(OLD THRED FROM 2014) - CL Semi-Finals [R]

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Atletico Madrid vs Chelsea

Torres to score against his old club tonight. you heard it here first. :)

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
45 mins of intensive defending by Chelsea in the first half.. as expected

lets see what happens in the second half ..

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Chelsea defended real well and got a precious away draw at Atletico.

Cahill , Terry & Luiz were nearly flawless in the box for Chelsea.

Atletico was quite impressive in pressing.

2nd leg at Stamford Bridge should be interesting as Chelsea will be in attacking mode while Atletico is also quite capable in counter attack.

Feb 22, 2005
Great game by Athletico. Raul Garcia was total S**t. He should have been taken out earlier. How many goal opportunities he missed. Costa did not have a great game.

I think Athletico has the best defense and arguably best midfield.

Chelsea played with 6 defenders.

I think they will win at chelsea as they are a better team.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Chelsea should be ashamed of themselves what a Disgusting 19th Century football they played tonight.. yet Mourinho has the nerve to criticize small EPL clubs such as West Ham united when they park the BUS against Chelsea..

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
that must have been one of the most boring matches ever televised. and what we learned is that when chelsea decides to park the bus, there are not many teams out there that can get passed it.

Aug 26, 2005
Chelsea is the first team to leave the Vicente Calderon undefeated in this season. ! keep on talking about parking buses and how this and that Mourinho is !!!
And again:

Barca did it in the Supercopa. Barca (again), Sevilla and Real Madrid all tied Atletico there in La Liga. Real Madrid beat them there in the Copa del Rey.

Mar 13, 2007
I have no idea how this junk of a team athletic madrid made it this far into champions league. Just about every team in EPL would have given this 3rd string chelsea team more problems. I still think AM will take the tie cause chelsea has no one left to play for them, but that would be the only reason.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
gotta hand it to Chelsea, they can park the bus better than anybody. Even with the full squad available, Mourinho would still employ the same tactics as he has done so countless times in the past.

He is entitled to use whatever tactics he wants to but he is no football genius in my book. He is a supreme motivator but as far as tactics goes, his approach is pedestrian.