(OLD THRED FROM 2014) - CL Semi-Finals [R]

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Game over 1-0 Real.

Pathetic passing by Bayern. keep passing, passing for nothing!!! They need a change of plan for return leg.

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
not a pen for me.

bayern with all their possession, were too predictable. and i will always fancy real score one or two away at bayern. so bayern would have to score 3 or 4 to go through.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
In champions league knock out stages away goal is so important

Both Madrid teams are favourites to advance to the final .. considering Chelsea got injured and suspended players

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
In champions league knock out stages away goal is so important

Both Madrid teams are favourites to advance to the final .. considering Chelsea got injured and suspended players
dont be fooled by chelsea and what jose feeds u. they have one coming back from suspension, and their player of the season (by a mile) should be back by next wednesday.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Liverpool is the only still undefeated team in Top 5 European Leagues in 2014. What an incredible run

Top European teams Are Shit-Scared :D

Attachments

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Really dude, there's no place for discussing Liverpool under this thread. They were not even in the tournament. Wait your turn till next year. Keep it about Champions League.
Liverpool have qualified and I'm comparing our current form to the other top teams in CL :D

We are the best

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
I know Bayern had a height advantage in this game, but I'm mot sure why Pep opted for so many crosses - after struggling with 14 corners, they were still crossing the ball from shooting positions! Also, not sure why he didn't start Schwein and Muller together. Ribery was way off his game today. The return game should be a good one.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Ancelotti is a great coach -- he has won title in Italy (Milan), England(Chelsea), France(Paris Saint-Germain) and also spain coppa del rey this year.
Not very successful in CL but I think he has been unlucky many times.

Today RM played defensively like a Italian team and offensively very good as well ... It should be amazing game in Munich but I think this is the RM and Ancelotti year.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I know Bayern had a height advantage in this game, but I'm mot sure why Pep opted for so many crosses - after struggling with 14 corners, they were still crossing the ball from shooting positions! Also, not sure why he didn't start Schwein and Muller together. Ribery was way off his game today. The return game should be a good one.
I'm sure they will make adjustments in the return leg it's all good but yes I didn't get that either. Clearly BM had a height advantage but they did not properly use it and yes Ribery was way off today along with others heck Robben was nowhere to be found, Kroos missed a free kick so it was not just Rebery who was off.