NHL play-off 2017

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Oilers, Ducks and Preds are all three great teams, have a feeling we may see Preds-Pens final. I just hope Oilers make it.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
wow so far two conf final goes to game 7 and i won't be surprised if the same thing happen between Rangers and Sens.

Babr

Banned
Nov 24, 2002
Expansion of NHL through the years, Vegas becomes the 31st team and we will have the expansion draft this year.

[video=youtube;wjmGugcxOQw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=11&v=wjmGugcxOQw[/video]

Nov 24, 2002
WTF! Sens through to conference final!!!
Sens are not that great team and kind of benefit from an easy road to the final(yes something that Habs fcuked it up), in first round they played against a Bruins with a Providence(Bruins farm team) defense as Bruins 3-4 regular defensemen were injured, in second round they had a bit of luck(other than game 6) and overall i think Rangers was better team but hats off to them to win the crucial game 6. Anyway non of Sens or Rangers was going to make it to the final and their run will come most likely to come to the end against either Pens or Caps, even i hate Sens i hope one Canadian team go all the way, which will be hard, Oilers may have a bit of chance if they beat Ducks tonight though.

Feb 4, 2005
Sens are not that great team and kind of benefit from an easy road to the final(yes something that Habs fcuked it up), in first round they played against a Bruins with a Providence(Bruins farm team) defense as Bruins 3-4 regular defensemen were injured, in second round they had a bit of luck(other than game 6) and overall i think Rangers was better team but hats off to them to win the crucial game 6. Anyway non of Sens or Rangers was going to make it to the final and their run will come most likely to the end against either Pens or Caps, even i hate Sens i hope one Canadian team go all the way, which will be hard, Oilers may have a bit of chance if they beat Ducks tonight though.
It could have been Leafs had we won at least one of the gazillion games we lost in shootouts during regular season. That one extra point in regular season would have put Toronto ahead of Boston. Oh well.

Nov 24, 2002
It could have been Leafs had we won at least one of the gazillion games we lost in shootouts during regular season. That one extra point in regular season would have put Toronto ahead of Boston. Oh well.
The whole playoff format is fuck up, Jacket and Pens and Caps dominated the league in east for the most part of the season and they had to face each others in the first two round while teams like Sens, Rangers or Habs could get the easy pass to conference final.

This format of playoff makes the whole effort of finishing top during 82 games meaningless.

Nov 24, 2002
My predication is Preds in 7, Pens in 6.

I got all my predication for the last round right, except i predicated Oilers in 7, the rest including the number of the matches in a win was exactly the same :)

Have a feeling it will be Preds year, they remind of Kings few years a go when finished 8th and went all the way.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Congrats to the Mighty Ducks, should be a good series v Predators. I can relate to the Mighty Ducks because people underestimate both of us. Remember at the start of the playoffs, I said, "those who underestimate the Mighty Ducks, usually regret it?" I can relate to that one go Ducks, my uncle is a retired structural engineer, for the city of Anaheim. When I am in town, I try to go to the games because he receives tickets. They are not my team but I support them.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
DAAAM it is 7 min left in the the first and Ottawa scored FOUR GOALS, INSANE V Penguins!. This must be some sort of NHL record 4 goals and there is still a solid half of the first period left!

Nov 24, 2002
Sens are leading 2-1 against Pens and Preds same score against Ducks. who would have thought Sens allow only 2 goals in 3 matches? The issue with Pens is the defense as i said before is not that strong and i feel there aren't much gas left in the tank.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Ducks have only themselves to blame IF they chock this one. I can't believe Nashville scored with 34 seconds left. First the Ducks were up 2-0, then 2-1 and now we are in OT. It is true: there were some questionable calls but Ducks did not, coach speak cliche time "EXECUTE!"

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2002
Preds lost their no1 C Ryan Johansen, and the gap in level of talent between him and Fischer(no2 C) is huge, i don't see this team win the cup with such a huge loss.

Pens also have lots of injuries in defense, Letang is out and now Schultz is injured also and non of their D are top pairing materials right now(maybe Maatta eventually but not now).