NHL 2012 DRAFT & Free agent signing...

Nov 24, 2002
so far big news was jordan staal to canes
mike riberio to caps

habs get alex Galchenyuk . very amazing player , hope he recovered 100% from injury
i also like very much Dumba drafted by minny , very amazing DM ..

Nov 24, 2002
[video=youtube;Y9dAKzgCu70]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9dAKzgCu70&feature=player_embedded[/video]

May 1, 2012
What uppppp!!!

I'm so happy with MB's work today. I love the Armstrong signing, 1 mil 1 year, perfect!

Prust, is IMO .5/year overpaid, but whatever it's Quebec's shitty tax.

Happy to see Boullion back as well, hes gonna be a great 7th D.

This is what I call no risk contracts. Beautiful.

We have too many centers now, so it's possible MB is working on a trade.

Pleks+Prospects for Patrick Kane?? Even tho I think Pleks alone should be enough, I doubt Chicago will agree.

May 1, 2012
Ribero's trade was awful. Getting rid of your number 1 center for absolutely nothing, and then signing a 40 year old to a 2 year contract.

The Bob Gainey effect. LOL

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
That is stupid contract for price!! I am not the guy fan but even if u give this money to a guy like quick who won everything this year i would say same!! Really stupid ..6.5 for a guy to yet get a simple nomination and his biggest achivement was winning kids cup 6 years a go ?!!!then people say why i call him hype
Now he will have tons of pressure on him already i see on forums people pisssed at comtract even his fans ..
Problem started with preds giving rinne 7 to prove to sutter and weber we are building team and keep our solid goalie but they kind of screwed market and now sutter leaving !!
Quick 5.5 vs hype 6.5 can you do anything except just laughing?!!at least rinne got vezie nomiee and had league best save% for couple years ,even i find 7 m a real joke ..

Last edited:

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
wow both Parise and Suter went to Wilds. that is huge
i am happy for their fans , they saw their original team move (north stars) to dallas and win the cup there ( a bit like nordique ) .
Minny is only place in state that people play hockey maybe more than canada , their program of developement is very active and prove is many players coming from there ..
good for them ...

May 1, 2012
Parise is very good, but hes no 'super star' or a franchise player to be signed for 13 years, 98 million. I don't know Suter, but from what I've read hes been paired up with Weber for most of his time in Nashville,
so he could probably turn into another Komisarek. lol Brutal.

May 1, 2012
Whatever happened to Detroit signing Semin, Parise and Suter? lol

You look at Radulov's 9.whatever per year contract in Russia, TAX FREE, you know Semin can land a similar contract over there.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Don't worry about the wings. Holland won't sign anyone to a ridiculous contract, and Suter is being overpaid. We still have Smith who can take one D position, and worst case scenario we trade for a good defensemen.

May 1, 2012
Apparently Holland offered Suter 80 mil/13 years at first, and that got Suter thinking. Holland was quite desperate to get Suter, cause he later increased the offer by 10 mil. 90/13years.

Ridiculous contract? Agreed, but I doubt you'd say the same if he was a redwing.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Or that was all part of his genius to run up the price on Suter. Probably not though. Regardless Suter is being overpaid and we don't even know if he is a legitimate talent without Weber.

Anyway, even if we don't sign anyone we can always wait for bargains after the new CBA agreement is reached. But I think Holland will sign someone or make a trade. It's hard to imagine the wings starting the season and not being a contender.

Nov 24, 2002
Rick Dudley Interview ..
just listen to part when they asked him question about nashville D core !
the guy hockey knowledge is pretty impressive ! he can still be a GM in NHL he wants too . good catch by habs ..

Nov 24, 2002
So these are the 5 key points the NHL have asked of the NHLPA;

1) Players revenue to go from 57% to 46%

2) 10 seasons before a player can achieve UFA status

3) 5-year contract limit

4) No more Salary Arbitration

5) Entry level contracts to go from 3-years to 5-years in length.

is a bit extreme
something like this can be reasonable
1) Players revenue to go from 57% to 52%

2) 8 seasons before a player can achieve UFA status

3) 7-year contract limit (1st and final season have to be the same salary)

4) Salary Arbitration only in the final 2 years of RFA status

5) Entry level contracts stay at 3-years in length.

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
man ,it will be something to dump his contract..

btw: look like we will see another strike ...
Depending on the length of the contract that might not be a bad move by Detroit. Kaberle use to be one of the best offensive defensemen in the league, and Detroit has alot of money.