Nfl

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Not a Redskins fan but really excited to watch RGIII play.

I would pick Packers, NYGs, Texans and Ravens to make it to conference finals but it's always too early to predict before a game has been kicked off.

Anyway...

NFL GREATEST LEAGUE ON EARTH FOR THE GREATEST SPORT ON EARTH

That is all really

Dec 12, 2002
usa
well, great league,great sport,but unnecessarily roughness ,and stupid fouls,or i must say it dangerous foul which it might end a creerer or make a person sit home forever .

Oct 20, 2003
Never cared For never Liked the game.
Utterly boring with too many stoppage (time outs), overweight defensive players who are unable to see their belt buckles, two teams (offensive and defensive) in one, and devastating game for the players down the road with badly injured knees.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
NFL is a great league and football is a great sport but I don’t think it’s the greatest sport but the league is the most efficient and exciting league in the world because every year at week 1 every team has a chance to make it to the Super Bowl and that’s thanks to the salary cap which makes the league more competitive. It’s rough league and a injury can end a players career but that can happen in every sport but since its more probable in the NFL that’s why there are only 16 games each season. I think the NFL gets a lot of negative press outside of the US simply because non-American associate the sport as an all-American sport and most people outside of the US hate anything that’s associated with American culture . If that wasn’t the case the sport would be much bigger outside of the US .

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
^^I doubt it would catch on even if it didn't have the american baggage. There is just too much needed to play the sport like hockey.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
^^I doubt it would catch on even if it didn't have the american baggage. There is just too much needed to play the sport like hockey.
you can always play flag football...

I get the boring part...I mean, how long is there actual game in NFL? 5 minutes every game? But the way clubs are run, whole coaching, fitness, diet and everything, tactical development, it's hugely impressive.

I don't like the conservative family value baggage that comes with it but otherwise...it's a very competitive league and football on the two highest levels (NFL & NCAA) is in terms of tactical development hugely exciting and if I was a soccer coach, I would train off ball movement by showing them wide receivers and how they find space on the field and practice that way. It might actually be what Guardiola is doing watching NFL games in New York.

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
I still think Football (soccer) is the greatest sport on earth, but I agree, the NFL is the greatest professional league on earth. Nothing comes even close to it. Those who find it somewhat boring is because they don't have a favorite team. If you really want to get into football, place a $50 bet on a game that's being shown on TV parlay your bet with the over/under and before you know it, you are a football junkie..
damn, all the money I lost on football. lol

as far as who will be standing come late January, I think you have to go with teams that have the quarterbacks and good defenses. NY Giants, San Francisco, Green Bay, Patriots, Denver, Pittsburgh and the Baltimore Ravens. I think Patriots and Green Bay will play the Super Bowl, although the 9ers and the Ravens may have something to say about that.