Nobel Peace Prize 2013 goes to...

I was slightly bewildered at Nobel Prize's choice for its peace award. I never heard of the OPCW until they won the award. It goes to show how much they're doing to eliminate chemical weapons. I'm happy of their intentions, however and their efforts so far, but they have such a long way to go.

Let me spark a debate: Should there be a Nobel Peace Prize?

Although it's great to recognise those who go out of their way to benefit society and bring the global community harmoniously together but the list of people doing this has decreased significantly in recent years. As soon as we want to award someone like Barack Obama a few years back, one way or another, there will be someone or something which will test their "peaceful intentions". America's shutdown is a prime example of this. The poor handling of Syria another.

Some argue Malala should have won it because of her campaign in getting young girls excel in education. While this is admirable, it would have been daft to have awarded her the Nobel Peace Prize. Her vision takes years to build and maintain. Her winning the Nobel Peace Prize is like saying "well done on making the world a better place, now your work is complete".

The Nobel Peace Prize today is losing the point. OPCW should have won this prize once they've completed their conquest several years from now.

There have been some noble winners of this prize, I agree. However, we are now living in a world where it's difficult to find anyone who has made the world a better place and keep to their word until their vision is a complete reality. The media, particularly in the 21st Century, has the capability of turning people from inspiring champions to villains. Jimmy Savile is a fine example, although, we're glad now he's been exploited as a villain after his horrid actions. He may never have been considered as a winner of the Nobel Peace Prize but we were led to believe in the 1960s-2010 that he was a true gent and inspiration.

I am all for recognising people who have done the world of good but to me, the meaning of the Nobel Peace Prize is slowly being lost. You could see why Nelson Mandela won it in 1993 as he played a significant part in getting rid of the Apartheid in South Africa while Mother Theresa deserved her prize in 1979 as we always knew her legacy will still live on today.

The news isn't helping the Nobel Peace Prize's reputation:

However in 2013, I cannot think of one person whose legacy will live on, even after their passing. Can you?

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
They should award Assad with a Nobel prize in Chemistry :p
LOL. He actually jokingly told a Lebanese TV station that he should have won the Nobel Peace Prize! I'm sure Alfi would be flipping in his grave if he knew what's going on with his prize. Wouldn't be surprised at all if Rohani or Bibi win it next year! The former for coming to a negotiated solution on the nuclear issue and the latter for making some headway with the Palestinians. Strange world we live in!

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
LOL....really...This Noble Peace keeps getting funnier i.e. more stupid by each passing year...

on paper....Russia and IRI should have received this if for no other reason than saving Aberooye Noble Committee and preventing one of its former award winners ( Obama) from committing mass genocide....

the good thing is..These Charlatans are not fooling anyone anymore...

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
LOL....really...This Noble Peace keeps getting funnier i.e. more stupid by each passing year...

on paper....Russia and IRI should have received this if for no other reason than saving Aberooye Noble Committee and preventing one of its former award winners ( Obama) from committing mass genocide....

the good thing is..These Charlatans are not fooling anyone anymore...
Yeah i also suggest to nominate IR for that prize. I mean they have killed and massacred close to 20 000 political prisoners in the 80s. Afterwards they have done countless other efforts that deserved to be awarded with nobel peace prize like cracking down on demonstrators, beating up and killing them, gang banging men and women in prison, putting shishe zamzam up their asses, ... i mean when it comes to services of a government to their own people and on national stage, no one beats IR. Even those heyvoons in Syria are mostly foreigners who are killing syrians but IR is doing a heck of a job to their own people. They truely deserve this prize

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
Yeah i also suggest to nominate IR for that prize. I mean they have killed and massacred close to 20 000 political prisoners in the 80s. Afterwards they have done countless other efforts that deserved to be awarded with nobel peace prize like cracking down on demonstrators, beating up and killing them, gang banging men and women in prison, putting shishe zamzam up their asses, ... i mean when it comes to services of a government to their own people and on national stage, no one beats IR. Even those heyvoons in Syria are mostly foreigners who are killing syrians but IR is doing a heck of a job to their own people. They truely deserve this prize
But its the Noble Peace Prize...so all those " qualities..lol" u mentioned has nothing to do with the Prize...

seriously though..IRI has done exactly as she has advertised , the weakness..the inability..everything...lies at the foot of ourselves..the people of Iran.....

as an optimist, I must say though...We will come around and be a better nation though this experience....I see a good future for Iran..not immediately...but not too far either...20-30 yrs.

