who are old and who use to be good on the Steelers defense are Ike Taylor , troy polamalu , and James Harrison. And Ben is old, slow, and injury prone , his only had 3 NFL seasons where he played all 16 regular season games without missing a game . Now look at Joe Flacco, his at the peak of his career and has played every game since being drafted and the Ravens defense hasn't slowed down a bit even with Ed Reed and Ray Lewis leaving because they are great at drafting players . I think Mike Tomlin is one the worse NFL coaches , he had a very talented team when he took over from Bill Cowher and could of done a lot better , his time management skills are horrendous and has one of the worse winning ratios in challenges . And lets not forget how he stepped on the field and tripped Jacoby Jones to save a touchdown .

I think this will be a great game . The good thing is that the Ravens have no pressure on them , they've done better than most expected but the Patriots have a lot of pressure on them. Their fans expect a win , they've been outmatched by the Ravens in the playoffs previously and left not forget since they got caught cheating "spy gate" they haven't won a super bowl and have been average in the playoffs.

He got banned
I agree with the players you mentioned on the Steelers and I was talking about Lewis and actually Ed Reid as well.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I dont care. I even gave up listing the shortcomings as they are countless. This must be the dumbest franchise right now. I am still not over that move which brought us RG3. Redskins gave the Rams the world to get him and if you ask me, the guy will be out of the league by 2018 if not sooner. They will have to draft another QB in the first round. One bad draft sets teams back several years and the Redskins are such a team right now. Man, i enjoyed watching the 80s Redskins and the Hogs (their offensive line), i loved watching Art Monk catch the ball with such a grace and ease...nothings left from those times.
That is why I am not all too upset if the Rams come to LA this new Rams owner is much smarter than the black widow Georgia Frontier. Lol her husband couldn't swim well so they go to a boating trip and she tells law enforcement, "I don't know what happened to my husband." Just like that chick actress who mysteriously drowned everyone suspects the husband did it but they couldn't prove it back to the skins. Well they are going to suffer for a few years because of the RG3 trade. It's not just what you got it's what you could have had. Like take the Raiders when we picked up JaMarcus Russell, we are still hurting from that pick because the next pick was Calvin Johnson by the Redskins. Imagine how decent or even good the Raiders would be right now if they had a receiver. I am glad we didn't trade our first round top 5 pick for Harbaugh he wanted too much and he won't stay at Michigan. Redskins need to start over and take a chance on a QB.The Raiders found Derek Carr, who is a more than capable QB. He got a bad rap UNFAIRLY because his brother didn't have a successful career. I like our odds of landing WR Amari Cooper out of Alabama. He is the most NFL ready WR since Randy Moss, according to Mel Keyper and Todd McShay(two NFL draft guru's). Now back to the playoffs teams.

I think Denver is going to win but Peyton Manning is not the same QB he was three years ago OMAHA, OMAHA hike! They interviewed several Seattle defenders and they said, "We would audible our defense with less than 10 seconds on the clock so Manning couldn't audible out of the offense. Indy will do enough to make it a game and Luck is no Schmuck but Denver still has the overall better team. Same with the Ravens I think. I don't know the odds but I think the Ravens will be playing Denver. For the NFC Championship I know Green Bay is going and I want to say Carolina but I'll hold off on my NFC predictions. I know Dallas is not going and that was a BS call.

The NFL needs to answer for this one. They had a crew which hand't practiced together or officiated a game and they put them in a playoff game. The idiot ref, "Face guarding" is not PI. Well Fox had former head NFL official Mike Perrera break it down. It was a PI but the receiver for DET continued on his route. If he would have stopped, the defensive back would have bumped into the Det receiver causing the PI. However Det didn't lose because of the PI call. After they scored quickly, they gave the Cowboys too much time on the clock and yes they didn't want to give up the deep play on defense but they gave up the middle of the field and Romo was opportunistic enough to exploit that for the w. The defensive coordinator and head coach of Det need to be fired and I've been saying this for years. I am a Det #2 kind of a guy the Raiders are my #1 team but Stafford isn't doing it for me. He is decent but he is not worthy of his contract he is another Jay Cutler only I would take his leadership and playing ability over Cutler at least Stafford is still starting. The Lions need to get some studs on D. They have enough weapons on ffense maybe one or two more skilled guys or get better o line play for next year via draft and FA.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
This is a great home made photo from Redskins Instagram page though ;)

You can put a lipstick on a pig but it's still a pig. Pitsburgh fans must be desperate pretending to be a Redskins fan out of all teams lol. We got your number, just like I predicted you guys would be one in out but it must hurt losing to the "former Browns".

