NHL 2012 DRAFT & Free agent signing...

Nov 24, 2002
Depending on the length of the contract that might not be a bad move by Detroit. Kaberle use to be one of the best offensive defensemen in the league, and Detroit has alot of money.
2 more years @4.5 M a year ..
he isnt the DM used to be , his defense wasnt never that great and his offense quality dropped alot . so 4.5 for an offensive DM who doesnt produce much is too much
Therrien once as TV analyser in RDS called him a soft spaghetti LOLL!
I want see now as habs coach how he will deal with him , heard he is traning alot this summer ,last year he came totaly fat and out of shape to canes traning camp ...

Last edited:
May 1, 2012
I think Kaberle has all the necessary tools to turn his game around, and be the player he was with the Leafs. I find it odd that most habs fans are blindly criticizing this guy. IMO he was pretty good during his stay with us, maybe not so
strong defensively, but in a season where everything went wrong why it should've been different for him? I think most of the hate is due to the little reputation hes made for himself since leaving Toronto, but Detroit seems to be
the organization that'll get the best out of a player. Specially a player of Kaberle's caliber. I've seen him play alot against us. He can be as effective as the best QB's on power play.

Compared to Wideman, at two years 4.25 Kaberle is a great deal. Let's hope a deal is done before the season starts.

Btw, theres a rumor that Gally might start the season with the big club. Does that mean we're due for a trade? Way to many centers with 1 way contracts.

Nov 24, 2002
wideman is overall way better DM than kabs . way more balance , kabs defensive game wasnt never his strong point but he was so good in offesne that people would care less . i dont see him bounce back ! And specially not kind of DM our new coach would like ( and i dont blame him even i dont like therrien )

Iran#1

Bench Warmer
Oct 19, 2002
Montreal
wow, Flyers offered 100 M to Shea Weber for 14 years. that is the end for Nashville. I do not think they could match this offer. No Weber and no Sutter lets see how Rinnie will perform without these 2 super stars D

Nov 24, 2002
Nash to rangers ..
rangers total winner , basicaly nash vs dubinsky, cause rangers first rounder next year will be most likely like early second rounder , again howson was totaky outplayed by a GM in a trade !

about suther , man Gomez trade saved his job in Rangers and he was reborn as GM
First ROY trade in early 90 put habs 10 years behind and then Gomez put us 5 years ! Both Reggie Houle and Bob Gainey should be hang from their balls :insane:

May 1, 2012
Gally signed to a 3 years entry level contract. He will most probably get the max a rookie can earn.

2 many centers!! MB is gonna have to deal one of em soon.

Nov 24, 2002
max patch sign with discount 6 years 27 million ! a true warrior ! i guess injury had part to play otherwise he would sign for over 30 millions ..
baby hype contract goes soon as one of worse contract in NHL history ! 3th highest paid goalie in league with BIG FAT ZERO achivement , zero !!!!
6.5 M unfoooking beleivable !

May 1, 2012
Cause those above him have done something rightlol

Carey's contract is well deserved, and we both know he could've made Rinne/Lul money anywhere else.

With our tax system, Price gave us a discount. Probably the only good moves Gainey ever made were trading for Kovalev, and drafting Price.

I wanna start following the Impact. Have you been to a game yet?

Nov 24, 2002
Cause those above him have done something rightlol

Carey's contract is well deserved, and we both know he could've made Rinne/Lul money anywhere else.

With our tax system, Price gave us a discount. Probably the only good moves Gainey ever made were trading for Kovalev, and drafting Price.

I wanna start following the Impact. Have you been to a game yet?
you never saw me praise Luo or rinne contract both of it are joke !
Price contract is another one and soon the prssure of performing for monet he makes will catch him!
i dont know what you mean by: well deserved !
can you tell me the definition of well deserved usually when you get top 3 highest money in league you should have done something , won a trophy , finished in top 3 of league , etc ...what he did exactlly ?
all i hear is he WILL be a great goalie ! that just make me laugh!!!LOLLL!
loo at quick he won everything this year ! crazy season i dont say he will perform all time in this level but with all he achived he got a millon less than baby hype!
i agree with tax issue but then everyone can say that cole can say that max patch who signed with very much discount can say that .. !
anyway i dont see having a season before january !