(OLD THRED FROM 2014) - CL Semi-Finals [R]

Feb 22, 2005
I am not surprised. You are so stuck in the story you have created about how great EPL teams are, and Chelsea always being the best, that you have failed to see the teams for who they really are. That is why when Barclona played as one of the top 3 best teams of all time, you called them garbage and Messi rubbish. I wonder how many people on this site back your claims, even those of Chelsea fans.

Those that believe in InDaMoney philosophy please stand up.

I have no idea how this junk of a team athletic madrid made it this far into champions league. Just about every team in EPL would have given this 3rd string chelsea team more problems. I still think AM will take the tie cause chelsea has no one left to play for them, but that would be the only reason.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
I think Xabi Alonso , Luka Modric & Ronaldo will need to have a massive game for Real Madrid to get the result tonight.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
I think Xabi Alonso , Luka Modric & Ronaldo will need to have a massive game for Real Madrid to get the result tonight.
Bayern Munchen is my 2nd favorite team next to Arsenal and you are right not only Ronaldo needs to show up but Ronaldo and company need to show up if they want to win this massive game. I know BM is going to focus on taking Ronaldo out of the game let someone else beat you and you won the game. It should be a good one clash of two giants.

Oh and yes I must admit I agree with R Baggio nobody can park the bus better than Chelsea but that takes a certain talent to pull it off you need to pay solid defense. Of course to be fair, what did you expect Chelsea to do they were going against an all attack team. It's the NFL equivalent of a defensive minded coach blitzing the house against an offensive minded coach who likes to spread you out and send five receivers at you. You need to play safe otherwise you will get burned. Sometimes parking the bus is a necessary evil. Overall record Bayern holds an 11-7-2 record it seems like they just went over that now it will be Real and their 4-3-3 vs Bayern and the 4-3-2-1(the Wenger formation)

Last edited:

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
By the way can FIFA ever update their songs the Champions is so played out, they they always play the same Heineken commercial over and over where the dude is playing on the drums.

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho says he would rest players for Sunday's trip to Liverpool, but he has to "listen to the club".
Mourinho says he is just a manager and Not an important person @ Chelsea FC

Lampard and Obi Mikel are suspended for the second leg and both Terry and Cech are out due to injuries

[video=youtube;oIgZ7gI7YgA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIgZ7gI7YgA[/video]

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho says he would rest players for Sunday's trip to Liverpool, but he has to "listen to the club".
Mourinho says he is just a manager and an important person @ Chelsea FC

[video=youtube;oIgZ7gI7YgA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIgZ7gI7YgA[/video]
He is right and this is actually on the humble side for Jose he is just a manager and a good manager listens to his club. I seriously doubt Chelsea will park the bus in the return game against Athletico. I also expect them to put up a fight but they are going to end up on the short end of the stick against Liverpool @Ann Field. If they park the bus against Liverpool, they are eventually going to get burned.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Wow what a counter and a goal by Real Ronaldo to Benzema #9 still has it and for those of you saying he is too old, watch that nice tap in. Wow Bayern Munchen is shocked but they were here before against Man U so I'm not too worried.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Remember United scored first also.
That is what I also said as well and look how Bayern responded it woke them up and this will wake Bayern up as well. It seems like they need a little shock to get them going they are those guys. Oh and I agree RM is tailor made for Chelsea but they need to get past the Bavarian giants first.