And China...U of all people, I would think , could sort of appreciate the position our country is sort of defaulted into....I mean past all the nasty things u mentioned...think about it...who else would play the role of the opposition in todays world..? if not for Iran...and believe me I'm asking many times ..why us?...but after Soviet Union..and now we know how important the role they played in keeping the equilibrium for so many yrs ...and done so with much disadvantage to themselves... but after the soviet Union and through a complicated set of circumstances...this role has fallen into our lap....a tiny nation comparing to USSR....but a nation , a culture with something to say that , even with all the problems and all the hurt to our nation..sometimes I must admire our role...bcuz no one else would do it and our world has to have that opposing pole...

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
But its the Noble Peace Prize...so all those " qualities..lol" u mentioned has nothing to do with the Prize...

seriously though..IRI has done exactly as she has advertised , the weakness..the inability..everything...lies at the foot of ourselves..the people of Iran.....

as an optimist, I must say though...We will come around and be a better nation though this experience....I see a good future for Iran..not immediately...but not too far either...20-30 yrs.

And China...U of all people, I would think , could sort of appreciate the position our country is sort of defaulted into....I mean past all the nasty things u mentioned...think about it...who else would play the role of the opposition in todays world..? if not for Iran...and believe me I'm asking many times ..why us?...but after Soviet Union..and now we know how important the role they played in keeping the equilibrium for so many yrs ...and done so with much disadvantage to themselves... but after the soviet Union and through a complicated set of circumstances...this role has fallen into our lap....a tiny nation comparing to USSR....but a nation , a culture with something to say that , even with all the problems and all the hurt to our nation..sometimes I must admire our role...bcuz no one else would do it and our world has to have that opposing pole...
This is romance bey, this is fantasy. This is the kind of mostazaf people who they want to make us look like. Even those roles you are talking about are given to us. Its not like Iran is controling its own destiny. A country that its government has been brought upon them by either english or americans in the last 100 years. This and nothing else is the bitter reality of that country bey. I mean this world doesnt function like you said bey, a fucked up country deeply khoraafaati and backward, ruled by ye mosht boo gandooye shiie, ruled by creatures who are products of hoze elmiye, their heads full of shit written by sick motherfuckers like Mammad bagher majlesi...iran has no business even thinking about independence and progress with this kind of past, present and future. Go read Brzezinski and his views about Soviet Union. I mean we are not even pashm of soviet union and the americans even pushed the soviets in to that role. They didnt want to be the bad lefty commie but the US needed them to play the role of the bad guy and they did. Really Brzezinski disclosed alot of secret stuff. He even admitted that it was the US that pushed the soviets to afghanistan to "give them their vietnam".

Aare amoo joon, IR (you call it iran, i say IR) is surely playing a role, but not the kind of heroic role you dream of. Its a role thats given to them by the same people who brought them up back in 79. The same IR can be gotten rid of much easier than likes of Saddam and Assad but instead they send greetings to the leaders. Hich esteghlaali dar iran vojood nadaare bey, inaa hamash koso sheraaiye ke be khorde baraadaraane mosalmoon midan ke betoonan baa in khiaal roozo be shab beresoonan.

AFRIRAN

IPL Player
Jun 8, 2010
the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW) for its extensive efforts to eliminate chemical weapons. AHAHAHAHA...looooool.
http://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/2013/press.html

First that war criminal Obama, now these Chemical bla bla inspectors,....

