NHL play-off 2017

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Man those sharks have been the biggest joke of the NHL for close to 10 years. year in and year out people expected them to win the trophy and i somehow knew they wouldnt. They lacked something very obviously and people seemed to ignore it and it was heart. They lacked heart throughout all those years. They always beat up a few teams during the regulars and once the playoffs started and the level of teams tenaciousness raised, they couldnt handle it. whenever the game became something for men and no more for boys, they couldnt keep up.

Nov 24, 2002
Funny is McDavid didn't even play his best hockey yet(one goal, empty netter so far). Imagine if he wakes up.

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Bruins losing also, they have lots of injuries on D, playing pretty much with Providence defense.
This is sad though. I always had a soft spot for the Bruins for always playing a no nonsense style. I dont know if you remember the big bad bruins but they have been known for being tough mother fuckers throughout several decades.

Nov 24, 2002
This is sad though. I always had a soft spot for the Bruins for always playing a no nonsense style. I dont know if you remember the big bad bruins but they have been known for being tough mother fuckers throughout several decades.
I watched few videos of Big bad bruins, but we hired their coach which is influenced by this style, and he fcuked up our identity in playoff, we are fast-skating team, first on puck, but our GM went after some big bodies such as King who can't skate and rely only on bang bang hockey and that took away some of our identities. Hockey changed man, in 2017 SPEED is everything, kids of 18-22/23 years old killing the league, if you can't skate you are out of this league.

It is probably the only sport if you come to the training camp and not %100 fit, it shows right away. Athletes train like animal in hockey. No other pro sport do it as much as hockey imo.

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Its still the right mix of strenght and speed that makes you win trophies. Its been this way before and its still the same. NHL hockey is still a game of physical intimidation the only difference is that the whole thing happens a lot faster, even the intimidation part! You can have loads of those 5-9, 180 speedsters and an average big team will kill them and make them shy away from the net or avoiding the hits at the edges. The team with the right mix of speed and overall toughness wins it all and with toughness i dont mean fighting as fighting is a no go in the playoffs. You just have to have the heart, body and tenaciousness to not back down and keep going where it hurts most. You need to be able to eat up three huge hits and ask for even more instead of starting to avoid certain situations out of fear of hits and jams. The Oilers made a living by sometimes lining up one of the toughest lineups where everyone could pick and fight and win but those guys still were able to play hockey on a high level. They had guys like Semenko, Kurri, Marty- carry your stick on the ice- McSorley, Brown....

Nov 24, 2002
Sure you need to be physical, it is the sport of contact and anyone who is scared of that(most of the times Europeans in their first years), they can't last long.... i didn't mean otherwise... As example in your 4th line you need some skills, guys able to score around 10 goals a year. It is no more goon hockey. I mean this year Habs-Rangers series was most physical of all of them and even the number of hits were doubled for most of teams(so far) it wasn't as years before.

Nov 24, 2002
Price won a total of 4 series in 8 playoff years. It would be nice the best so called goalie in the world actually win in playoff.
Outplayed by Biron
Outplayed by Anderson
Outplayed by Lundq now

Everyone looks like a fcuking monster facing him. This is not team canada that you can even win gold with AHL caliber goalie. It is funny everytime people mention his gold medals with team canada. This is like saying Fleury won cup with Pens or Osgood won couple with Wings

Nov 24, 2002
In tight low scoring playoff hockey it is 1 or two goals which make the difference.

Yes we didn't score manys(11) but most of teams such as St-Louis, Ottawa, Nashville, Rangers, Edmonton scored between 10 to 12-13 goals.
Rangers scored just 1 more than us(except two Empty nets). Another proof of one extra save can be HUGE.

Nov 24, 2002
Leafs eliminated but what a team. 5 OT matches against a team like Caps. 7 rookies. This team will be good for the next decade. They need more depth in D and probably a better goalie but having a team like this many UFA will sign with them now.

Oct 1, 2004
Habs need to forget about this language crap. Just hire the best.

and Leafs go down again. Huge potential on the team, but they are very annoying. You're basically brainwashed to love them in Canada outside of Montreal.

Nov 24, 2002
Habs need to forget about this language crap. Just hire the best.
This is really stupid indeed. Only some fcuked up minds can private a team from the best possible coaches and GM just for sake of language. Worse of all is GM position who give interviews once a two or three months, who give a fcuk if the GM speaks french or not and Habs problem is not only the language, it is GM keeps hiring his buddies for the farm team coaching job, players development, etc

Habs farm and prospect tank is pretty empty(only Sergachev which was drafted high last year), we were terrible in drafts in last 10 years, only 5 regulars play in NHL during this period, our farm team made the playoff in AHL after long time. There is no center depth, neither much of forward and defense in farm team. Only position we have a bit of depth is goalie(with Lindgren and McNvien) but then again we already have Price.

Our head of scouting, Timmins failed miserably, other than his jackpot draft in 07 with Patch, Mcdonagh and Subban, he was a real choker after. Players fail to develop in our system(Ghalchenyuk, Beaulieu) and no coincidence that our rookie forward Lehkonen who had great surprising year was developed in Sweden and just jumped to North America this year.

For once we need to get rid of higher management, and go for the real hockey people. I liked Bowman and JQ press conference after elimination against Nashville, they both kept saying we make sure this disaster doesn't happen again, in Montreal making playoff is already considered as the biggest achievement, all talks about cup is just BS. When Bergevin was hired as GM 5 years a go he had a so called 5 years plan, today our team stand worse than where it was back to 5 years a go in level of depth and player development.