Obama just offered Iran ...

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
...or my expectation was just too high.
If anything Reza joon (I think I got the name right?), I think your expectations were too low for an Iranian representative. Even Liberia's president's speech blew Rohani's out of the water - hands down. But then again, we're not talking about an Iranian representative, but an IR representative - for that, your expectation can never be low enough, not to be disappointed! ;)

By the way, despite his interview with Amanpour and saying that the crime committed by the Nazis against the Jews was reprehensible, Haaretz pretty much called him a Holocaust denier based on the typical Litmus test for that: http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/west-of-eden/1.548926

Last edited:

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
As an Iranian, I feel like hanging myself, thinking this is the best we can put forth on the world stage! Shame on us! :(
As an Iranian American - I want to hang myself, because neither Rohani nor Obama represent me.
These guys are playing a game against the best interests of Iran and America.

Oct 18, 2002
If anything Reza joon (I think I got the name right?), I think your expectations were too low for an Iranian representative. Even Liberia's president's speech blew Rohani's out of the water - hands down. But then again, we're not talking about an Iranian representative, but an IR representative - for that, your expectation can never be low enough, not to be disappointed! ;)
I remember Khatamis speech a decade ago or the one at Harvard. This was powerful and well. At that time my expectation was way too low haha Rohani reminded me to Khatami but he is not even close to him. I feel like he tries not to upset rahbar by showing everyone that Iran is not seeking for help. Well, I might give credit to this but at the end we all know IRI better be cooperative before noone in the west takes any of them seriously.

By the way, despite his interview with Amanpour and saying that the crime committed by the Nazis against the Jews was reprehensible, Haaretz pretty much called him a Holocaust denier based on the typical Litmus test for that: http://www.haaretz.com/blogs/west-of-eden/1.548926
I want to watch the whole interview tonight. Sometimes they just publish some sentences to keep up the rating. Well, I doubt he will stand behind her statemet that crime commited by Nazis is reprehensible. I assume he wants to keep all his bullets in his pocket as long as IRI can gain a lot out of the negotiation.

By the way, are Iranians really good in playing poker. The way they play it now, reminds me of someone who has full house and its component might loose it all. Yeah right :))

Oct 18, 2002
As an Iranian American - I want to hang myself, because neither Rohani nor Obama represent me.
These guys are playing a game against the best interests of Iran and America.
Well at least Obama has given you freedom to speak and somehow peace versus Rohani and Co. made your family to move out of homeland.
I think the best interest for us is that those in Iran will have the same way of liberty and democracy the way we both have it.
So far
USA 1 Iran 0

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Well at least Obama has given you freedom to speak and somehow peace versus Rohani and Co. made your family to move out of homeland.
I think the best interest for us is that those in Iran will have the same way of liberty and democracy the way we both have it.
So far
USA 1 Iran 0
Obama had nothing to do with my freedom of speech - in fact he is doing all he can to undermine it.........History will tell. As I said - Obama is anti American. He is also anti human rights - if he was not he would not bow down to the Saudi King or offer a handshake to IR.....

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I remember Khatamis speech a decade ago or the one at Harvard. This was powerful and well. At that time my expectation was way too low haha Rohani reminded me to Khatami but he is not even close to him. I feel like he tries not to upset rahbar by showing everyone that Iran is not seeking for help. Well, I might give credit to this but at the end we all know IRI better be cooperative before noone in the west takes any of them seriously.

I want to watch the whole interview tonight. Sometimes they just publish some sentences to keep up the rating. Well, I doubt he will stand behind her statemet that crime commited by Nazis is reprehensible. I assume he wants to keep all his bullets in his pocket as long as IRI can gain a lot out of the negotiation.

By the way, are Iranians really good in playing poker. The way they play it now, reminds me of someone who has full house and its component might loose it all. Yeah right :))
Overall, I think Rohani wants to satisfy everyone and leaders who want to satisfy everyone usually end up satisfying no one - if not pissing off everyone! That's not just in Iran, but anywhere in the world and Khatami was a perfect example of this as far as Iran is concerned. Ultimately, Rohani has to understand that time is running out quickly, not just for him but for Iran economically. If he's not willing to piss some hardliners off in Iran by pushing, and I mean pushing, a real concrete deal through with the US, I see no reason why the US congress would not want to push through the bill that virtually cuts off all of Iran's oil exports - particularly since the global economy is improving now.

Hassan1980

Bench Warmer
Feb 17, 2008
Recent developments have shown that a few people here are more loyal to the zionist state then they are to their own vatan. Yes, i am talking mainly about Bi-honar. The guy is defending Israel in such a vigorous way that you start to think he has financial ties to Aipac or he has some kind of agreement with his zionist masters back in Telaviv. Well dude, you are not a Iranian, so dont play the role of a Iranian here, your loyalty lies more towards Netanyahu then your own Vatan. What you are spewing here day in and day out is the same rhetoric of Bibi and that guy Baird. Do us all a favour and apply for Israeli citizenship so that we know 100% you are finally tied to your original ''vatan''