Wait a minute, cant we award Adolf Hitler the Nobel Peace Prize for his efforts from 1932 to 1945? As posthumous? :D

Daash China, somebody should start a campaign to get back that piece of shit from Obama , there are many many people on the web sending message to the committee , they cannot resist if that negar take a wrong obvious step .

aslan oomadim ino beporsim azat baraadar ke Hitler aadam badi bood be nazar-e shooma ? be nazar-e hajit ke ye naabegheye meehanparast-e bee nazir bood , propagandaaye een germanhaaye rooshanfekr ro nakhar daash , mesl-e gay right inam mode-e ke zed Hitler baashan germanhaa.

ps. agar Rouhani Nobel peace prize ro nabord maa esmemoono mizaarim aghdas ke kheili doosesh daarim ... Rouhani is the next

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
who else would play the role of the opposition in todays world..? if not for Iran...
You are dripping with praise for akhoonds. So the divine duty of fighting injustice and maintaining peace all over the world is reluctantly on the shoulders of the Islamic Republic. Would you go as far as saying that they are the beacon of freedom, the shining city on the hill, the place that the poor and the oppressed of the world yearn to move to? Where would all of us be without them.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
You really want to be taken seriously after you say that!?

Not everything is about Syria. But assuming it is, IR was against Western intervention in Syria not because it loves peace or it was worried about the death of civilians. The only reason was to maintain their own interests, non of which are peaceful. Assad killed thousands of innocent civilians and IR closed its eyes.

Russia and China too don't give a damn about human rights and human life. Russia is too concerned about its own influence in the Mediterranean and their military base which the Assads accommodate nicely. Otherwise only a complete naive moron, born yesterday, will be fooled by Putin's journalistic efforts and cries for peace.

What you said is what I expect to hear from blind IR supporters by the way.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I don't know why these people keep living under such tyrannical genocidal leaders in the West Behrooz jaan. Why not just move to Iran, Syria, Russia or even China and live under the great leaders they so admire?! Assad is better than Obama, Putin's better than Obama, GREAT! If you want to be taken seriously, make your next post from Syria or Russia!

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
na AghAyoon...you are conveniently changing the jest of what I said....pretty much in the same tradition of tabloid mentality that rules the " advanced" world.

1st of all...it'd be good to make this point right away that " an opposing view" is not and should not counted as an "enemy " ...should not, but the implications of that " enemy" and " axis of evil"..and the rest is just too good to neglect for the ever growing charlatan population of this world.

On the Noble prize, although meant more or less as a political satire..but the way this prize has gone would totally make my comment even relevant...

Agha behrooz e einstein...when the dearest IRI farmood ..West should not intervene...to anyone not pretending to be a mongol or something...it would mean : West must quit playing this evil role of Arming and funding a bunch of " Heyvoons" to other people's homes and create 5 million refugees and turn an absolutely functioning and co- existing country into a rubble...age to mikhay khodeto be khariat bezani...ur prerogative...I wrote right at the outset right here on ISP... "FSA ? khar khodetonin "...u'd be fair enough to admit that I knew what I was talking about.

So right here on this most recent point, it's abundantly clear and as hard as it is for all of us to accept it....I know...but , IRI was if nothing else, a very much needed , opposing view in this case and allah knows..lol..how many others.....I can go on forever knowing full well..If I enumerate their international stances....it's just too bitter for all of us , myself included, after all these years to give them the credit when its due.....after all , every one and their amme is piling on IRI....how fresh is that...how hard would that be....taking the safest stand....yep.

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
blah blah blah....all the diatribe I have heard from regime supporters over the years. You credit IR with telling the west not to interfere as though they somehow give a damn about "heyvoons" and 5 million refugees. You really believe they do and that is where your argument can easily be discredited. For what it's worth, Assad's actions had as much, if not more, to do with people losing their homes and become refugees.
When IR armed the bunch of heyvoons in the form of Syrian army, they have no moral authority to tell anyone else not to do the same thing. You are being a mongol here if you can't understand this simple facts.

You don't need to believe me. Just get out of your IR box and try to listen to many Syrians who lost someone or had to flee their homes. Listen to them and who they blame. Listen to their accounts of how Assad's forces attacked their homes and killed and ravaged their towns looking for anyone who sided against the dictator. You are saying that you know more than those people on the grounds. Hundreds of thousands of Syrians who lost their homes and loved-ones to Assad's brutality. Perhaps you want to remember why Assad refused international delegates to freely go into villages and speak to ordinary people? They have their experiences to tell while you just parrot IR's line and expect your sheep to believe that Assad is totally innocent.

You just carry on believing that Assad is the clean freedom loving saint. It just shows how clueless you are.

Last edited: