NHL Playoff 2016

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Couldnt go through another session til 5 o clock in the morning...watched the first and went to bed but what i have seen showed me why i predicted Pens vs. Blues even way before this round of playoffs. We are getting closer... only the Bolts, Preds or Sharks remain to be eliminated to get there :)

Nov 24, 2002
Sharks also advanced and trashed Preds 5-0 tonight.

Bolts had probably easiest way to conf final compare to other 3 teams.

My conf final predication

Sharks in 6
Pens in 6

Nov 24, 2002
Bolts won the first game, is kind of surprising they are doing it without Stamkos and Starlman, their best forward and second best D.

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
I knew this would happen...i knew it...whenever a team is written off way before you even meet them, i know somethings gonna go wrong...

Bolts are tougher than the Capitals so far. I am so happy the Pens could get it done in the second game but now the real tough work will begin. Playing them in Tampa will be a tough task and i hope they can get one of those two games to win back the home ice advantage.

Feb 4, 2005
Tampa deserves world of credit for reaching this far without their stars. And that backup goalie (as well as Murray of Pens) shining at such stage. Beautiful first two games so far.

Nov 24, 2002
Tampa deserves world of credit for reaching this far without their stars. And that backup goalie (as well as Murray of Pens) shining at such stage. Beautiful first two games so far.
Vasilevskiy is probably best young goalie in league. There is lots of hope for him.

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Vasilevskiy is not the best young goalie in the NHL. Murray is. Generally you have to be careful when you name a young russian the best young goalie in t he NHL. A lot of them disappear as fast as they pop up. The latest russian so called "best young goalie" in the NHL who got talked up was Bobrovsky and we all know how that ended up.

Nov 24, 2002
Both are hot goalie prospects whether whether they become an elite goalie or not time will tell us, Vasilevskiy is a first round pick and usually teams are caution about drafting goalie in first round unless he is exceptional or they see huge potential there, as many of elite goalies are drafted in round 2 or 3, because Vasilevskiy is first rounder compare to Murray(3rd rounder) expectation is higher and so far he is responding well.

There is always danger for Russians to leave for KHL but many of new young generation Russian kids have a different mentality and want play in best league in world which is NHL. They are more prepared, taking English courses from younger age, some even come to North America to play their junior hockey.

Nov 24, 2002
Sharks dominated STL tonight. Sharks are for real this time. They played too much physical hockey hope they can keep it up all the way.

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Both are hot goalie prospects whether whether they become an elite goalie or not time will tell us, Vasilevskiy is a first round pick and usually teams are caution about drafting goalie in first round unless he is exceptional or they see huge potential there, as many of elite goalies are drafted in round 2 or 3, because Vasilevskiy is first rounder compare to Murray(3rd rounder) expectation is higher and so far he is responding well.

There is always danger for Russians to leave for KHL but many of new young generation Russian kids have a different mentality and want play in best league in world which is NHL. They are more prepared, taking English courses from younger age, some even come to North America to play their junior hockey.
I know all that but the history of russian goalies tells me not to be so fast. Goalie is simply not the position they are known for excelling at as lets say the Czech. Vasilevskiy is more known for his physical might at 6'7. He easily covers the whole goal and so far he has been good when it comes to quickness and reaction too. Its just to be seen if he can be consistent at doing it over the curse of a whole season. However Murry didnt do himself any favor in the second game and i am happy the Penguins won that game because the second goal he let in was a soft goal and he did it right when the Pens were about to pressure the Bolts. Such things kill whole games, a goalie needs to be there when needed and Murray gave me a scare in that one because he simply wasnt there and i thought if the Bolts were able to shoot a few more at him, he would let in a couple more. However the Bolts are doing a good job matching the Penguins speed and thats caught the Pens off guard. The Penguins have still generated a lot of pressure on the Bolts in both games, outshooting them big time, even in the first one that they lost the Pens outshot them 35-20.

Nov 24, 2002
What a game indeed. Best hockey this year, i usually lose motivation when Habs are not around but man this year was something.

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Vasilevskiy has been outstanding so far and keeps Bolts in game.
This fucking guy is driving me crazy! He is the only reason why the Pens are not leading by 4! Penguins are all over them, they had stretches of utter dominance in full strenght but it looked as if they were on powerplay!

Apr 15, 2016
Suisse
Finally! Pens score after utterly dominating the Bolts in the second period outshooting them 21-6!
They are playing fantastic dominant hockey right now and if they keep up this insane pace, i am not sure the Bolts can hang in there for much longer.