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Well it was a good game but honestly the hoody Bill Bilachik(spelling) outsmarted the Ravens. Notice in the first half the Ravens front 7 was getting pressure on Brady but in the 2nd half they were not? It's not because the Pats O line were all of a sudden better at pass protecting. It's because they went to three step quick drops, no huddle up tempo. I take back what I said about Tom Brady he can still play quarterback in the NFL at a high level, the playoffs. They were down by 14 points and with no running game they were able to beat the Ravens. The last TD was masterful. Brady noticed that the young CB was pressing against the NE WR. Well Brady exploited that and threw a 20 yard floater and the safety couldn't get there in time. That touchdown pass was set up beautifully quick passes to Amandolla then that strike to Edleman(Spelling) but you got to give Ravens credit they gave the Pats all they could handle. I thought they were going to win when it was 31 - 28.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Well it was a good game but honestly the hoody Bill Bilachik(spelling) outsmarted the Ravens. Notice in the first half the Ravens front 7 was getting pressure on Brady but in the 2nd half they were not? It's not because the Pats O line were all of a sudden better at pass protecting. It's because they went to three step quick drops, no huddle up tempo. I take back what I said about Tom Brady he can still play quarterback in the NFL at a high level, the playoffs. They were down by 14 points and with no running game they were able to beat the Ravens. The last TD was masterful. Brady noticed that the young CB was pressing against the NE WR. Well Brady exploited that and threw a 20 yard floater and the safety couldn't get there in time. That touchdown pass was set up beautifully quick passes to Amandolla then that strike to Edleman(Spelling) but you got to give Ravens credit they gave the Pats all they could handle. I thought they were going to win when it was 31 - 28.
I don't think belichick out smarted the Ravens if anything he was outsmarted for 55 minutes and got lucky. Being that he was at home , his team coming off 2 weeks rest he was outsmarted even according to Vegas since the patriots didn't cover the spread . Harbaugh wasted 2 timeouts in the second half and got the ravens a 15 yard unsportsmanship penalty for stepping on the field which turned out to be costly because instead of 7 points on that drive they could of had 3. And let's not forget the passing interference on Owen Daniels that wasn't called which would of put the ball on the 1 yard line . Ravens could of easily won and outmatched the patriots but they just shot themselves in the foot and got unlucky . This team still exceded my expectations and had a great season even with all media attention because of the Ray rice issue and all the injuries considering we had guys that were on other teams practice squads on our secondary .

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Ravens lost? Turn off the lights. Good night :)
After they were up it was 31-28 then Flacco threw a pic and Brady threw a floater to Edleman because the CB was playing press coverage. Harbaugh got outcoached those were two even teams and Baltimore was wining @ NE in Foxborough which is almost impossible but they lost at the end. They played well but it was not enough.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I don't think belichick out smarted the Ravens if anything he was outsmarted for 55 minutes and got lucky. Being that he was at home , his team coming off 2 weeks rest he was outsmarted even according to Vegas since the patriots didn't cover the spread . Harbaugh wasted 2 timeouts in the second half and got the ravens a 15 yard unsportsmanship penalty for stepping on the field which turned out to be costly because instead of 7 points on that drive they could of had 3. And let's not forget the passing interference on Owen Daniels that wasn't called which would of put the ball on the 1 yard line . Ravens could of easily won and outmatched the patriots but they just shot themselves in the foot and got unlucky . This team still exceded my expectations and had a great season even with all media attention because of the Ray rice issue and all the injuries considering we had guys that were on other teams practice squads on our secondary .
That really swing the momentum to the Pats side and actually it was a perfectly legal play. The Slot Receiver stepped back Brady right to the seem right in between that 4-3 defense in between the Mike, Will and Leo LB and the FS/SS. You might have a point it was a lucky play that worked out but playing the if game for a minute, if that play would have not worked and the Ravens came up wtih a pick it would have been over for NE. We can discuss this or that but now we are waiting on Indy vs Denver to see who will be playing in the AFC Championship game Vinitari's kick wide right just missed his first kick 30-31 now. Colts still lead by 7.

Oh and The Cowboys lost so that puts a smile on my face. Big ups to Seattle as well they are going to go back to the Super Bowl.