no more carpet or pesteh to US even for personal use?

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
I talked to a CBP officer and he said based on their new guidelines you can't even bring that stuff in for noncommercial use effective Sep 29. It's very possible they are going to be ceased at the airport. I don't know whether it's going to be enforced or not, but it is now prohibited to bring any item of Iranian origin with no exceptions.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
I've seen a few Persian rug store go out of business within the last few months but then again these days everybody is going out of business.
If anything their business should pick up since no more rugs will be imported for the forseeable future.

ahmad-a

Bench Warmer
Feb 9, 2007
I've seen a few Persian rug store go out of business within the last few months but then again these days everybody is going out of business.
20 years ago, I knew some one in rug business who opened store in different cities so he can have going out of business sale in few month. He did this 4-5 times during 2 years we live in the same city.

Oct 20, 2003
Going out of business is the business of the Persian Rug owners. They put up a going out of business, telling people everything is markdown 70% to 80% discount when it was not, close down and move to some other place. I have seen them doing this over and over.