Norooz 2565 Khojasteh Baad!

Liberator

Bench Warmer
Oct 1, 2005

As we approach the Iranian Year of 2565, I wish above all health and prosperity to my countrymen.
I pray for my countrymen in Iran to be free of the culture of death, destruction and backwardedness of 1400 years and for it to be replaced with our Iranian culture of good thoughts, good words, good deeds, happiness, cherishing life, love, and being IRANIAN.
I pray for good harvests for our farmers, for our workers' rights to be honored, for our teachers to be given the resepct they deserve, for our students to be able to pursue their education in a country that does not seek to oppress them and their opinions but encourages them to express themselves, for our women to regain the rightful dignified status that they once had in this ancient land, for our children to be able to live a happy life without having to face imposed cruelties, I pray for the people of Iran.

May the Iranian spirit enter each and every Iranian this New Year and aliven the dormant Iranian soul!

May Iran rise from her ashes!

God bless Iran! God bless the true children of Iran!
PAYANDEH IRAN VA IRANI!

NOROOZ 2565 KHOJASTE BAAD!

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
happy norouz and thanks for putting it by the real years

Shamshir
shahname
shah dane
shirini
shir
shale daan
shemshad

Liberator

Bench Warmer
Oct 1, 2005
OSTAD POOYA said:

Shamshir
shahname
shah dane
shirini
shir
shale daan
shemshad

Pooya-jaan,

Why should I post the Taazi year when it's the Iranian New Year we are celebrating? It's just not logical.

NOROOZET FARKHONDEH BAAD!
HAROOZET NOROOZ BAAD!

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
OSTAD POOYA said:

Shamshir
shahname
shah dane
shirini
shir
shale daan
shemshad
Mageh esm faamileh, It's haft (7) Seen, Seen as "S".

Also, it's norooz of 1385 in terms of calender. No calender is that reliable so let's just go with what people have on their walls right now.

You guys make everything out to be a fight against IRI or something, it's getting annoying.

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
shawshank said:

Also, it's norooz of 1385 in terms of calender. No calender is that reliable so let's just go with what people have on their walls right now.

You guys make everything out to be a fight against IRI or something, it's getting annoying.
It's a war when they try to destroy everything Iranian and make it Islamic! 1385 is an Islamic calender .... 2565 is IRANIAN!

Liberator

Bench Warmer
Oct 1, 2005
Silverton said:
It's a war when they try to destroy everything Iranian and make it Islamic! 1385 is an Islamic calender .... 2565 is IRANIAN!

Thank you for reiterating something that should be OBVIOUS to every Iranian.

NOROOZET PIROOZ BAAD!

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
The hejri years are arabic and not iranian. Why would we have a calander based on some arabs migration. the reason for the sh post was that there are some documents that suggest that it was 7 sh in which was later turned into s after the islamic invasion. I just posted it for the historical reference of our tradition.

Liberator

Bench Warmer
Oct 1, 2005
shawshank said:

SAALEH 2565 IRANI-RO SHAAD-BAASH MIGOOYAM BE HAMEYE HAMIHANANAM!
:wave::Iran1:

shawshank said:

Its not about a war... its about not selling out.
And Shawshank jaan you shouldn't sell out so easely either.

Norouze hamegi shad va pirouz!!!

:Iran1:

OSTAD POOYA said:
The hejri years are arabic and not iranian. Why would we have a calander based on some arabs migration. the reason for the sh post was that there are some documents that suggest that it was 7 sh in which was later turned into s after the islamic invasion. I just posted it for the historical reference of our tradition.
That is absolutely correct Ostad jaan and I remember for 2 or 3 years ago a local Iranian channel had a Iranian historian on their show @ Norouz and he explained this and said that it had been 7 SH instead of S before the invasion. And one of the things he mentioned was that there was wine on the table but after the arabic invation and the banning of alcohol they changed the wine to serke cause they were brewed the same way and stuff like that.

I wish I had my equipment back then so that I could have recorded it. And to me it sounds very likely that it was so.

Norouzet khojaste baad!

Liberator

Bench Warmer
Oct 1, 2005
Pouya said:
Its not about a war... its about not selling out.
And Shawshank jaan you shouldn't sell out so easely either.

Norouze hamegi shad va pirouz!!!

:Iran1:
BTW The Iranian Imperial Year of 2565 is based on the unification by, Cyrus the Great, of the TWO Iranian Kingdoms at that time (Medes and Persian) into ONE UNIFIED COUNTRY. It was on this date 2565 years ago that Iran became one unified country. And to me this the most appropriate Iranian calendar since its PURELY IRANIAN and does not have any "religious" connotations to it. Who better than Cyrus the Great to be the founder of our calendar.

Anyhow...

NOROOZET KHOJASTEH BAAD!
GOTT NYTT
ÅR!

Liberator said:

BTW The Iranian Imperial Year of 2565 is based on the unification by, Cyrus the Great, of the TWO Iranian Kingdoms at that time (Medes and Persian) into ONE UNIFIED COUNTRY. It was on this date 2565 years ago that Iran became one unified country. And to me this the most appropriate Iranian calendar since its PURELY IRANIAN and does not have any "religious" connotations to it. Who better than Cyrus the Great to be the founder of our calendar.

Anyhow...

NOROOZET KHOJASTEH BAAD!
GOTT NYTT
ÅR!

Gott nytt året RIGHT BACK AT YOU!!! :D

Liberator

Bench Warmer
Oct 1, 2005
Farsi Zaban said:
I think at this point I'm satisfied with 1385. That suits the state of our country better for now.Thanx but no thanx.
I understand what you're saying but this isn't about appeasing the Islamic Republic or Taazi's (since it is after all their calendar that you are mentioning) just because of the status quo. Acceptance is the worst way one can help evil-doers prosper and thrive. If you are a fighter you will never subdue to the ones who try to subdue you. Keep your honor and dignity. Stand tall and proud, and defend your culture and history.

NOROOZET SHAAD BAAD!

Liberator

Bench Warmer
Oct 1, 2005
Pouya said:
Gott nytt året RIGHT BACK AT YOU!!! :D
Hehe.. Pouya om du var lite mer aktiv har sa kunde vi snacka skit om "vissa personer" har inne pa svenska :--biggrin j/k.

Gott Nytt År AghA!